So, my Verizon Z10 100-4 was previously running on 10.1.0.2354 with the .2355 radio. Everything was great, except the battery life. The random reboots were a thing of the past, now if only I could improve the battery life.

After researching others findings, I decided to make an autoloader with 2354 OS and the 1917 radio to see if there was any improvement.

Here lies the problem, since this change I've not been able to use any android apps, either legit ports from BlackBerry World or side loads, when starting the app I receive a dialog message "The process system.apps has stopped unexpectedly", this message returns pretty much immediately when you click the 'force close' button offered and cannot be gotten rid of, rendering the apps unusable. I've noticed on some other CrackBerry threads that others have had this issue, but a wipe / reload was the fix.

If I use the autoloader to reload my device again, either with the 2354/1917 combo or the 2354/2355 combo the Android runtime functions normally, however, as soon as I restore the app data the problem is back.

Not restoring app data would seem to be the fix, however, here lies the problem for me. I make very heavy use of remember and have hundreds of memo's and add multiple new ones daily. I also have a pretty comprehensive database of password data in password keeper that I don't want to lose. These apps data have also changed significantly since the previous backup to result in unacceptable data loss if I revert.

I've tried some other fixes, such as reinstalling the Android runtime with Sachibar, but so far nothing has fixed the issue. I don't see what else I can do until BlackBerry Link supports partial restoration of app data.

If anyone has any other ideas of what I could try to fix the runtime issue, I would be most grateful of the suggestions.

Russ.

Posted via CB10
    shaunj539 likes this.
    06-24-13 11:13 AM
    Well I can help with one information that is the memos n remember app are backed up under settings not applications..

I think that password keeper also under settings but i'm not sure about it but I can confirm about the memos since I only back up settings and get them back after installing a leak..

Settings as far as I saw restore contacts, memos, calender, accounts and I don't know if it covers anything more

Posted via CB10
    russnash likes this.
    06-24-13 05:36 PM
    Well I can help with one information that is the memos n remember app are backed up under settings not applications..

I think that password keeper also under settings but i'm not sure about it but I can confirm about the memos since I only back up settings and get them back after installing a leak..

Settings as far as I saw restore contacts, memos, calender, accounts and I don't know if it covers anything more

Posted via CB10
    That's pretty interesting, I'm surprised because having suspected that something being amiss in my 'applications' portion of my backup, I restored just the apps portion to confirm and noted that my remember memo's and passwords etc were there. Are they possibly backed up in both places?

Thanks for the tip, I'm going to do some investigating with my dev alpha c and see if this truly is the case as it would likely solve my issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:18 PM
    Wow I'm having a pretty similar problem to you. My battery life has been absolutely shocking for the past few leaks and all I restore is my settings backup to get my remember notes.. I also really want to start from scratch but I can't afford to lose my remember notes!

I guess we now have a lesson learned that when using an app, we must find one with an export feature!

For passwords, their is a paid app on BlackBerry World called "Vault" that would seem to assist you if you took the time out to transfer the passwords over.

Hopefully we find a solution

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:58 PM
    Excellent news!!!

I just ran a test with my Dev Alpha C device, I autoloaded a fresh 10.1 OS onto it and proceeded to create the following:

1 - Remember memos and tasks, including new folders.
    2 - Installed Password Keeper and created some entries.
    3 - Created some entries in my local calendar.

After this, I ran a BlackBerry Link backup and proceeded to delete all of the above entries I had made. Next, I used BlackBerry Link to just restore the settings data and POOF!!!.... *ALL* of it was back... Remember, Password Keeper and Local Calendar entries!!!

So, to summarize, we can restore just 'settings' and still retain Remember, Password Keeper and Local Calendar data.

Awesome news, thanks so much for the tip Alooi Divona.

Russ.
    Alooi Divona likes this.
    06-24-13 07:25 PM
    That's great, Glad to help

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 05:22 AM
    Successfully reloaded .2354 with the .1917 radio last night and restored just the settings. Anxious to see now if there is any improvement in battery usage.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:50 AM