09-18-15 09:45 PM
86 ... 234
tools
    @wMarck90, you are very correct in your post. I don't see why blackberry want to switch completely to android which is not stable and contains a lot of bugs. Rather than switching to android, I would prefer they maintain the BB10 OS and include the Powered By Android In the start up since like I heard, it's one of the reasons Google refused to allow BB10 run Google play services so we can have smooth running android apps.

Posted by djeniuss via the CB10 App
    Only a pure Android device is permitted to run Google Play Services.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    08-29-15 11:03 AM
    Only a pure Android device is permitted to run Google Play Services.

It has to have the framework for android. That's all that's required. BlackBerry could just put an overlay (Like how Samsung has Touchwiz), though they'll need to be careful about it being a resource hog....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    08-29-15 02:38 PM
    It has to have the framework for android. That's all that's required. BlackBerry could just put an overlay (Like how Samsung has Touchwiz), though they'll need to be careful about it being a resource hog....

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk Pro.
    You can skin it as much as you like, but it must be a 100% compatible pure Android base.

08-29-15 03:10 PM
    Anybody seen leeks of Venice running bb10? Anybody seen what updates and improvements are coming in the next bb10 update? Anybody seen any good stories on crackberry app about leaked future bb10 builds?

I think the answer lies in there somewhere. We need to resign to the fact we're going android. How BlackBerry deals with existing bb10 users will be the test on whether there is another playbook episode.

Remember it's not the first time BlackBerry have had two os on the go. They were still bringing out a bbos7 device and updates even when bb10 was fully fledged. Bare in mind that bb10 doesn't have a lot of users to begin with, say 40% swap over to the android skin, how much incentive does blackberry have to keep up with bb10 at that point?

It's sad but Chen has a business to run and share holders to keep happy. Interested to see how he explains this, a company who's ethos has been no compromise when it comes to security seems to have to had err compromise on security to keep the masses happy. Blame the switch on people who didn't buy BlackBerry when it was more focused on security than apps. Chens just giving people what they want and in this case you can't have your cake and eat it unfortunately.

Most confusing bit is BlackBerry said they weren't interested in consumers but then went down that road. It's hard to keep up with Chen. He's either deliberately throwing out curve balls so the competition don't know his next move or he doesn't know which direction to head in so dipping his toe in them. Me, like Chen, can't make my mind up which.

Posted by Passport on bb10 but not sure for how much longer!
    08-30-15 07:18 AM
    Most likely Passport will get android, and my personal hunch is that a BlackBerry runtime will be embedded in the Android OS to make all-American BlackBerry 10 applications work.
    09-16-15 10:07 PM
    I have been a blackberry supporter.
    But it is getting tougher and tougher.....new workplace apps are mostly available for iOS and Android only.
    I just learn that 69% of all the mobile user in one of the largest corporation in the world are using iOS, 30% are on Android...the remaining 1% are on blackberry.
    So I can understand why those newly developed business apps does not support blackberry.
    IMHO the only chance for BlackBerry phone business at this stage of the game is to "fully" support Android apps....switching to Android OS is probably the easiest way to achieve that.
    I still like the look of the upcoming slider phone from BlackBerry, but being able to run native Android on it will allow me to run those business app for work.....and therefore not forcing me to have to switch to a Samsung or other brand Android phone.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Last edited by slgta; 09-16-15 at 11:50 PM.
    codeslinga likes this.
    09-16-15 11:28 PM
    Waiting for android

Posted via CB10
    Waiting? You can grab an Android device right now. There are Samsung, Sony, etc out there. Don't let the BlackBerry door hit you on your way out.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:49 AM
    Waiting? You can grab an Android device right now. There are Samsung, Sony, etc out there. Don't let the BlackBerry door hit you on your way out.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah and I hope this door slamming fast ;P

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+*
    09-18-15 10:26 AM
    Yeah and I hope this door slamming fast ;P

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.2.+*
    ...and VERY HARD.
    09-18-15 11:02 AM
    @conite
    Z10 BBOS 10.3.2.2639 here, using Synology Android apps to access my DS213 station.
    Working perfectly and I didn't need a gozzilion core Android device to use all the others native functions, and take care about security threats, and to configure some dozen of widgets for normal tasks, and care if the app I did use is one of the thousand of spyware avaliable on the store...I think you got the point.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 02:06 PM
    You mean you don't follow Kim Kardashian on Instagram? Shame on you. Or you don't snapchat - shame on you again.

LOL

Posted via CB10
    I really don't. I don't feel ashamed for it.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-15 09:45 PM
86 ... 234