09-18-15 08:45 PM
86 1234
tools
    Why so mad bro ?

I can hear your hi pitched tone while reading post , relax get iphone or android or your health get worst of all this .
    If you only knew! Conite has been an avid BlackBerry supporter. He has helped more people in these forums with their BB10 issues than you can imagine!

Having said that, he has a valid point. Despite its shortcomings, Android has certain advantages. From what I have seen in the forums, many BlackBerry users (including me) carry more than one device (i.e., a BlackBerry plus an Android or an iPhone) to get the full mobile experience. If BlackBerry goes Android, it may make it possible to use one device that has the best of both worlds. That may actually be great!
    08-27-15 06:53 AM
    I appreciate the support.

To be clear, I want BlackBerry to continue making devices. With BB10 sales at around a million a quarter and going down, they will be forced to throw in the towel very soon unless they make a significant change.

With most of the development tools going EOL, lack of any roadmap, and layoffs in the unit, it appears that BB10 has been shifted into a support model.

Most people want and need apps - for both work and play. With native app development almost non-existent, and an Android Runtime stuck at Jelly Bean and without Google Play Services, a move to Android seems logical and necessary.

The BlackBerry Experience Suite on both BlackBerry-branded Android devices and other devices seems to be the direction they are moving.

If this is what must be done to ensure I still have a device made by BlackBerry (at least for a while longer), then so be it. I'm on board.

I'll have my Passport SE in one hand, and my BlackBerry Android Slider in the other.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    08-27-15 07:27 AM
    If you expect that BlackBerry can patch every flaws of Android, you are probably dream. Do you expect fast and fluid OS like BB10? Do you expect privacy and security with Google Services and Play Store? And do you expect that BlackBerry selling good because is switched to Android?
    Do you have talked with consumer about BlackBerry? They considering old and dead. What Chen has did for that? Nothing.
    The brand is damaged and switching to Android only don't increase the selling of devices.

Also it's going to be fun, the reputation of BlackBerry about security will be damaged, after the Venice is getting rooted and security holes by Android.
    08-27-15 08:19 AM
    If you expect that BlackBerry can patch every flaws of Android, you are probably dream. Do you expect fast and fluid OS like BB10? Do you expect privacy and security with Google Services and Play Store? And do you expect that BlackBerry selling good because is switched to Android?
    Do you have talked with consumer about BlackBerry? They considering old and dead. What Chen has did for that? Nothing.
    The brand is damaged and switching to Android only don't increase the selling of devices.

Also it's going to be fun, the reputation of BlackBerry about security will be damaged, after the Venice is getting rooted and security holes by Android.
    Let's see.... what are Chen's options?

1) Shutdown BB10 development and don't order anymore phones from the builders.

2) Shutdown BB10 development, order some phones with Android from the builders and see it BlackBerry can sell them.

Do I think BlackBerry will fix all the security holes in Android.... NO
    Do I think that a Android BlackBerry will get all the same DoD certifications... NO
    Do I think that matters.... NO.

I don't think the Android BlackBerry has to be as good as BB10 was, it just needs to be better than Stock Android, iOS and Windows. Yeah they might lose a few of the top of the pyramid - Regulated Industries and Governments. But there are just more potential business customers at the bottom than there is at the top. And I'm sure Chen's information show that they weren't selling many to this market anyway.

Sadly BB10 had it's day... it is a great OS with LOTS of potential. But it was just too late to the market, by several years.
    Tim Smith2 likes this.
    08-27-15 09:08 AM
    ...The brand is damaged and switching to Android only don't increase the selling of devices...
    Not sure if it will save BlackBerry, but I doubt the sales will be any worse than it is now!
    08-27-15 09:13 AM
    I don't think the Android BlackBerry has to be as good as BB10 was, it just needs to be better than Stock Android, iOS and Windows.
    Sadly BB10 had it's day... it is a great OS with LOTS of potential. But it was just too late to the market, by several years.
    You are right on the last point also Windows Phone it's late to the party, but can still survive like Sailfish OS or Tizen. Chen never had the goal to compete against Samsung or Apple

Android better than iOS or Windows in terms of stability, security and performance? Wrong. Android is never going to be better. Just watch the tablet market, do you really think Google with all the money has can't compete with iPad? Or can't make a good ecosystem for the tablet side?
    Google simple doesn't care because they make the money with ads and data. And why they should care to be better? When they has the 80% of global market share? And no real competitor? Google is like the Microsoft of 90.

BB10 is superior and can have better apps than Android counterpart. Not every apps, but this can be fixed with the runtime or a better strategy like Microsoft. BB10 can be alive and can have their niche of market, it's all in the hands of John Chen.
    08-27-15 09:22 AM
    Hm, all those things listed (except VPN, medical devices) are usually done on a desk, a place where usually a phone should not be the primary tool.

I am yet to see a professional photographer using Android to edit photos or an Architect using AutoCAD. Amateurs, sure.

Posted via CB10
    From experience, at building sites phones are mostly used for taking record pictures, odd calculations and pdf browsing. Although PDF annotation is possible anything involved would be done at the site office, either with real blueprints or laptops and the like. Most often than not paper and red pencil do the trick. Also measuring apps are too imprecise when compared with the real stuff. Now, using the phone as a data terminal for other BT enabled tools works very well.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    08-27-15 09:22 AM
    Not sure if it will save BlackBerry, but I doubt the sales will be any worse than it is now!
    If you go on a store or shopping center, you can't found a BlackBerry 10 devices. If this policy still continue how this is going to be changed? How do you expect to selling BB10 devices if you don't do nothing in terms of Marketing?
    BlackBerry has lost many good opportunity, an example the story of Hacking Team, what they has do? Nothing. The problem here is not BB10.
    08-27-15 09:25 AM
    BB10 is superior and can have better apps than Android counterpart. Not every apps, but this can be fixed with the runtime or a better strategy like Microsoft. BB10 can be alive and can have their niche of market, it's all in the hands of John Chen.
    How can BB10 continue when they are losing million of dollars every quarter as sales continue to erode? How do you maintain a modern OS with less than a million device sales per quarter? You have to be sensible and realistic.
    08-27-15 09:58 AM
    (in reply to cnnites first comment)... Should definitely buy an iPhone; what critical apps aren't best handled with a real laptop? Rather than *cell phone widgets* ..err apps.

People are so annoyingly stupid like if you want an iPhone so bad then go buy an iPhone. You don't buy chicken and cry that it's doesn't taste like beef?

You don't take vitamin C pills and complain that you're not getting the benefits of vitamin A pills from them? Like duh clearly you aught to go buy vitamin A pills.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 09:59 AM
    Everyone who is not a fan of BlackBerry going android, will soon find out, that if they don't go that direction, bb10 will not be available anymore not by BlackBerry choice, but realities of the market.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 10:06 AM
    (in reply to cnnites first comment)... Should definitely buy an iPhone; what critical apps aren't best handled with a real laptop? Rather than *cell phone widgets* ..err apps.

People are so annoyingly stupid like if you want an iPhone so bad then go buy an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    ??? What in the world did I write that would make you think I want an iPhone? I'll own the last BlackBerry device ever made. But I won't ignore the simple fact that apps are important, and that for any chance of commercial success they must be available.

My concern is for the continued EXISTANCE of BlackBerry devices.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2639
    anon(9155131) likes this.
    08-27-15 10:08 AM
    ??? What in the world did I write that would make you think I want an iPhone? I'll own the last BlackBerry device ever made. But I won't ignore the simple fact that apps are important, and that for any chance of commercial success they must be available.

My concern is for the continued EXISTANCE of BlackBerry devices.

You'd sell your kids to feed yourself. Times may be hard but there's no reason to throw away all that you've created and worked for just to go out and party with the rest of the crowd. Is it more important to be mature & responsible, or cool? The analogy is direct.

With BlackBerry 10 you have the opportunity to create a mature, refined, solid operating system -- to compliment solid hardware. Or you can throw that whole project to the dirt to go join the "cool" kids and try to fit in where you don't belong, when low key everyone knows you did some shameful things to join them. The whole industry will look and say "they've clearly given up, the threat of BlackBerry rising again is no more".

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 10:13 AM
    You'd sell your kids to feed yourself. Times may be hard but there's no reason to throw away all that you've created and worked for just to go out and party with the rest of the crowd. Is it more important to be mature & responsible, or cool? The analogy is direct.

Posted via CB10
    If you don't read what people write, I don't see the point of being on a forum.

Conite is 100% right. Despite our love for BlackBerry, we can stay objective.
    If BB10 doesn't evolve, there's will be no BlackBerry at all in a near future. I don't like Android, but I know it is the way to go.
    08-27-15 10:18 AM
    If you don't read what people write, I don't see the point of being on a forum.

Conite is 100% right. Despite our love for BlackBerry, we can stay objective.
    I read what he wrote, sell the soul to keep the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by claneyy; 08-27-15 at 10:55 AM.
    08-27-15 10:20 AM
    What about the BlackBerry Suite ? It's not like they will put TouchWiz on a Passport.
    08-27-15 10:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    There is no third option: the end of the device business, or another chance with the BlackBerry Experience Suite on a BlackBerry-built Android device. Pick one.

08-27-15 10:27 AM
    You don't take vitamin C pills and complain that you're not getting the benefits of vitamin A pills from them? Like duh clearly you aught to go buy vitamin A pills.
    Haven't you heard of multi-vitamins? Lol
    It is possible to get the benefits of both vitamins (even if it may not be the full dosage) in one package! That's what Android BlackBerry may offer!
    08-27-15 10:46 AM
    Haven't you heard of multi-vitamins? Lol
    It is possible to get the benefits of both vitamins (even if it may not be the full dosage) in one package! That's what Android BlackBerry may offer!
    BlackBerry already offers*

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 10:54 AM

Every android device can be rooted, so why would singling out blackberry make it "fun"? I bet you are getting wet over the idea lol.

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 10:54 AM
    I'm a BB10 fan and love the way it runs. All the APPS I use runs good with the runtime or native. But I can read the trend, or BlackBerry can get GPS on BB10 or devices won't sell. Sells are dead except for government who are still holding to BBOS and doing slow transition and us the loyal users who keep finding ways to get what we want thanks to Crackberry.
    The best is if BlackBerry can deliver devises able to choose which OS to run on initial start up and with 2 different OS autoloaders or via link for same device for changes afterwards. This will let BlackBerry watch to which OS the customer is responding to. Is development will go to the more profitable one and the other will get stability updates. Afterwards if they can make a secure android environment they can go with it or leave BB10 just for security clients. If android turn out to be a flop and sales turn up to be just for no real gain they can drop it and go back to BB10 development.
    Will love to see BlackBerry developing a Secure text message by BBM and secure Mail by BlackBerry in which other platform user can select to use this as the way to manage both emails and text using BlackBerry infrastructures with encryption and security.

Posted from the all mighty Z30  10.3.2.2339
    08-27-15 10:55 AM
    There is no third option: the end of the device business, or another chance with the BlackBerry Experience Suite on a BlackBerry-built Android device. Pick one.

There is a third option, get up and sale your product like your life depends on it. But that actually takes effort...

All I get from BlackBerry is that they are a lazy company who expects phones to just sell themselves without them actually getting out of bed and selling them. They blame everyone else for not researching them on their own and allow others to believe they never made new phones. Give me 100, Blackberrys and watch me walk down the streets and get devices in the hands of 100 people; this company's marketing tactics have been a joke under their current leadership, they claim to be a business but cannot sell gold. You will always find people loyal to BlackBerry because they've actually used the hardware and then a ridiculously large amount of people who have never seen nor heard of BlackBerry 10.

Who's fault is it that the phones aren't selling????? Stop making excuses for this lazy company who doesn't even know the basics of selling a product, yet their in the industry of selling products. They literally go out of their way to label BlackBerry devices as phones consumers won't want.... out of their way to make sure no one wants their products! Making it out to be some kind of government device like a walkie talkie or some weird thing.... but then flip around and say we want to put consumer android on it? What they need to do is start firing these lazy bums they call salesmen.

Give me this hot new device that most people aren't hip to and watch me go out and sell it. Not sit online and wait for people to come to me. The only products people "go to" are products they are familiar with, and if they don't even know what BlackBerry 10 is and you never cared to teach them, OF CORSE SALES WILL BE LOW.

This lazy company just wants to publish listings online, get free reviews from android youtubers, etc and whatever they can to be as lazy as possible. This isn't even the original team that conceptualized BlackBerry 10 to compete, these are some lazy newbs who have no creative vision whatsoever. They don't even know they're BlackBerry, they think their cisco or something, it's truly peculiar like watching a sheep that thinks he's a dog.

I understand you can also use your experience in security to generate a firm business, but why not do that under a better more secure name than BlackBerry; the word BlackBerry already has a solid definition as to its meaning, and should not be trying to be something it's not when it's just as simple to create a division that operates under a different name. You can't just walk into McDonald's and try to rebrand it as a security company, that security company won't be as successful as McDonald's operating a sub company called like 'secutec' or something; like God this company is ridiculously confused! Just as McDonald's will always be connected to food, BlackBerry will be connect to cell phones and this will diminish the view of whatever offhand venture their pushing to you. Okay I'm done basically BlackBerry is a company that literally does not want to 'think' to make money.

Posted via CB10
    dalinxz likes this.
    08-27-15 10:58 AM
    How can BB10 continue when they are losing million of dollars every quarter as sales continue to erode? How do you maintain a modern OS with less than a million device sales per quarter? You have to be sensible and realistic.

Me? Maybe you need to be sensible and realistic. How BlackBerry can compete with other Android OEM? With the Keyboard or because the form factor of the Slider? And don't you think consumer need that? Business? With Android? That have many flaws in security, stability and performance? And John Chen with Google Services repeat that he is committed to security and privacy? Yes in which dream?

BB10 poor sales are the result of no marketing and no investments. There is many people that still think BlackBerry has device with only keyboard and old OS. Is their fault for don't know? Yes, but is also the fault of BlackBerry that hasn't doing nothing for that.
    BB10 can be alive with his niche market share.
    08-27-15 01:43 PM
    Every android device can be rooted, so why would singling out blackberry make it "fun"? I bet you are getting wet over the idea lol.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly rooted is the first door to open the flaws of security. BlackBerry security completely destroyed by Android.
    08-27-15 01:45 PM
    Me? Maybe you need to be sensible and realistic. How BlackBerry can compete with other Android OEM? With the Keyboard or because the form factor of the Slider? And don't you think consumer need that? Business? With Android? That have many flaws in security, stability and performance? And John Chen with Google Services repeat that he is committed to security and privacy? Yes in which dream?

BB10 poor sales are the result of no marketing and no investments. There is many people that still think BlackBerry has device with only keyboard and old OS. Is their fault for don't know? Yes, but is also the fault of BlackBerry that hasn't doing nothing for that.
    BB10 can be alive with his niche market share.
    It doesn't matter how we got here. We are here now. The device business is over with BB10. The fat lady has sung and gone home.

Android is certainly harder to secure, but businesses have, for the most part, ALREADY moved to iPhone and Android through corporate issued devices or through BYOD.

08-27-15 01:55 PM
86 1234