10-06-15 10:56 AM
38 12
tools
    I don't think you understand what I meant. I'm not talking about animated touch responses or flow or anything. With depth in design, I meant the flat icons and retro look, instead of a 3D looking design. You know the difference between 10.2 and 10.3, right? Well, Android seems to work in the opposite direction. What BlackBerry left out in 10.3, Google added in Lollipop.
    You know the differences between Android L and the versions before it, right? Android L is really a usability initiative, not so much a change in visual style. The differences between the Android Holo theme and Material Design are not so much visual. BlackBerry 10.3 is all about visuals, hardly usability. Blackberry 10.2 is very remote from what Google is doing with Android L now.

Windows Phone was first with the flat design. You could say that the direction Lollipop is heading, they have studied BlackBerry's 10.2. But BlackBerry is moving on, while Android has adopted the 10.2 style. As if they traded the design style. I'm not trying to make either OS look bad, it was just something I noticed (didn't want to discuss as it's just an observation) and was surprised no one else had.
    There are different trends in flat design and Android had preferred that visual style before Windows Phone came along. It’s just that Windows Phone has a different design language than Android which made it a lot flatter than Android.

Honestly, you need to provide examples if you think that Android L is moving towards BlackBerry 10.2 design, because that is superficial at best. Android L is a reiteration and development of the existing Holo theme but with a strong focus on usability. BlackBerry 10.2 only had a slim base of flat design but which richer buttons, toggles and icons. This is something Android L still doesn’t have.

See the links below. Where do you see the parallels? I would almost say that Android L looks a bit flatter even than it did before.

http://tabtec.com/android/material-d...vs-4-4-kitkat/
    http://www.theverge.com/2014/6/25/58...interface-2014
    https://developer.blackberry.com/des...l_updates.html
    Last edited by Eitot; 10-19-14 at 12:02 PM.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-19-14 11:47 AM
    nicely said Eitot
    @kimoi we are all BlackBerry fans here but you do not have any idea what you are talking about. I don't think any single company in this world, is going after BlackBerry's 10.0 - 10.2.1 design. Research more about ALL phone brands and stop being a blind fanboy. Show us comparison pictures too.
    10-19-14 07:27 PM
    nicely said Eitot
    @kimoi we are all BlackBerry fans here but you do not have any idea what you are talking about. I don't think any single company in this world, is going after BlackBerry's 10.0 - 10.2.1 design. Research more about ALL phone brands and stop being a blind fanboy. Show us comparison pictures too.
    Is it possible that someone can use a phone without being a fanboy? It irritates me when people call each other fanboys

Posted via CB10
    kimoi likes this.
    10-19-14 07:47 PM
    Is it possible that someone can use a phone without being a fanboy? It irritates me when people call each other fanboys

Posted via CB10
    yes, looking back i hated all my phones between my last bold 9780 and my current q10
    10-19-14 08:13 PM
    yes, looking back i hated all my phones between my last bold 9780 and my current q10
    Sarcasm? And is it safe to assume that they weren't BlackBerrys?

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:25 PM
    Sarcasm? And is it safe to assume that they weren't BlackBerrys?

Posted via CB10
    He was making a statement that he buys BlackBerrys because he's not a fan of BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:45 PM
    nicely said Eitot
    @you and Eitot
    I know exactly what I'm talking about as I own a Z10 and a tablet with Kitkat. I've seen the images online of Lollipop and it looks flatter. I'm NOT saying "they're going after 10.2.1", those are your words. I just meant they subconsciously went in that direction on some visual aspects in the OS. Not a lot, but at least with the icons. Actually that's why I said it.

Now I looked for comparison pictures online, I was looking for Android Kitkat vs. Android Lollipop screen shots like this one:

http://viralph.com/wp-content/upload...ndroidL_10.jpg

But I stumbled upon many Android Lollipop vs. iOS8 screen shots. Which makes more sense. I don't own Apple products so I can't really base my opinion on anything personally here, but according to the screen shots it looks like Lollipop is heading more towards iOS8. Especially with the colours. They're not as colourful yet, but look:

http://static.knowyourmobile.com/sit...?itok=LJOF9rox

See the resemblance? I do think Android looks better visually though. Which is my personal opinion because I'm not a fan of a colourful UI. Many people online seem to compare those two because I did Google for something else and still got these comparisons.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:31 PM
    not sarcasm, i did hate my s3/s4/xperia and so on yet i used them for a while
    10-20-14 08:37 PM

See the resemblance? I do think Android looks better visually though. Which is my personal opinion because I'm not a fan of a colourful UI. Many people online seem to compare those two because I did Google for something else and still got these comparisons.

Posted via CB10
    I do agree they are going for a more visual, easier and more friendly interactive UI like iOS8. Which is smart in a way because now they are becoming more user friendly. The tech geeks get Cynogen mod anyways.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 09:58 PM
    @you and Eitot
    I know exactly what I'm talking about as I own a Z10 and a tablet with Kitkat. I've seen the images online of Lollipop and it looks flatter. I'm NOT saying "they're going after 10.2.1", those are your words. I just meant they subconsciously went in that direction on some visual aspects in the OS. Not a lot, but at least with the icons. Actually that's why I said it.
    You stated or clearly implied that when you said: ‘You could say that the direction Lollipop is heading, they have studied BlackBerry's 10.2. But BlackBerry is moving on, while Android has adopted the 10.2 style.’ What did you mean then when you posted that? You seem to be contradicting yourself now. I see Android L as the next step of the Holo style; flat but without usability affordances.

Now, when you say that they’ve picked up elements from iOS 7, then you are absolutely right. But Android L doesn’t just pick up the bright colours, the new design goes far deeper. iOS has always had a very strong emphasis on usability with more natural motions (animations that showed what happened), skeuomorphism (realistic controls, visible menu bars) and touch responses. With iOS 7, they took it a lot further by providing more organic transitions (zooming when opening an app, transitions that move in and out from the same spot), a layered structure (the translucency) and fewer noise (what people call a ‘clean’ design). This is Android L in a nutshell too and that is supported by Android L’s strong focus on a uniform design language with more natural animations, layered components (‘material design’) and touch responses.

This is something that BlackBerry has almost completely ignored. Both iOS 7 and Android L really live up when used. 10.3 is mostly a slight change in visual style, nothing else. It scratch the surface of what Google is doing with Android L.
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    10-21-14 04:48 AM
    how can I get lollipop software for z10 i've tried everything but they keep asking me to complete offers which don't work and is a waste of time . Can someone please help me ?
    10-06-15 09:23 AM
    how can I get lollipop software for z10 i've tried everything but they keep asking me to complete offers which don't work and is a waste of time . Can someone please help me ?
    I don't think this is possible at the moment. HW does not allow it if I am not mistaken. I have not heard of any ROMs you can load on any BlackBerry10 device to get Android or any other OS to load.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 10:40 AM
    thanks anyway😢
    10-06-15 10:56 AM
38 12