08-25-14 09:16 PM
35 12
tools
    I had posted this on the findings thread. Even though you update and delete after a reboot it comes back. deleted via sachesi and same results after reboot.

Lifting ain't for the faint of heart

P.S. For those who asks why to delete, I've found that it runs on the background and uses up memory. In addition, downloaded apps through Amazon has dependences to Amazon which is why you can't kill the task either. This beck a problem when doing stories via story maker or other apps that requires more memory as you will find that there's not enough memory to edit the movies etc. I had to constantly kill the task manually in order to gain enough memory to edit my movies.
    Samuele1996 likes this.
    08-24-14 05:41 PM
    I had posted this on the findings thread. Even though you update and delete after a reboot it comes back. deleted via sachesi and same results after reboot.

it's gone for me after tons of reboots and hard reboots
    08-24-14 05:43 PM
    Like to delete amazon is no use here. Europe

Posted via CB10
    Apart from almost all of it you mean?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 06:56 PM
    Discovery I found is that after you delete and restart the app is there but is not truly installed until you actually open the app. I had used Lucky Patcher to get some info on the app and it will not show up until you first open the amazon app. Once you do it will show up in Lucky Patcher and it will tell you when it was installed which is when you first opened the app. So considering I can't remove it meaning that it keeps coming back anyway, I'll just not initialize it after a restart.

08-24-14 09:45 PM
    Is the situation with 10.3.x different than 10.2.x in regards to Android apps? In 10.2.x, the Android Runtime doesn't start up until you execute an Android app, including the Amazon App Store app. For example, I have the Amazon App Store app installed in 10.2.x, but after a reboot, the start up on the Amazon app takes a bit of time, as the Android Runtime needs to start up. Does the Android Runtime always run in 10.3.x?
    08-25-14 12:07 AM
    You can also uninstall the amazon appstore with ghost commander. But the appstore icon is back as well after a restart.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 03:09 AM
    I just got an update pushed for/within the Amazon Appstore. After it updated, it became remove-able as well.

So that might be the way to go!
    _____
    On an unrelated note, I only tried Amazon to get some apps without Google Play services, but a lot of them still give that warning/force close.

BB10 signed @ C0007CC89
    08-25-14 07:17 AM
    I just got an update pushed for/within the Amazon Appstore. After it updated, it became remove-able as well.

So that might be the way to go!
    _____
    On an unrelated note, I only tried Amazon to get some apps without Google Play services, but a lot of them still give that warning/force close.

BB10 signed @ C0007CC89
    Try restart and see if the amazon app comes back. Removing isn't the problem, it's permanently removing is the issue.

08-25-14 08:26 AM

P.S. For those who asks why to delete, I've found that it runs on the background and uses up memory. In addition, downloaded apps through Amazon has dependences to Amazon which is why you can't kill the task either. This beck a problem when doing stories via story maker or other apps that requires more memory as you will find that there's not enough memory to edit the movies etc. I had to constantly kill the task manually in order to gain enough memory to edit my movies.
    That's an answer that makes sense to me. Thanks!

Verizon Q10 running 10.3.0.1052 on CB10. My boring channel but has cute Frenchie puppy pics
    08-25-14 11:48 AM
    I can confirm that without initializing amazon, my memory resources are much better and was even able to create my animated gif without crashing the app. The baked in Amazon really needs to go. I hope when the OS finally gets released BlackBerry will allow us to remove it.

08-25-14 09:16 PM
35 12