07-18-13 10:10 AM
878 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Can this be done with a Mac computer? Thanks
    06-15-13 08:03 AM
    I autoloaded the leak and installed the app world bar using sachibar. No big problems except the usual; yahoo mail error asking me to sign on to my account on a pc and retry. Time usually solves that. However, I have one weird error happening. I was reloading my apps from BB World and all worked fine except when trying to load the TD bank app. I got the following error message:
    Alpha build 10.2.0.228-img_00000038.jpg

Tried to download a few times and kept getting the message. I haven't tried anything to fix, anybody got any suggestions?
    Thanks
    06-15-13 08:21 AM
    I autoloaded the leak and installed the app world bar using sachibar. No big problems except the usual; yahoo mail error asking me to sign on to my account on a pc and retry. Time usually solves that. However, I have one weird error happening. I was reloading my apps from BB World and all worked fine except when trying to load the TD bank app. I got the following error message:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000038.jpg 
Views:	1840 
Size:	57.9 KB 
ID:	172408

Tried to download a few times and kept getting the message. I haven't tried anything to fix, anybody got any suggestions?
    Thanks
    That is because you run the newest appworld i had the same with foursquare better use the appworld that comes with the leak

BTW i went back to latest 10.1 leak because bebuzz didnt work anymore and weather same thing, will wait for e newer leak oh and whatsapp will dissapear from the HUB after a reboot so you wont get any notification only if you open the app itself
    Hamilton Guy likes this.
    06-15-13 08:27 AM
    This I will try reverting to an earlier version of app world

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:41 AM
    It's funny all these problems surface when I had none lmao either ways it's why I labeled it a alpha, I knew there would be these issues, but figured people would want to play with 10.2 just to get a feel of it

Posted via my awesome community driven Q10
    johnsoj2us and 00stryder like this.
    06-15-13 08:43 AM
    It's funny all these problems surface when I had none lmao either ways it's why I labeled it a alpha, I knew there would be these issues, but figured people would want to play with 10.2 just to get a feel of it

I was thinking that... you used it as a daily driver for what 2 weeks. but hey as always we appreciate it. Looking forward to the next!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:46 AM

How come you didnt have any of those problems kris ? I always do a clean install ( flashing leak, sec wipe after that ) btw i did that when i got the thing with whatsapp , didnt do anything else no sideloading nothing because i wanted to see if maybe i did something wrong myself but still had the same problem with whatsapp, the appworld was working fine for me
    06-15-13 08:52 AM
    Like I've said my Z10 was like godly lol

Daveensannie likes this.
    06-15-13 08:54 AM
    Like I've said my Z10 was like godly lol

LOL mine is like my wife......acting up sometimes
    PDM, 00stryder and dkreeg like this.
    06-15-13 08:55 AM
    It's impossible for one person to put an OS through every usage case. This is what the alpha/beta stage is for.. every person will have their settings slightly different, a different combination of apps installed, be on different networks, and use the device in different ways. Problems are bound to surface.

But that's why we love doing this. It's the thrill of the chase!

Posted via CB10
    Daveensannie likes this.
    06-15-13 09:00 AM
    Everything woks fine so far but no Whatsapp integration in Hub.
    Any solution for that?
    06-15-13 09:46 AM
    Anyone's BBM lags a bit while scrolling thru the status updates? Mine does, lag pretty awfully

Posted via CB10
    Nope no lag here.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:05 AM
    Any solution for that?
    Nope

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:20 AM

Props to you for making it available. I knew what you meant by Alpha and was prepared to take or risks associated with loading it. Its fun to try it out and I know I can count on you and the other participants for advice and help if something goes wrong.

I have been active on Crackberry since I got my Z10 in early March and, these days, I spend most of my time on this sub-forum. The main OS forum and, definitely, the Z10 forum have become annoying with trolls battling fanboys, people flaming newbies who are asking for advice and just didn't quite express themselves well. I find that it is only here that you see the true spirit of Crackberry.com these days. Sorry rant over
    pili4, johnsoj2us and revtech like this.
    06-15-13 10:36 AM
    That is because you run the newest appworld i had the same with foursquare better use the appworld that comes with the leak

BTW i went back to latest 10.1 leak because bebuzz didnt work anymore and weather same thing, will wait for e newer leak oh and whatsapp will dissapear from the HUB after a reboot so you wont get any notification only if you open the app itself
    I reverted to the 10.1 appworld that Kris provided in the first post and TD loaded fine. Just have to wait several hours to load my yahoo accounts. Small price to pay for the fun I am having.

Oh yeah, I don't have whatsapp, so not an issue for me.
    06-15-13 10:50 AM
    I'm curious to know if those having problems with restore. If their using the newest link for one? Have they tried restarting their computer? Have they tried rebooting their phone just before? Have they tried just doing media data first, then app data, then settings? One by one.

These are just a few suggestions that have helped many.

Btw. I have been running this as a daily driver since kris and I also have had no issues. This is what I have:

Two phones:
    Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.228. As well as Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.93 and on both I have over a 150 apps installed. all restored back. All working. About 20 side loaded droids. My restore files came from 2354 and 2009.

The only thing iv had an issue with is whatsapp integration a couple times. But easy to get back with a wipe and restore.

Battery has been incredible
    Everything running like a top and fast like kris has mentioned before.

I just wanted to finally post to let people know that this can and does work. Just not sure why so many people are having issues tho. Hmmm

Posted from my awesome Z10 via cb10. My Channel pin http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57
    06-15-13 10:57 AM
    Maybe my issue was my BB Link isnt't the latest one; no updates thus far although i checked the box for auto updates. That'll prolly explained why i couldn't do a restore from .4285 too.

The rest i followed Kris' instructions and after wiping my Q, whatsapp wasn't in hub anymore, and the worst was there tonnes of duplicates in my whatsapp contacts. I also realised that during re-population of my contacts, my Q isn't pulling profile pics from FB for my contacts; which is quite the contrary for other 10.1 leaks. The icing on the cake was when i set my notifications to silent, a call came in and my phone was ringing! Same goes when a whatsapp message came in after that. Strange huh?

If i were to delete my current BB Link, will i lose all my data saved there? Or will i be able to retrieve it after i download the latest build?

Thanks!
    06-15-13 11:51 AM
    Any solution for that?
    This worked for me: Delete Whatsapp - reboot and reinstall Whatsapp.
    06-15-13 11:55 AM
    This worked for me: Delete Whatsapp - reboot and reinstall Whatsapp.
    Did you reboot again when you reinstalled WhatsApp?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 11:57 AM
    Did you reboot again when you reinstalled WhatsApp?

Posted via CB10
    No
    06-15-13 11:58 AM
    Do that and see if you still have WhatsApp in the hub

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:00 PM
    Any solution to the restore problem? tried updating the manifest which did not work.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:01 PM
    Do that and see if you still have WhatsApp in the hub

Posted via CB10
    Haahhhaahha, the way you are asking it will be gone. I like it this way
    06-15-13 12:03 PM
    Lol yep it will be gone, be aware of that when you reboot

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:11 PM
    Anyone else have issues with games not playing sounds. None of the game downloaded from Os 10.1 has any sound. Only side loaded games have sound.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    06-15-13 12:49 PM
878 ... 2425262728 ...