06-07-16 01:12 AM
79 1234
tools
    Apparently there are 2 versions of the Q5, one with NFC and one without. Perhaps you have the latter? BlackBerry Q5 ? NFC World+
    06-01-16 06:28 PM
    Apparently there are 2 versions of the Q5, one with NFC and one without. Perhaps you have the latter? BlackBerry Q5 ? NFC World+
    No, I promise you it has NFC and under 10.3.1 it had the Smart Tags app. Under 10.3.3 (beta) it does not, but I still have NFC turned on and it still works for reading existing tags. Without the app though I cannot create new tags.

I guess I will just have to wait till they release the full version of 10.3.3

06-01-16 06:33 PM
    No, I promise you it has NFC and under 10.3.1 it had the Smart Tags app. Under 10.3.3 (beta) it does not, but I still have NFC turned on and it still works for reading existing tags. Without the app though I cannot create new tags.

I guess I will just have to wait till they release the full version of 10.3.3

Yes, I am sure once 10.3.3.xxxx is official it will show up. Somehow I doubt you need it that badly until then
    06-01-16 06:41 PM
    Clock.bar from 10.3.2 can also be sideloaded,But It can not work well, Alarm list can not be saved,The function of alarm is lost.Does anyone can solve it?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by fly_in_wind; 06-01-16 at 08:25 PM.
    06-01-16 06:41 PM
    Yes,it is a good method! Who can give me the *.bar files above? I have update my Q10 to 10.3.3,it work fine !

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 401229
    just grab the all the BAR files or just the whole Carrier update file from OS-10.3.2.2876 via Sachesi for your device and pick the one that is missing in the BETA build, worked quite well for me.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    06-02-16 01:38 AM
    Clock.bar from 10.3.2 can also be sideloaded,But It can not work well, Alarm list can not be saved,The function of alarm is lost.Does anyone can solve it?

Posted via CB10
    seams like you found the BAR files :-)
    well this missing Alarm and Sleep mode are known not to work with any BETA build for years now, but that is only a minor thing, main thing is that it is possible to get the File manager and this common main app's to work so the device can be used up to a certain extend, just a few less used functions are not used as it would do with the released OS, which I'm sure will pop up very soon, so the limitation is only temporary.

06-02-16 01:45 AM
    Please paste all new features you have found
    where you've heard thats gonna be new features??? Blackberry said maintemance OS , bb 10 its done go forward
    06-02-16 03:17 PM
    Updated as far as file / version number goes.

BUT, updated in the sense of added / improved features... NO, that's not there.

Ands that's just my understanding based on BlackBerry comment.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876

This is where you guy lose me. I know people that still use XP on their computers and love it. How is it that no one complains about when the next OS for their computer will be available.
    How come they seem to be happy with what's offered and don't expect updates all the time.
    But if Blackberry doesn't come up with some new twist within a few weeks everyone has a cow.

I have a Passport and have it updated to the latest OS and it runs as good today as the day it was releast to market.
    At some point, it doesn't need anything more except the occasional maintenance updates and upgrades to keep the apps up to date.,

It was only about 20 years ago that a cell phone still had a cord on it and a tiny antenna on the back window and it cost BOTH parties the airtime which was about 98 cents a minute.
    Mobile devices are still in the Baby stage and have a ways to go yet.
    But you guys act like Everything should "just 'work"

If Blackberry doesn't have the IMPROVEMENTS that you want, get a device that DOES have them. It's not rocket science. It's common sense.
    Be happy. ENJOY your toys and stop acting like children!
    It is what it is. Negative attitudes do no one any good. THere's little stress in being happy and just accepting the way it is.

Hey just my opinion but it seems that the majority of the "discussion" crowd's main issue evolves around Games,
    and some distorted ego trip.

I just don't get it! I'm just stupidly happy with the way my passport does what it does.

I won't be completely impressed with this technology until I can download food but in the meantime, I'm gonna make the best of What I've got.
    And I'm extremely happy with what I've got!
    06-02-16 05:15 PM
    I have installed it on my daily driver- Blackberry Z30 and it works pretty fine.
    I took time to find the missing files-71 app bar files. After running the autoloader, I sideloaded the missing files and it has been good so far.
    Only issues I have noticed so far is this(I will update it as I notice it):
    1. Alarm is not working(this is common for dev OS)
    2. FM Radio is not working (also not new to dev OS)
    3. Whatsapp for BB10 won't go past the login screen. This is as a result of Whatsapp not supporting blackberry anymore. I emailed support and they told me this but said it will probably be fixed in official release of 10.3.3 as the dev OS is broken.(solution is using the android version. Works good but no hub integration)
    4. Files on SD card are not displaying properly(no fix yet)
    5. Blackberry Assistant is partially working. No voice prompt option but typing works fine. (this is also peculiar to dev OSes)

Caveat: Install at your own risk. What works for me, may not work for you.
    Last edited by shorski; 06-03-16 at 08:42 AM.
    06-02-16 09:41 PM
    I have installed it on my daily driver- Blackberry Z30 and it works pretty fine.
    I took time to find the missing files-71 app bar files. After running the autoloader, I sideloaded the missing files and it has been good so far.
    Only issues I have noticed so far is this:
    1. Alarm is not working(this is common for dev OS)
    2. FM Radio is not working (also not new to dev OS)
    3. Whatsapp for BB10 won't go past the login screen. This is as a result of Whatsapp not supporting blackberry anymore. I emailed support and they told me this but said it will probably be fixed in official release of 10.3.3 as the dev OS is broken.(solution is using the android version. Works good but no hub integration)
    4. Files on SD card are not displaying properly(no fix yet)

Caveat: Install at your own risk. What works for me, may not work for you.
    Did you restore back up whatsapp ,my friend didn't restore and whatsapp work
    06-02-16 09:43 PM
    Did you restore back up whatsapp ,my friend didn't restore and whatsapp work
    I will give that a try later.

Sorry, it didn't work. Thanks

Z30
    Last edited by shorski; 06-03-16 at 08:44 AM.
    06-02-16 09:57 PM
    This is where you guy lose me. I know people that still use XP on their computers and love it. How is it that no one complains about when the next OS for their computer will be available.
    How come they seem to be happy with what's offered and don't expect updates all the time.
    But if Blackberry doesn't come up with some new twist within a few weeks everyone has a cow.

I have a Passport and have it updated to the latest OS and it runs as good today as the day it was releast to market.
    At some point, it doesn't need anything more except the occasional maintenance updates and upgrades to keep the apps up to date.,

It was only about 20 years ago that a cell phone still had a cord on it and a tiny antenna on the back window and it cost BOTH parties the airtime which was about 98 cents a minute.
    Mobile devices are still in the Baby stage and have a ways to go yet.
    But you guys act like Everything should "just 'work"

If Blackberry doesn't have the IMPROVEMENTS that you want, get a device that DOES have them. It's not rocket science. It's common sense.
    Be happy. ENJOY your toys and stop acting like children!
    It is what it is. Negative attitudes do no one any good. THere's little stress in being happy and just accepting the way it is.

Hey just my opinion but it seems that the majority of the "discussion" crowd's main issue evolves around Games,
    and some distorted ego trip.

I just don't get it! I'm just stupidly happy with the way my passport does what it does.

I won't be completely impressed with this technology until I can download food but in the meantime, I'm gonna make the best of What I've got.
    And I'm extremely happy with what I've got!
    And that's what makes the world so beautiful. We are all unique in our own, "weird and special" kind of way.

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-03-16 02:54 AM
    well but it can be boost up to be used as a daily driver by adding the missing BAR files from OS-10.3.2.2879 to it

start adding this bar files for a start via DBBT or Sachesi:

sys.pictures-10.320.0.20.bar
    sys.perimeterbrowser-11.32.0.166.bar
    sys.pictureeditor-10.329.0.11.bar
    sys.video_editor-10.3.2.143.bar
    sys.videoplayer-10.320.0.17.bar

this brings you the Filemanager and picture stuff to the system!
    use BBW to add "BOX, DROPBOX, BB-Calculator, BB-Clock, BB-Smart Tags, BB-Passport keeper, Adobe Reader" and the system is almost fully functional.

Make sure not to update BBM because that would end up with a downgrade.

Thanks for posting this. When I (eventually) got Sachesi working, this post enabled me to set my picture password and wallpaper again!

And I got my SmartTags back as well, from the 10.3.2.2876 autoloader this way too!
    brookie229 likes this.
    06-03-16 07:40 AM
    3. Whatsapp for BB10 won't go past the login screen. This is as a result of Whatsapp not supporting blackberry anymore. I emailed support and they told me this but said it will probably be fixed in official release of 10.3.3 as the dev OS is broken.
    This is because BlackBerry made some changes in 10.3.3 that broke certain things WhatsApp depends on to function. This was mostly an oversight on their part, and was an unintended side effect of updating some system libraries. This should be fixed in the release version of 10.3.3, but wasn't caught in time for the developer OS that they recently posted.

Also, developer OSes are incomplete and are really not recommended for everyday use.
    moyah8 and elfabio80 like this.
    06-03-16 10:33 AM
    This is because BlackBerry made some changes in 10.3.3 that broke certain things WhatsApp depends on to function. This was mostly an oversight on their part, and was an unintended side effect of updating some system libraries. This should be fixed in the release version of 10.3.3, but wasn't caught in time for the developer OS that they recently posted.

Also, developer OSes are incomplete and are really not recommended for everyday use.
    Exactly what I said in my post based on the following mails with Whatsapp support.
    For all who test 10.3.3-img_20160603_165756_edit.png
    For all who test 10.3.3-img_20160603_165805_edit.png

Z30
    06-03-16 11:02 AM
    So S/MIME comes to replace NNE? Or both are there together?

Posted via CB10
    06-04-16 05:50 AM
    Browsing history now shows date and time.
    06-04-16 09:18 PM
    Browsing history now shows date and time.
    Yeah. Saw that too. Cool
    Last edited by shorski; 06-05-16 at 04:18 PM.
    06-04-16 10:48 PM
    Ok, so here are the 72 missing apps (obtained from the newest files in 10.3.2.2813 and 10.3.2.2876). This will make a fairly complete OS after running the 10.3.3 DEV autoloader.

Please be advised that the following missing features cannot be worked around:

BlackBerry Assistant, BlackBerry Protect, Evernote integration with Remember, clock alarms, bedside mode, and built-in wallpapers.

Load Sachesi, plug in phone, unzip the apps, and "install folder".

https://mega.nz/#!xYAgHTBZ!17juyCJqZ...pf_VXx8tGzsLNk
    Last edited by conite; 06-06-16 at 02:40 PM.
    06-06-16 09:30 AM
    Ok, so here are the 72 missing apps (obtained from the newest files in 10.3.2.2813 and 10.3.2.2876). This will make a fairly complete OS after running the 10.3.3 DEV autoloader.

BlackBerry Protect, Evernote integration with Remember, clock alarms, bedside mode, and built-in wallpapers.

Conite.... one thing no one (in there right mind) can debate is your talent for getting it right.
    I trust your findings without ever giving them a second thought.The only thing that makes me hesitate on this one is that you said "fairly" complete.

Ya couldn't have just said practically or mostly or just about??" Ya had to say fairly????

Buy the way.....Excellent work on your part.
    06-06-16 10:03 AM
    Conite.... one thing no one (in there right mind) can debate is your talent for getting it right.
    I trust your findings without ever giving them a second thought.The only thing that makes me hesitate on this one is that you said "fairly" complete.

Ya couldn't have just said practically or mostly or just about??" Ya had to say fairly????

Buy the way.....Excellent work on your part.
    I chose my words carefully. Lol.

I didn't want to be suggest this was the right course of action for all. This is more meant for those now stuck on this OS, or who like to be on the leading edge.
    StephanieMaks and Lostboy5151 like this.
    06-06-16 10:25 AM

BlackBerry Protect, Evernote integration with Remember, clock alarms, bedside mode, and built-in wallpapers.

You are such a good guy for doing this for all of us. I hope you know we love having you around.
    No homo
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    06-06-16 10:31 AM
    [INFO]OP, if you're referring to this: BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 beta autoloaders now available for developers | CrackBerry.com...

It is NOT a full beta OS for daily use. It is intended for developers only. Loading this will result in missing apps and functionality![/INFO]
    There are developer's left???????
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    06-06-16 10:38 AM
    There are developer's left???????
    Ya and there still looking for BB10 app dev's
    Lostboy5151 and kbz1960 like this.
    06-06-16 10:43 AM
    Ya and there still looking for BB10 app dev's
    For enterprise I guess. There are no new API's for anything.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    06-06-16 12:25 PM
79 1234