04-21-14 11:05 AM
137 ... 456
tools
    I'm having 7.4 and it's working absolutely fine.. I installed it directly from snap.. I had created my GSF id from Nexus 4 with android 4.2.2 and had entered it in snap.. but new version of snap uses gsf id from z10 runtime itself.. so maybe this version of gmaps 7.4 is suitable for z10..just saying idk..coz I haven't logged in my Google account from maps.. you can give it a try if you want..!! Correct me if I'm wrong please..

Posted via Dual OS Z10..!! B-)
    Do you get any choppines, when pinch-zooming on maps? I get a bit of stuttering with 7.3 (still better than HTC One mini), but 6.14.4 has instaneous response and ultrasmooth zooming.
    12-10-13 01:54 PM
    Do you get any choppines, when pinch-zooming on maps? I get a bit of stuttering with 7.3 (still better than HTC One mini), but 6.14.4 has instaneous response and ultrasmooth zooming.
    I gave it a shot man.. and it didn't work.. once I tap my location from bottom right.. you can't scroll maps manually anymore.. you can touch everything.. select route and all but you loose the ability to scroll maps.. don't know what kinda error is this..!!

12-10-13 05:25 PM
    I gave it a shot man.. and it didn't work.. once I tap my location from bottom right.. you can't scroll maps manually anymore.. you can touch everything.. select route and all but you loose the ability to scroll maps.. don't know what kinda error is this..!!

Oh crap. :/

I've heard that Gmaps sometimes doesn't uninstall properly. I would suggest using this app (on BlackBerry world) called Ghost Commander and uninstalling all copies of Google maps. Ghost commander will do a full uninstall. You should then be able to install 6.14.4 (or reinstall 7.4).

Here is a link to Ghost Commander

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977

Here ate some instructions for fully deleting an APK:

----------
    To uninstall and APK (on 10.2.1.1055):-
    Install Ghost Commander from BBWorld. Run it and click on the tab called 'home:' at top right.
    Then click on "Applications" (2nd last entry at bottom, just before Exit)
    Scoll to find the app you want to uninstall. Tap and Hold on that App and select the menu item "Manage". Click Uninstall in the resulting page. Then exit/minimize ghost commander and delete the app icon normally (tap and hold till all icons start vibrating and then click on the delete/trashbin icon badge which appears on the icons).
    If you only delete the icon in normal way, then the app reappears after reboot (and is not actually uninstalled)

If you have installed the app via Snap[/B] (the app which lets you install directly from google play mkt from your phone) then you can go into "My Apps" and delete it from there i think. If you have installed a Bar file with VNBB etc then you can uninstall with VNBB.
    ------------

Here is a link to the manual for Ghost Commander

https://sites.google.com/site/ghostcommander1/info

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    Akshay Borkar and drb32856 like this.
    12-10-13 08:06 PM
    Here is a link to the discussion on uninstalling GMAPS properly

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=860845

If that doesn't work, I'd try to reinstall the. 1055 Android runtime (not the whole OS). Don't have a link to the runtime bars at the moment. Will take a look.

Posted via CB10
    Akshay Borkar likes this.
    12-10-13 08:17 PM
    Oh crap. :/

I've heard that Gmaps sometimes doesn't uninstall properly. I would suggest using this app (on BlackBerry world) called Ghost Commander and uninstalling all copies of Google maps. Ghost commander will do a full uninstall. You should then be able to install 6.14.4 (or reinstall 7.4).

Here is a link to Ghost Commander

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/78977

Here ate some instructions for fully deleting an APK:

----------
    To uninstall and APK (on 10.2.1.1055):-
    Install Ghost Commander from BBWorld. Run it and click on the tab called 'home:' at top right.
    Then click on "Applications" (2nd last entry at bottom, just before Exit)
    Scoll to find the app you want to uninstall. Tap and Hold on that App and select the menu item "Manage". Click Uninstall in the resulting page. Then exit/minimize ghost commander and delete the app icon normally (tap and hold till all icons start vibrating and then click on the delete/trashbin icon badge which appears on the icons).
    If you only delete the icon in normal way, then the app reappears after reboot (and is not actually uninstalled)

If you have installed the app via Snap[/B] (the app which lets you install directly from google play mkt from your phone) then you can go into "My Apps" and delete it from there i think. If you have installed a Bar file with VNBB etc then you can uninstall with VNBB.
    ------------

Here is a link to the manual for Ghost Commander

https://sites.google.com/site/ghostcommander1/info

Hope this helps!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.. I will do it this weekend..!! And would let you know..!!

12-11-13 07:52 AM
    Funny, I'd like to think if myself as a fairly competent individual when it comes to using BB10 for all things besides what the regular consumer will, but had completely forgotten about the concept of launchers lol, they're pretty sweet

Anyways, I've installed 'Apex Launcher' using the Snap app. But whenever I open up an android app while on the regular bb10 screen, it forces me to choose to open that android app through either the Apex launcher OR QNX launcher. Anyone have a fix for this by any chance. Thx in advance
    Advantage Dual OS!-img_20131634.png

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:01 AM
    Funny, I'd like to think if myself as a fairly competent individual when it comes to using BB10 for all things besides what the regular consumer will, but had completely forgotten about the concept of launchers lol, they're pretty sweet

Anyways, I've installed 'Apex Launcher' using the Snap app. But whenever I open up an android app while on the regular bb10 screen, it forces me to choose to open that android app through either the Apex launcher OR QNX launcher. Anyone have a fix for this by any chance. Thx in advance
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131634.png 
Views:	3464 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	229778

Posted via CB10
    Yes this happens to everyone who's having launcher.. coz bb10 uses in built QNX launcher to launch android apps.. when you install secondary launcher.. bb10 gives you options to choose...between the available launchers.. unfortunately only QNX launcher have the ability to run android apps.. so selecting the others is useless as nothing will happen if you do so.. and in the official release I think they will give us an option to select a default launcher... like the android has * just once * and * always * OR they will just come up with their own QNX launcher which would be like these secondary launchers and would also have android screen... then their would be no need to download these secondary launcher... let's just wait for the 1st week of January and see what surprise does the new ceo has for us... few are in line * google play store and services * *QNX launcher with android screen *

12-15-13 11:27 AM
    Thanks Akshay, always wondered about it. Hopefully the official release would solve this issue ASAP :]

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 08:59 PM
    Thanks Akshay, always wondered about it. Hopefully the official release would solve this issue ASAP :]

Posted via CB10
    most welcome.. happy to help fellow BB users..!!
    12-18-13 07:45 AM
    yup...its my very own phone...its cent percent real..!!
    Okay will my Glide app work?? all my friends are on glide and this sh**t is pissing me off.
    04-20-14 07:38 AM
    OP, nice post...Android Launchers are fun to play with....

Trusted Member Genius
    04-20-14 01:14 PM
    I am as Homer Simpson as they get with Android. But I just downloaded and installed Apex Launcher (yeah, for the hell of it), no snap, from Amazon. And when I pick an Android app (while in QNX or in Apex) it doesn't stop to ask which launcher, it just opens it. I'm on .2228
    Akshay Borkar and Utkarsh like this.
    04-21-14 11:05 AM
137 ... 456