05-08-14 11:38 PM
36 12
tools
    If you are connecting zimbra using z-push, make sure that you are using the latest z-push (2.1). We are using zarafa with z-push and we had all sorts of problems like the account freezing in the hub and cpu going to 50% for periods of time with result in short battery life. With the latest z-push, these issues have gone away. We have two z10s and three z30s in our company and all of them are now being synced properly without excessive cpu usage or heavy battery drain. Also, the hub does not freeze anymore. We are using 10.2.0.1803 for four of the phones and I have 10.2.1.1925 on mine.

Great to know. I can think of at least one other user here that had issues with his employer using Zimbra.
    01-23-14 11:22 PM
    I assume that within an organization I.T. staff has much more flexibility and thus can do this easier. The organizations that I've talked-to about that were service providers, ie Exchange hosting companies. Most of them have tons of customers still on older servers, apparently because of what's involved in migrating them to newer generation servers.
    If an Exchange hosting company has problems migrating from one version to another, then they either did not do adequate testing or planning or both. There is no excuse to have a bad migration if that is your bread and butter.

The last migration I did from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 took a little over 1 month for 20,000 users, and it took that long because we were 100% recycling the hardware. There were only very minor issues during the migration because we took a long time planning and testing it.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-24-14 08:41 AM
    If you are connecting zimbra using z-push, make sure that you are using the latest z-push (2.1). We are using zarafa with z-push and we had all sorts of problems like the account freezing in the hub and cpu going to 50% for periods of time with result in short battery life. With the latest z-push, these issues have gone away. We have two z10s and three z30s in our company and all of them are now being synced properly without excessive cpu usage or heavy battery drain. Also, the hub does not freeze anymore. We are using 10.2.0.1803 for four of the phones and I have 10.2.1.1925 on mine.
    Thanks! What is z push?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-24-14 01:06 PM
    Thanks! What is z push?

Z-Push is an open-source implementation of Exchange ActiveSync.

Bear in mind that since it is not sanctioned by Microsoft and Microsoft asks for a license-fee to use its Exchange ActiveSync protocol, the legal status of that product is questionable.
    01-25-14 11:00 AM
    If an Exchange hosting company has problems migrating from one version to another, then they either did not do adequate testing or planning or both. There is no excuse to have a bad migration if that is your bread and butter.

The last migration I did from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2010 took a little over 1 month for 20,000 users, and it took that long because we were 100% recycling the hardware. There were only very minor issues during the migration because we took a long time planning and testing it.

Then I guess 2 of the largest Exchange hosting providers in the world (that both told me that) don't know what they are doing.

And I'm open to the possibility that the above is literally true, I'm just sayin'...
    01-25-14 11:02 AM
    Since yesterday's update we are experiencing the same ActiveSync issues.

Zimbra installations are 7.2.x Network Edition. Devices that have not been updated show as using version 12.0 of the ActiveSync protocol, and have no problem with synchronisation. All devices that have upgraded to 10.2.1.537/10.2.1.1925 now show as using ActiveSync 2.5 and are unable to download message bodies when there is a binary attached to them (picture in signature, PDF documents, etc.)

Installations with Zimbra Open Source edition with Z-Push 2.1 are not affected by the problem.

I am looking for a workaround, if it exists.
    Anybody else having this problem?
    01-29-14 03:23 PM
    Since yesterday's update we are experiencing the same ActiveSync issues. [...]

Installations with Zimbra Open Source edition with Z-Push 2.1 are not affected by the problem.

There are known issues with EAS and OS 10.2.1.1925, and as a result a lot of people who manage email clients were surprised that build ended up being the "global release".

Probably just have to wait for something newer with EAS fixes.

Personally I would never approve people using a system I manage to update to an OS on the first day of availability unless and until I was confident I had tested it extensively first for functional issues.
    01-29-14 04:19 PM
    Since yesterday's update we are experiencing the same ActiveSync issues.

Zimbra installations are 7.2.x Network Edition. Devices that have not been updated show as using version 12.0 of the ActiveSync protocol, and have no problem with synchronisation. All devices that have upgraded to 10.2.1.537/10.2.1.1925 now show as using ActiveSync 2.5 and are unable to download message bodies when there is a binary attached to them (picture in signature, PDF documents, etc.)

Workaround was sync emails using imap - push and contacts tasks and calendars using activesync. Works flawlessly. Drawback: two accounts in the hub one being empty but works. I have reached BlackBerry help twitter handle on this but as an individual dont have much much weight.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 01:51 AM
    There are known issues with EAS and OS 10.2.1.1925, and as a result a lot of people who manage email clients were surprised that build ended up being the "global release".

Probably just have to wait for something newer with EAS fixes.

Personally I would never approve people using a system I manage to update to an OS on the first day of availability unless and until I was confident I had tested it extensively first for functional issues.
    I wish we could prevent users from updating their own devices, but unfortunately it is not the way it works for us. Believe me, we would have tested the OS before deploying.

I have opened a ticket with Zimbra, as a fix is most likely to come from them before BlackBerry releases anything officially. We'll see how it goes.
    01-30-14 10:31 AM
    I wish we could prevent users from updating their own devices, but unfortunately it is not the way it works for us. Believe me, we would have tested the OS before deploying.

I have opened a ticket with Zimbra, as a fix is most likely to come from them before BlackBerry releases anything officially. We'll see how it goes.
    Thanks please let us know

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 11:05 AM
    Has anyone had a problem with their Z10 and Zimbra, where it minimizes the incoming email? It doesn't seem to be a problem sending new emails, just receiving emails and fwd's emails are reduced in length and are only a couple of lines long and then [...] and that's it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    05-08-14 11:38 PM
36 12