Hi everybody.
    I have the Classic running the latest official AT&T software release *.556.
    I have to type in 3 different languages constantly.
    One of the problems I am facing is that I cannot change language when in an Android app. I am using the ALT/ENTER shortcut to do so and it has no effect.
    Currently when I want to type in English in a text field within an Android app and the keyboard is set to a different language, I have to minimize/exit the android app, open an email, click "reply" change the language, cancel the reply, close the HUB, open the Android app again and do the typing.
    So my question to those that type in more than one language using the latest leak:
    Is there any other way to change language other than the above shortcut that will work in an android app?
    Are you able to change language within android apps using the latest leak?

Other than that I am happy with *.556 and I dont feel like autoloading unless this "problem" is fixed.

Thank you all in advance.
    07-27-15 11:36 AM
    I have my Z30 (on 2339) set as follows:
    Both Region and Language default to PT_BR.
    Input Languages: Portugus (Brazil), English (US).
    Always show language/layout switch: Off

I have never had problems typing in either language on any app. The OS picks up what language I am using as soon as I got the first word out.
    07-27-15 12:03 PM
    Thanks for your reply.
    It picks up the correct language even in password fields?

On my Z10 it is not a problem since I can change language from the software keyboard.

I type in Greek, German and English. German-English the keyboard picks it up fine most of the time, but never had luck between English and Greek which should have been much easier due to different characters.
    07-27-15 12:32 PM
    I don't know, I think it just ignores those completely and you can type whatever the heck you want without the sortware trying to fix it.

I'll try to check.

EDIT: Well, as you can see, the OS could tell "test" and suggest both English "testing" and portuguese "testando". It could be your OS... Or it could be something the Classic has a bit of trouble doing.

about language change in *.2339-img_20150727_134226.png

I suggest you update and see what happens. With a little luck, that should solve the issue. with a little less luck, a wipe could get rid of whatever problem (but then you'd have to download/install all apps and set everything up manually to make sure you don't bring the bug back).
    07-27-15 12:41 PM