04-26-14 02:23 PM
52 123
tools
    Sorry you got hit with a bad link moody in the future just use 7zip.org the proper application is free of any malware.

For more learning and less questions check out the site. BerryLeaks
    moody likes this.
    08-19-13 03:48 PM
    If you get 7-Zip You WILL get much malware and viruses (198 to be exact). I am not sure which site I went to but I can tell you the file name is 7-Zip.exe
    No, you absolutely will not. I just showed you every single screen of the setup process - no malware at all.

If you download from anywhere other than the official project site or their mirrors, then you will probably get malware. I can take any trojan or spyware of my choosing and name it 7-zip.exe. In fact, I can tell you that the official setup file is NOT named 7-zip.exe, it is currently "7z920-x64.msi" (for the x64 version), available from 7-zip.org.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-19-13 09:23 PM
    Lol.. I'm a Mac user, this all seems very complicated for Windows users. /trollolol
    nah.uhh likes this.
    08-19-13 09:28 PM
    Lol.. I'm a Mac user, this all seems very complicated for Windows users. /trollolol
    Yeah but...I can...

Right click? You can too? Oh..

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-19-13 09:30 PM
    No, you absolutely will not. I just showed you every single screen of the setup process - no malware at all.

If you download from anywhere other than the official project site or their mirrors, then you will probably get malware. I can take any trojan or spyware of my choosing and name it 7-zip.exe. In fact, I can tell you that the official setup file is NOT named 7-zip.exe, it is currently "7z920-x64.msi" (for the x64 version), available from 7-zip.org.

You pretty much wrote the response I started formulating in my head as soon as I saw the one you followed-up to.

BTW: if someone posted a link that pointed to a malware-infested site, I hope the mods will edit that post and remove that link.

Also FYI: there are various free tools you can get to check a link before clicking on it. I have one installed in Opera (By Dr.Web) that checks a page by right-clicking on its URL and selecting a menu option.
    moody likes this.
    08-20-13 08:48 AM
    Yeah but...I can...

Right click? You can too? Oh..

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    Don't be so daft, of course you can right click. You stuck in the 90's?
    7zip tools for extracting leak files-rl1hsfo.png
    08-20-13 08:52 AM
    Don't be so daft, of course you can right click. You stuck in the 90's?

OK, now show me your "backspace" key.
    08-20-13 09:01 AM
    I'm interested in learning more about the various free tools you can get to check a link before clicking on it.

Posted via CB10 | STL 100-3 | OS .1323 | by a Crackberry squircle addict
    08-21-13 02:21 PM
    I'm interested in learning more about the various free tools you can get to check a link before clicking on it.

Most AV vendors nowadays include browser plugins that rate each link in ie a google search. Free alternatives to that include WOT/Web of Trust.

Dr.Web browser add-ons:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ijcmbonb?hl=en
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/fir...-link-checker/
    http://addons.opera.com/extensions/d...ink-checker-2/

There are tons of other things, just don't have time to go look up links right now.;
    in_loco_nomen likes this.
    08-21-13 02:53 PM
    Thought I would look into this subject of safe link checkers when I get to my PC later then thought I couldn't safely click on a link to a safe link checker plug-in download if I don't have a safe plug-in checker now installed.

Very confusing predicament I find myself in.

To click or not to click.

moody likes this.
    08-21-13 03:04 PM
    Thought I would look into this subject of safe link checkers when I get to my PC later then thought I couldn't safely click on a link to a safe link checker plug-in download if I don't have a safe plug-in link checker now installed.

08-21-13 03:05 PM
    User error

moody likes this.
    08-21-13 03:07 PM
    Are we thinking Opera browser is the least likely to be a targeted by hackers? I am very behind in what's what on the broser front. In fact I only just uninstalled Netscape Navigator.
    08-21-13 03:42 PM
    I have 7zip version 9.22 not 9.20...same?

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 05:37 PM
    I have 7zip version 9.22 not 9.20...same?

Posted via CB10
    That's a beta version, 9.20 is the latest stable version. The official file should be named "7z922.msi", and add "-x64" for the 64-bit version. As long as you download from 7-zip.org or sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/, the files should be legitimate.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-21-13 05:41 PM
    So are you saying...It takes a safe checker app to safely check a safe checker app to check that particular check to check that app? Or not? Seems clear as mud.
    Thought I would look into this subject of safe link checkers when I get to my PC later then thought I couldn't safely click on a link to a safe link checker plug-in download if I don't have a safe plug-in checker now installed.

moody likes this.
    08-21-13 05:45 PM
    Thanks for that! Explaind a weird window that pops up when I start 7zip...works ok to load os, or might it cause bugs in my Z10?
    That's a beta version, 9.20 is the latest stable version. The official file should be named "7z922.msi", and add "-x64" for the 64-bit version. As long as you download from 7-zip.org or sourceforge.net/projects/sevenzip/, the files should be legitimate.
    Edit: Now running 9.20
    Posted via CB10 on Q10
    08-21-13 05:47 PM
    So are you saying...It takes a safe checker app to safely check a safe checker app to check that particular check to check that app? Or not? Seems clear as mud.
    Correct exactly are you.

Glad you guys speak my language, not to many folks can as In_Loco is one of the ancient world languages.

moody likes this.
    08-21-13 06:14 PM
    Thanks by the way, many new-to-autoloaders like I was, really appreciate your posting this. It will help out a lot to those adventurous ones looking to install a leak for the first time.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 06:35 PM
    So if one day I tripped and fell, would you hear it in the forest? Lol...

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    08-21-13 06:37 PM
    So if one day I tripped and fell, would you hear it in the forest? Lol...

Posted via CB10
    I guess it depends on if you strike the ground.

The question I'm deliberating over is "If Helen Keller fell over in a forest would there be any noise?".

08-21-13 07:29 PM

Ah yes, the Loco I know and love back at it again. Had to find you creeping over here though. LOL

P.S. I like your new sig

Posted using my white Q10 via the very addicting CB10 app
    08-21-13 10:26 PM
    I guess it depends on if you strike the ground.

The question I'm deliberating over is "If Helen Keller fell over in a forest would there be any noise?".

:gasp: that's just mean Loco *o*

08-21-13 10:30 PM
    :gasp: that's just mean Loco *o*

The little voice in the back of my head did say don't post it. Lol

My apologies.

It the tree falling and sound question really just a philosophical question or a subjective idealism and a metaphysical theory question?

I'm so confused.

08-22-13 05:23 AM
    The little voice in the back of my head did say don't post it. Lol

Most people should ignore the voices in their heads, but you're def not like most people so maybe you should listen.

08-22-13 06:39 AM
52 123