I just installed 10.3.2.2789 yesterday and it seems to be awesome. However, I'm on the fence about the radio performance of 2790. When I was on 10.3.2.2639, I downgraded to the 859 radio due to numerous performance issues (bad connectivity and battery drain).

With the 2790 radio, battery performance seems fine. In fact, the I'm never seen idle system usage (CPU) so low. It's below 6% which is better than I ever had with a previous OS. However, when I leave the house, the signal has dropped to 4glte (voice only, not data). It seems to get stuck there and only comes back if I turn the radio on and off.

So is anyone having these issues with the newer radios on the Z10 STL100-4?

I'm thinking of rolling back to the older radio again.

Thanks!
    10-02-15 02:23 AM
    I just installed this on a test STL100-4, haven't had much chance to use it yet.

However after I installed I noticed someone had gotten a STL100-4 radio link (Sachesi didn't provide one when I searched for this build), so my next task is to switch to that radio before I do any definitive testing. I'll post back here once I've done a bit of that. So question #1 is, which radio did you install?

I've been having trouble with the device periodically losing data link on the VZW official build, as well as some other lag bugs and so on, I hope this fixes it. If so, I'll load it on my daily driver.
    10-02-15 07:13 AM
    All the 10.3.2 builds radio's are bad. I have gone back to 859.
    10-02-15 07:39 AM
    I've noticed this periodically when I still had my Z10 and to some extent on my Z30. Best way I have found is to pop out the SIM with the phone on (with the Z10 let it boot back up) and let it fail to connect to VZW. Then with the phone still on (I know, Z10... just turn it back on after) insert SIM into phone. Let it connect and go into Settings > About > Network and hit the 3 dots to bring up the overflow menu, hit re-sync configuration and hit register blackberry services.

It doesn't always work but for me it has made a big difference no matter what OS/Radio. I think that over time the SIM just needs time to flush it's cache or something like that. Not 100% but worth a try, right?
    10-02-15 11:31 AM
    I've noticed this periodically when I still had my Z10 and to some extent on my Z30. Best way I have found is to pop out the SIM with the phone on (with the Z10 let it boot back up) and let it fail to connect to VZW. Then with the phone still on (I know, Z10... just turn it back on after) insert SIM into phone. Let it connect and go into Settings > About > Network and hit the 3 dots to bring up the overflow menu, hit re-sync configuration and hit register blackberry services.

It doesn't always work but for me it has made a big difference no matter what OS/Radio. I think that over time the SIM just needs time to flush it's cache or something like that. Not 100% but worth a try, right?
    I think it's absolutely worth a shot. I mean, you're Commander Keen!

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 01:25 PM
    I'm currently still running the 2790 radio. But I may switch back to the official 859 radio. I'm waiting to hear back from more users to see if they feel that the 2XXX series of radios are an issue on Verizon. Also, just for the record, these are the Verizon specific versions for the Z10.
    10-02-15 03:18 PM
    interesting thread! Can it be that the lag of the telephone app also derives from a bad radio file?

(It is better now with 10.3.2 compared to 10.3.1 but over time it seems to get laggy again. But I will try that trick with the SIM card also.)

Posted via CB10
    10-02-15 06:15 PM
    interesting thread! Can it be that the lag of the telephone app also derives from a bad radio file?

(It is better now with 10.3.2 compared to 10.3.1 but over time it seems to get laggy again. But I will try that trick with the SIM card also.)
    From what I've been reading the last day or so seems like it may be a general lag issue that the phone app suffers particularly badly from. Even this CB app is lagging while I'm typing right now..
    Rustybronco likes this.
    10-02-15 10:57 PM
    I had the same problem with AT&T Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2639. Many, many times data stops, voice is there. Sometimes I even have to re-boot the phone as turning radios off/on wouldn't do it.

It usually happens if I am on Wifi for long time or if I am in a bad service area for long time.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 07:33 AM
    I think it's absolutely worth a shot. I mean, you're Commander Keen!

Posted via CB10
    Haha, thanks.
    10-03-15 01:11 PM
    I had the same problem with AT&T Q10SQN100-5/10.3.2.2639. Many, many times data stops, voice is there. Sometimes I even have to re-boot the phone as turning radios off/on wouldn't do it.

It usually happens if I am on Wifi for long time or if I am in a bad service area for long time.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that it usually only happens if I'm in a bad service area for awhile. It doesn't want to go back to providing data services. But, turning mobile service on and off in the drop down menu fixes it every time.

I also noticed that data services sometimes fail using Android apps. Toggling the mobile service fixes that problem every time as well. This particular issue occurs with every version of the radio in 10.3.2 and 10.3.1 that I've tried.

The good news is that I didn't notice any issues yesterday with the 2790 radio. May try to keep it for awhile.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-15 02:41 PM
    I read somewhere that the PP silver had improved antenna. For me on the original one, this update made enormous improvement in radio. Maybe Your improved antenna work fine with the previous release.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-15 02:44 PM
    After a few days of testing the radio seems to be pretty stable. I had the issue at the top of the thread happen only once. Since then, it's been fine and the signal seems to be as good as it was on the. 8xx series radios.

Also, the battery life has improved on my Z10 as well. In device monitor it's obvious that the total CPU time at idle is lower than its ever been. A very nice update indeed!

I'll report back as I continue to monitor the radio situation.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 03:50 AM
    After a few days of testing the radio seems to be pretty stable. I had the issue at the top of the thread happen only once. Since then, it's been fine and the signal seems to be as good as it was on the. 8xx series radios.

Also, the battery life has improved on my Z10 as well. In device monitor it's obvious that the total CPU time at idle is lower than its ever been. A very nice update indeed!

I'll report back as I continue to monitor the radio situation.

Posted via CB10
    Even once, it means the bug is still there.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 07:53 AM
    I'm having the same issues with the radio and it's annoying. Do you guys have a link to the 859 radio?

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 11:07 AM
    I'm having the same issues with the radio and it's annoying. Do you guys have a link to the 859 radio?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rchive-943672/

He has radios archived also.
    caltrmptguy86 likes this.
    10-05-15 02:27 PM
    Awesome. Thank you.
    10-06-15 12:40 AM