12-10-15 08:42 PM
74 123
tools
    I have installed this on my phone just a while back... phone is running hot... can't complain since its only been 20 mins..

Will post an update tomorrow on how its doing!

Posted via my  z30/10.3.2.2639 
    10-17-15 01:23 AM
    It s an excellent release, my z30 s flying) :

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2789
    kbalaz and Kaacz like this.
    10-17-15 02:39 AM
    Anyone have this strange issue:

I have had 2789 installed for several days now, added all the Google stuff from Cobalt232 and it works (for the most part), installed a bunch of Google Play Market items including several that I've purchased in the past and had no issues at all. Not a half hour ago I restarted the device (don't ask) - a typical nothing special hold-power-choose-restart and that was that.

Unfortunately, upon the restart it appears to have totally wiped everything I had installed previously over the past few days - everything on the microSD card is still there as expected thankfully (had quite a few pics I've taken the past few days) but, it's like a brand new flash of 2789 had just occurred. I decided to test that so I made a few changes (brightness, Wi-Fi, etc) and then restarted it again and voila, it wiped again.

I'm not certain this is or could be a 2789 issue or my Z10 could just be borked so badly it'll do this after every restart (not something I typically do, I was just testing something).

Also, upon the first boot each time I can connect to a 5 GHz access point I have but after that if it disconnects it's like that specific AP just disappears forever. I can't even add it manually as a 5 GHz AP (I do that because I live in an apartment building that is really flooded in the 2.4 MHz range so I use that for that reason. However, while the AP does appear when I first go looking for it, on subsequent reconnects it's like it doesn't even exist anymore even when I'm a few feet from the router. In fact, at times ALL the 5 GHz APs are not visible for some reason.

Just curious if anyone else is having such issues and not just me.
    Does the "losing your internal data" issue happen every boot? If so, there's a fix for it. Check out this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-bb10-1024085/

It'll lead you to another thread but the trail should be a worthwhile read for your issue.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded 1.2582 Sachesi to 10.3.1.2744 to 2.680 to 798 to 2204 to 2339 to 2639 to 2789
    tmf06 likes this.
    10-17-15 06:53 AM
    Thanks for that info, that did resolve the issue I was having with the device resetting/losing data with each restart - of course, I had no idea it would cause a wipe yet once again in the process so, here I go starting over for the 4th time.
    10-17-15 03:29 PM
    I have also no complaints about this particular build on my Passport. Battery life seems to be unmatched compared to any other OS version I ever had before and very good.
    10-22-15 03:04 PM
    Earlier today loaded 2789 Core and Radio via Sachesi. No issues yet.

If you only loaded Core/Radio and did not install the proper group of apps that go with .2789, you did not properly update, you have a "Frankensteined" OS.
    lift likes this.
    10-22-15 06:19 PM
    I was on the fence about 2789, but i loaded this last night and it's awesome. battery life is fantastic, web pages loads lightning fast, even on 4g, which i do get minimal lte service in my condo. WiFi calling works. z50, you are certainly on the money about this.

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    10-23-15 08:57 AM
    Glad I was able to help. Enjoy.
    10-23-15 11:13 AM
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else notice .2789 not acknowledging when an app has permission to use the microphone, like BBVE and Soundhound?
    10-24-15 04:53 PM
    It's been running well on my Passport SE.

Posted via CB10 on Passport SQW100-4/10.3.2.2789
    10-24-15 06:39 PM
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else notice .2789 not acknowledging when an app has permission to use the microphone, like BBVE and Soundhound?
    soundhound working fine for me on this build. Z30.
    10-25-15 08:59 PM
    soundhound working fine for me on this build. Z30.
    weird. rebooting...

AAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDD It's fixed.
    Kaacz likes this.
    10-25-15 09:24 PM
    Hey guys I notice something very weird not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. My volume turns itself up to the max and when I try to lower the volume sometimes it starts taking pictures, when I press down on the volume button. I know I sound crazy but it's like a ghost in the phone. This has been happening after updating to os 2789. Please help!!
    Ps I did a fresh install twice already.
    Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 07:20 PM
    Hey guys I notice something very weird not sure if anyone else is experiencing this. My volume turns itself up to the max and when I try to lower the volume sometimes it starts taking pictures, when I press down on the volume button. I know I sound crazy but it's like a ghost in the phone. This has been happening after updating to os 2789. Please help!!
    Ps I did a fresh install twice already.
    Posted via CB10
    Is your volume up button sticking?
    11-08-15 09:25 PM
    Is your volume up button sticking?
    No its not, when I press it, makes making the normal clicking sound like the other two buttons.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-15 10:04 PM
    No its not, when I press it, makes making the normal clicking sound like the other two buttons.

Posted via CB10
    That means nothing if it's shorting internally.
    11-08-15 11:24 PM
    That means nothing if it's shorting internally.

Not necessarily a physical issue. A lot of 10.3.2 builds are extremely laggy I have found, and one of the common ways that seems to manifest is that pressing the volume button is often also very laggy. (What that often means is that the OS is busy doing something other than paying attention to keyboard/button interrupts, which in some cases can result in "mis-recognized commands". I have this problem with Microsoft Windows sometimes, in some apps, where a mouse button press acts as though it is physically "stuck down" - but only in certain apps which have keyboard-code flaws.)

2789 helped at first for me, but over a period of days after boot I have found it tends to get laggy again, if not quite as bad as 558 was for me.
    11-11-15 10:46 PM
    2789 is running beautifully on my Passport and my wife's Passport. I could use this OS for a long time. (and probably will have to-lol)
    Really come on man. We know more OS are on the way and you wont have to. If you did it wouldnt be funny. This made me sad!
    11-21-15 10:48 AM
    Wanted to provide an update--

Things had been runnin great since i did a full re-autoload.. then started to go downhill, i`ll elaborate

i installed a new Alpine car radio 4days ago with bluetooth, i paired my phone with it. Ever since, my phone has been very sluggish, when buttons on the touchscreen were pushed they took 5-10secs to respond, which usually ended up with multiple things happening (think browser back button)

Wasnt a huge deal, as it only did it sometimes. Then last night, my home screen with the icons defaulted to original, like i had just reloaded, and my wallpaper went back to the original blue. my lock screen was still the old wallpaper tho. didnt reboot/etc, just unlocked my fone and there it was

In particular was the Remember app, which I use a lot to make parts lists and things for upcoming jobs. I tried Evernote, but the damn thing wont work, or is slow as nuts when i have poor data coverage, which was a dealbreaker for me. I only had about 10 notes stored in Remember, and it was particularlly sluggish, sometimes taking 10-20secs to open an existing note

Note- I have almost no apps loaded on my device, no android apps that i know of, and I havent added any apps or anything other than paired the bluetooth radio recently. May have dropped my phone once or twice but nothings broken and it wasnt a hard enuf drop to reset my fone.

so... i`m prepping to reload 2789 again... was thinking of downgrading to .789 (or whatever VZs official release was), but I`m hoping 2789 will be good for a while again, at least until vz is allowed to release the priv, and this q10 is goneee..

sigh.. software sucks

-j
    Last edited by tp0d; 11-29-15 at 01:19 PM.
    11-29-15 11:45 AM
    I had a very similar experience with 2789 - it was good at first and progressively got worse the longer I had it. It was at the point where apps (native and android) were laggy and would crashing left alone too long. I never reloaded with an autoloader, but did attempt to refresh with the blitz again but no improvement. It made my phone frustrating and definitely hurt my usage.

However, I did a blitz to 2813 last night and the phone has been butter smooth since then. I'll share if it eventually goes downhill, but so far, all hints of the previous behavior are completely gone.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 03:51 PM
    I running 2789 for months now and no issues at all, works fine and stable , to stable and no suprises, only messages, alarm clock every mornings and stupid phone calls from my clients.

O I using a Passport , Not that Passport from AT&T , No not the original but the Passport SE.
    12-02-15 03:55 PM
    Move to 2813. Major improvement.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-15 06:21 PM
    The improvement coming from the blitz to 2813 was short-lived - within a day, it was back to laggy behavior and cpu that rarely dipped below 25%.

However, I finally bit the bullet and did an autoloader to 2813 and it's been great for 2 days now - the improvement was immediate. The battery life was averaging about 12-14 hours on my jacked installation, where it's now averaging a solid 20 hours again. Woohoo!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-15 11:33 PM
    Excellent! Sometimes, ya just gotta bite the bullet.

I've been Blitzing since Blitzing was invented, and fortunate to still be on a bullet-free diet.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    12-10-15 08:42 PM
74 123