09-16-15 05:07 AM
90 1234
tools
    The fact that it was mentioned as a fix for this build means they are aware of it as a software problem.

Posted via CB10
    I could have sworn I read it was mentioned in the official 2339 as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 10:41 PM
    I switched to my Q10 after upgrading. So far I haven't had any double typing issues. I'll feel more confident as time goes on.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 11:04 PM
    Great! No DT so far...been 3 dyas since installing new OS

Posted via CB10
    09-02-15 07:19 PM
    Anyone has been updated to 2639 and still been fine without DT? Does it come back?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 10:50 PM
    Anyone has been updated to 2639 and still been fine without DT? Does it come back?

Posted via CB10
    I've been on it since Aug 27th with zero double typing issues.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-08-15 12:25 AM
    Glad to hear they finally got it right!
    So where are the 'it's a hardware problem' guys now?

Posted via CB10
    It is a hardware problem. The software updates help because they write in algorithms to detect if a letter was double typed by the keyboard or by the user. Likely if the time between inputs is too fast, it'll be ignored.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-08-15 01:10 AM
    The fact that it was mentioned as a fix for this build means they are aware of it as a software problem.

Posted via CB10
    They've said that since before the Passport was released...

09-08-15 01:10 AM
    Obviously there are 2 factors that cause the double typing issue. Hardware and software. If some of the keys are causing excess bounce and the software is not designed properly to reject that bounce then double typing happens. That's why it doesn't happen to everyone, it takes both issues for it to occur.
    Now that the software looks to be properly optimized to reject excess bounce, the problem is fixed for people who have good or marginally bad keyboards. If the keyboard degrades past the point of the software rejecting excess bounce, the problem will come back. Then, it will only be fixed by replacing the faulty hardware.
    Thank goodness there are people who actually understand this...

lift and Sakura1210 like this.
    09-08-15 01:13 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's kind of funny, would it affect you emotionally if it was proven to be a hardware problem? Why are you so blindly clinging to the software problem side? The facts are in, the problem is caused by the hardware, but compensated for by the software. If it was a software issue everyone with the same OS will have the same double typing of the same letters. The fact that not everyone has it and not everyone who does have it have it with the same letters prove it's a hardware issue. And the fact that's I've personally changed the keyboards on several devices without touching the software and "magically" the double typing disappears also prove it's the hardware.

I'm as happy as anyone else that they are optimizing the OS to alleviate the double typing issue, but seriously, stop trying to defend an incorrect argument for the sake of it... Just accept that you've gotten it wrong until now. Learn from your mistakes or you'll just keep making them again in the future... I'm never ashamed to realize I've been wrong if I learn something new. It happens to all of us.

09-08-15 01:21 AM
    It is hardware related.

Posted via Classic
    Yes. But software can correct it for some folks it appears.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    09-08-15 02:08 AM
    It's kind of funny, would it affect you emotionally if it was proven to be a hardware problem? Why are you so blindly clinging to the software problem side? The facts are in, the problem is caused by the hardware, but compensated for by the software. If it was a software issue everyone with the same OS will have the same double typing of the same letters. The fact that not everyone has it and not everyone who does have it have it with the same letters prove it's a hardware issue. And the fact that's I've personally changed the keyboards on several devices without touching the software and "magically" the double typing disappears also prove it's the hardware.

I'm as happy as anyone else that they are optimizing the OS to alleviate the double typing issue, but seriously, stop trying to defend an incorrect argument for the sake of it... Just accept that you've gotten it wrong until now. Learn from your mistakes or you'll just keep making them again in the future... I'm never ashamed to realize I've been wrong if I learn something new. It happens to all of us.

My apologies

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 02:40 AM
    For me this DT-issue has also gone away since using the latest leak! That is great.

Haven't imagined, that this could be also caused by the Software. That means, that Blackberry was until now not able to strictly solve this issue...

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 06:02 AM
    My apologies

Posted via CB10
    Love this response.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 06:38 AM
    It's kind of funny, would it affect you emotionally...
    Just in case you're not aware, your response comes across as very 'emotional'. Why the need to respond on this issue?
    Relax and just be happy they've seemed to got the right balance between the software and hardware correct with this soon to be released OS update.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 06:53 AM
    I doubt you can find physical key board with out degradation sign in some time,depends on user,way you press the bottoms and so on,I just wish BB could made this change or algorithm two years ego to save some emotional stress and money to ppl who already changed the key board.I know some of them faced the same DT with new keyboard in some time and 10.3.2.2639 could be veryyyyy handy then to make them happy.
    09-08-15 07:16 AM
    Finally some positive news for BB users! I've been on and off about this DT problem! It literally put me off of getting the Classic!
    Last edited by Sakura1210; 09-09-15 at 03:01 AM.
    09-08-15 08:41 AM
    With this version no problem with double type on q10 snq 101
    09-08-15 09:34 AM
    Just in case you're not aware, your response comes across as very 'emotional'. Why the need to respond on this issue?
    Relax and just be happy they've seemed to got the right balance between the software and hardware correct with this soon to be released OS update.

Posted via CB10
    Love this response

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    Um, if you say so. Me personally, if I am proven wrong, that means I've learned something new. But I keep seeing people who continue to defend an argument no matter what. I merely pointed that out because I find it odd to cling to the argument for arguments sake. I'm a very happy person, so happy that I look at the bright side of everything, including being proven wrong. If you want to see that as me being emotional because you disagree with me, then go right ahead, lol.

FCSC likes this.
    09-08-15 10:33 AM
    My apologies

Posted via CB10
    No one is asking for you to apologize, the only person you would be harming by clinging onto the argument is yourself. Just saying, I treat any argument I lose as a learning opportunity, so it's all good. :-)

09-08-15 10:35 AM
    Love this response

Posted via CB10
    Oh, and the circle jerk begins. Everyone with the same opinions stick together! Disregard the facts! Lol

09-08-15 10:36 AM
    It's BlackBerry's problem.

LOL

Posted via Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.876
    09-08-15 10:51 AM
    Me personally, if I am proven wrong, that means I've learned something new
    slagman5, It's hard to say that it is a hardware problem or a software problem. As I said earlier I believe it is both. Every physical keyboard (computer, phone, etc.) has keys that bounce. Even brand new ones. The firmware or software is supposed to reject any repeated keypress for a certain very short amount of time (that time will vary according to the keyboard type). So if a software update "fixes" some double typing issues, then that means that the software obviously was not properly tested and optimized for possible really bouncy marginally bad keys. So to say that it is a hardware only problem is not totally correct. All keys wear over time and can give more repeated output than a healthier keyboard. Software should always be written to take this into consideration.
    Now, any physical device does wear and go bad. So eventually a keyboard will have some letters that are truly bad (beyond a spec that the software is written for). Now it is only a hardware problem because at this point only a replacement will fix the problem.
    BlackBerry never truly optimized the software until now. There were MANY keyboards that probably had a lot of life left in them that were replaced unnecessarily due to their poorly written software in the past.
    09-08-15 11:18 AM
    Um, if you say so. Me personally, if I am proven wrong, that means I've learned something new. But I keep seeing people who continue to defend an argument no matter what. I merely pointed that out because I find it odd to cling to the argument for arguments sake. I'm a very happy person, so happy that I look at the bright side of everything, including being proven wrong. If you want to see that as me being emotional because you disagree with me, then go right ahead, lol.
    It only comes across that way because you seem to have this 'need' to correct everyone's opinion on this if it doesn't agree with yours. There's just no need to. Even if they're going on and on they're entitled to their opinion as you are. If you find it odd, you should equally find it odd your 'need' to have to respond to each one you see.
    Sure, it's always fun to come up with theories and I do have mine and it can be influenced at anytime if facts present itself. Until then, I'll have my opinion, but I won't feel compelled to convince anyone that it's more right than theirs.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 12:03 PM
    Oh, and the circle jerk begins. Everyone with the same opinions stick together! Disregard the facts! Lol

I was joking man! All is fine.
    Everybody can have a opinion, that's why we have forums.

But i still believe it's a hardware vs software combo.

Posted via CB10
    09-08-15 01:02 PM
90 1234