....where can I find a bar for a slightly older version?

Been encountering two issues with my music player on my Z10 while on 1925:

First, after any device boot, it takes a long time, at least 10-15 minutes, for the music player to scan all my media and play any music. True, I have over 50 gb of music on my SD card, but I never encountered such delays with older versions. Moreover, other music players (e.g. Neutron) load and play relatively quickly.

Second, occasionally the music player just crashes, showing a popup saying "The media library cannot be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists." And the problem persists for 5-10 minutes, while other players load and play as usual. And of course if just boot the device, then the media player will take 10-15 minutes to scan and play.

Anyone have suggestions? Or can anyone point me to a bar for a slightly older version to load, please?

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 03:42 PM
    The new OS and SD cards can have a bit of a hard time. I suggest you back up your stuff from the SD, have your phone format the SD annd move your files back in (you may have to get a fresh copy of your songs and lists - when I moved the mp3s that were in the SD back, none showed album covers).

This also fixes issues with android apps that can't save to the SD.

As for the long time it takes to index the files - DUDE! It's 50GB! Of course it is gonna take a while! lol
    02-03-14 06:38 PM
    Yeah, I'm experiencing a 6 to 8 second lag when I use the volume rocker the skip songs.... it's very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 07:16 PM
    I've had these issues minus it taking 6-8 seconds to skip songs using rocker keys. More like 3 full seconds, Wish it was like 1.5-2 seconds.

See my post here regarding audio issues: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post9945816
    diegonei likes this.
    02-03-14 08:15 PM
    The new OS and SD cards can have a bit of a hard time. I suggest you back up your stuff from the SD, have your phone format the SD annd move your files back in (you may have to get a fresh copy of your songs and lists - when I moved the mp3s that were in the SD back, none showed album covers).

This also fixes issues with android apps that can't save to the SD.

As for the long time it takes to index the files - DUDE! It's 50GB! Of course it is gonna take a while! lol
    Thanks diegonei. I wouldn't say the card is the issue. I never had these crash or LONG SCAN TIME issues on older 10.1 OS, and have had no issues of android apps saving to the sd card (although many android media players *can* read and show songs on my sd card *but* cannot play them -- which I think is an android issue, unless I am mistaken)...
    02-03-14 10:20 PM
    I've had these issues minus it taking 6-8 seconds to skip songs using rocker keys. More like 3 full seconds, Wish it was like 1.5-2 seconds.

See my post here regarding audio issues: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...3/#post9945816
    Oh, and yeah -- also experiencing 3-7 second delay in skipping songs in using rocker keys.
    Last edited by nathan62969; 02-03-14 at 11:28 PM.
    02-03-14 10:21 PM
    Why are you using the stock music player if you purchased neutron? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 10:31 PM
    Thanks diegonei. I wouldn't say the card is the issue. I never had these crash or LONG SCAN TIME issues on older 10.1 OS, and have had no issues of android apps saving to the sd card (although many android media players *can* read and show songs on my sd card *but* cannot play them -- which I think is an android issue, unless I am mistaken)...
    You see, when BlackBerry told me the solution to th android runtime not being able to save to the SD was it had to be reformated I didn't quite believe it either.

But at least I gave it a shot.

And it worked.

So, when you have a moment, give it a shot.
    02-03-14 11:05 PM
    Why are you using the stock music player if you purchased neutron? Just curious

Posted via CB10
    I like the Neutron Player, but mainly it won't show many of the songs in my playlists for some reason. Also, it's a little more labor intensive and tricky than I wish for, and with little guidance as to what and how to use all its technical features (if they work at all?). The stock player is pretty good for the basic use I want -- although hoping for a timer, equalizer, and skins in future releases!

Posted via CB10
    02-03-14 11:27 PM