I downloaded the. 1925 leak file for the Z30 and every time I went to open it (post extraction) the terminal/dos window would open for a second and then immediately shut after running two or three lines. I didn't even have time to enter my passcode.

I tried this using my Dad's three year old windows laptop (which is a huge pain to manage - wish I could do this on my mac or Ubuntu) so I wonder if this is a problem because of my dad's older hardware or the file itself.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:51 AM
    Maybe try disabling the password? Is it a windows 7 pc? I have a 3 year old HP windows device that works just fine.

Posted via my STL100-4 Running 10.2.1.1925
    12-30-13 03:00 AM
    install blackberry link first , then on the top corner click on the preference => unmark open on start up,open when device connected..then try opening the auto loader
    12-30-13 03:02 AM
    I had the exact same problem tonight trying to load the new leak. Wish I had seen this earlier

CB10 via Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    12-30-13 03:23 AM
    Please someone let me know if my answer solved your problem.....
    12-30-13 03:51 AM
    Haven't tried ur method as yet, will attempt again later today on a newer pc, maybe I won't encounter the same problem, if I do, I'll be sure to try the method u suggested and post my results here

CB10 via Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1803
    praghan likes this.
    12-30-13 05:21 AM
    Use CCleaner from Piriform. Free download. Registry repair and cleans...I use it once a week... Keeps all my computers running smooth...helps keep Link and your BlackBerry phones happy together...

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 06:17 AM
    Please someone let me know if my answer solved your problem.....
    I'll try it on the same computer later this evening and let you know. Thanks for the reply!

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 09:54 AM
    I can't even get it extracted. 7zip tells me broken file Everytime . The ccleaner as mentioned should help clear some junk. Give it a try.
    12-30-13 10:01 AM
    Maybe try disabling the password? Is it a windows 7 pc? I have a 3 year old HP windows device that works just fine.

Posted via my STL100-4 Running 10.2.1.1925
    You need the password for the development mode..
    Maybe try it on a friend's, OP?

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-30-13 11:42 AM
    I can't even get it extracted. 7zip tells me broken file Everytime . The ccleaner as mentioned should help clear some junk. Give it a try.
    May be the file is corrupted...try downloading from some other mirror

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:37 PM
    I'll try it on the same computer later this evening and let you know. Thanks for the reply!

Posted via CB10

You're welcome

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 02:39 PM
    I had this same problem and discovered that I had downloaded the autoloader for the wrong model.

To see the error, open a DOS window and run the autoloader from there. When the process terminates the window will stay open.
    12-30-13 02:57 PM
    May be the file is corrupted...try downloading from some other mirror

Posted via CB10
    I tried all links listed as well as downloaded with IE, firefox, and chrome. Samething everytime
    12-30-13 07:54 PM
    I tried all links listed as well as downloaded with IE, firefox, and chrome. Samething everytime
    Then try opening it with win rar

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:24 PM
    Turns out is was just the crappy laptop, got the leak loaded on a different laptop today and all went well without a hitch, blackberry link was also present on the lappy I used today, seemed to make no difference. I did get an error of some sort, but that was initially Cuz the laptop was out of memory so the autoloader cudnt extract, so I just deleted a few things n got started. Nothing to note so far, no bugs, no glitches. Currently downloading some apps via Snap. This is my first leak

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    12-30-13 11:47 PM
    Update: Installed!

I took everyone's advice:

1) I disabled the password.
    2) I double-checked to see if I downloaded the right file - I did.
    3) I downloaded the latest version of Link - just because - and disabled the automatic open/login when BlackBerry is plugged into the laptop.
    4) I downloaded CCleaner but didn't even get a chance to use it because of the next step
    5) I right-clicked the autoloader file to see what options I had for opening it. Here's the tricky part - instead of just clicking "Run," I chose, "Run as administrator" despite the fact that I was already on an administrator's account - the autoloader opened and *stayed* open.

Worked like a charm! I'm performing a restore from my last back-up right now and excited to see what awaits me on 1925!

Thanks, all. :-)
    12-31-13 02:52 AM
    Turns out is was just the crappy laptop, got the leak loaded on a different laptop today and all went well without a hitch, blackberry link was also present on the lappy I used today, seemed to make no difference. I did get an error of some sort, but that was initially Cuz the laptop was out of memory so the autoloader cudnt extract, so I just deleted a few things n got started. Nothing to note so far, no bugs, no glitches. Currently downloading some apps via Snap. This is my first leak

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Yeah, I wanted to bash my Dad's old Toshiba but it finally came through so I'm glad I didn't.

Happy you got the leak installed! With Snap on there I have no doubt it will be a beast.
    12-31-13 02:54 AM
    Update: Installed!

I took everyone's advice:

1) I disabled the password.
    2) I double-checked to see if I downloaded the right file - I did.
    3) I downloaded the latest version of Link - just because - and disabled the automatic open/login when BlackBerry is plugged into the laptop.
    4) I downloaded CCleaner but didn't even get a chance to use it because of the next step
    5) I right-clicked the autoloader file to see what options I had for opening it. Here's the tricky part - instead of just clicking "Run," I chose, "Run as administrator" despite the fact that I was already on an administrator's account - the autoloader opened and *stayed* open.

Worked like a charm! I'm performing a restore from my last back-up right now and excited to see what awaits me on 1925!

Thanks, all. :-)
    Happy you got it working...

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling likes this.
    12-31-13 03:02 AM