Hi,
    Hi Folks,

I received my first BB a few weeks ago, and i am one happy camper !

For the fun of it i loaded the newest fw into my unit, but now i have some issues with the lock/Password screen. It only works 30% of the time. I am using 30 sec timeout, and i have tried around 20 times in a row, and 6 times it worked.

Does anyone of you have the same issue, or any idea of what i can try to remove this defect?

Thanks in advance

/Q
    05-15-13 01:50 PM
    Hi,
    Hi Folks,

I received my first BB a few weeks ago, and i am one happy camper !

For the fun of it i loaded the newest fw into my unit, but now i have some issues with the lock/Password screen. It only works 30% of the time. I am using 30 sec timeout, and i have tried around 20 times in a row, and 6 times it worked.

Does anyone of you have the same issue, or any idea of what i can try to remove this defect?

Thanks in advance

I noticed some of the older firmware versions had issues with recognizing my finger position, but the later versions seem to be much better with that.

I would use the handy BB10 feature where it allows you to display the characters you are typing into a password box, to verify you are typing what you think you are typing. That is activated by touching the small "eye" icon on the right side of the password entry box.

I think all systems that require password entry should have that option user-selectable, as oftentimes you might not be aware that you have capslock on, or one of your physical keyboard keys is not working right, or a touch device is mis-recognizing your keypresses, etc. It can be a serious problem if the system is designed to lock you out after a certain number of incorrect password entry attempts. (Which a BB10 device will also do - after 10 incorrect attempts)
    08-10-13 06:19 PM