09-10-13 04:59 PM
242 ... 78910
tools
    I'm actually in the process of installing Radio 1372 then test and work my way backwards till I notice an improvement with one of the earlier radio files. Worst case I'll go back to Radio 1048. I'm hoping to perceive a quick improvement...will report back later etnt7.

Posted via CB10 using my handy dandy STL100-3 ~ 10.2.0.1443 ~ AT&T
    Thanks. If it runs better I will do that also.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 04:58 PM
    Came from 10.1.0.4651 to 10.2.0.1443.

Everything's working well.
    Skype (BB World)
    Instagram
    Pykl3
    NetFlix

All side loads and Droid apps running smoother and faster. No crashing yet observed.
    Battery life better then prior OS and I thought it was good.
    OS is as or even more smooth and a little faster. Droid apps open much faster. Shuts down faster.
    Phone functions working fine.
    Been running it for 24 hours plus now.

Installed from scratch and wiped right after OS install. No restore.
    Link backed it up just fine.

Thanks folks !
    Enjoying the new goodies.

Updated: May be noticing a weaker reception issue. Seems to drop weak signal calls quicker and more often then before.

Posted via a Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1443
    In my book, 1443 is the best OS to date...my Z and I both Love it !! ...as for your issue, precisely what was happening to me, which is why I finally post-loaded 1372 Radio today as a workaround to this weakness. FYI I'm running on AT&T net.

I RE-INSTALLED 1444 RADIO FILES, AS 1372 RADIO IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH 1443 BUILD.

Last edited by gliveron; 09-04-13 at 08:23 AM.
    09-03-13 05:40 PM
    Posted via CB10
    09-03-13 08:50 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Exactly! That's what I've been thinking all day.

:-P

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    09-03-13 08:51 PM
    In my book, 1443 is the best OS to date...my Z and I both Love it !! ...as for your issue, precisely what was happening to me, which is why I finally post-loaded 1372 Radio today as a workaround to this weakness. FYI I'm running on AT&T net.

Wonder if there is a better radio for the 004 Verizon?

09-03-13 09:30 PM
    To my mind the best OS has to have the squircle.

Just say'n

Posted via CB10 | Squircle of Trust Co-Founder | Channel Channel PIN 00120C87
    09-03-13 10:55 PM
    thanks. If it runs better i will do that also.

Posted via cb10

etnt7; I re-installed 1444 radio files, as 1372 radio is not compatible with 1443 build.
    Initially I thought that it was working fine as it seemed to connect faster with my carrier's network, so at first I celebrated (in my head of course). But a few minutes later when I made a phone call, the call dropped almost immediately 1 second after the other person answered. I then tried to answer an incoming call, same thing happened, call dropped after 1 second. I quickly realized that I had no choice but to reinstall the original 1444 Radio which came bundled in the 10.2.0.210 Release (10.2.0.1443 OS). I managed to get this done this morning after I received it from wu-wei.

The GOOD:
    (1) my Z10 phone is working again !!
    (2) lesson learned to test, test and test before claiming it works.
    The NOT SO GOOD:
    (1) Back to running my Z10 with poor battery performance and poor network connect.
    (2) Searching and hoping for a better option in order to keep 1443 installed.
    (3) May install one of wu-wei's hybrids such as 1047 with 1443 Apps (major time again to install/setup)
    Last edited by gliveron; 09-04-13 at 03:51 PM. Reason: update needed
    etnt7 likes this.
    09-04-13 08:24 AM
    Try using a comma character "," instead of the "p". That works for me on 10.1MR. To use your example, try 970-555-1212,,1234
    It recognizes the "," as a "p"....so there is no difference....because they both act like a "w" should act.....a wait until the dial is pressed.
    09-04-13 10:19 AM
    Wonder if there is a better radio for the 004 Verizon?

I tried 1372, initially all appeared to work great, at least data wise it did...unfortunately it would NOT allow phone calls in or out. Ended up reinstalling 1444 Radio and phone works normally again. I'd hate to switch to a 1047 hybrid, especially since I really really like the 1443 experience, but I may have no choice since I need my phone for work, therefore its gotta run at least 12 hours before a recharge. I was getting in upwards of 12-16 on 1047 previously, so it's a little painfull right now on 1443. STL100-3 on AT&T (10.2.0.1443).
    09-04-13 10:39 AM

etnt7; I re-installed 1444 radio files, as 1372 radio is not compatible with 1443 build.
    Initially I thought that it was working fine as it seemed to connect faster with my carrier's network, so at first I celebrated (in my head of course). But a few minutes later when I made a phone call, the call dropped almost immediately 1 second after the other person answered. I then tried to answer an incoming call, same thing happened, call dropped after 1 second. I quickly realized that I had no choice but to reinstall the original 1444 Radio which came bundled in the 10.2.0.210 Release (10.2.0.1443 OS). I managed to get this done this morning after I received it from wu-wei.

The GOOD:
    (1) my Z10 phone is working again !!
    (2) lesson learned to test, test and test before claiming it works.
    The NOT SO GOOD:
    (1) Back to running my Z10 with poor battery performance and poor network connect.
    (2) Searching and hoping for a better option in order to keep 1443 installed.
    (3) May install one of wu-wei's hybrids such as 1047 with 1447 Apps (major time again to install/setup)
    Thanks for the info mate.

I think we should wait for an other leak. Or roll back to 1047

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 12:04 PM
    I've had this OS on a VZW STL-4 Z10 and a Q10 SQN100-2 for a few days now. I'm also running the unlocked Android Runtime, but not doing much with Android Apps.
    Generally battery life is worse than the 10.1 OS's I was using before, I didn't run 10.2.0.1047 for long, so not sure.

Otherwise, few issues, just some with WiFi that could be my router, not sure because my Playbook will be working fine at the same time the phone won't connect to the WiFi.

Mostly my problem is with my ActiveSync accounts on my MDaemon server. about once a day, often during the night when in Bedside Mode, new email will stop being pushed to the Z10 or Q10. During the day, out and about, sometimes I have to hit the menu and tap on Refresh. Sometimes I have to remove the account and re-add it to get new emails showing up.
    09-06-13 04:01 AM
    Mostly ok apart from radio issues with 4G/LTE enabled, connections hang in voice mode for 4glte which isn't supported in Sweden yet, reboot required. Camera freeze during first use a couple of times, reboot required. Smtp password for Gmail setup missing, workaround exists and works. Battery great, STL100-2 on carrier Telia SE.

/Per

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 04:31 AM
    When i tried to enter my password, it kept rejecting my password and eventually performed a security wipe of my device. I made sure I was typing in the password correctly by watching the characters display on my screen as I typed it in...but it just didn't work. Have any of you experienced this before?

I find that trying to catch characters typed during the <.5 second they appear "unmasked" in the text-entry box is an exercise in futility. I end up spending so much time with my eyes on that box I can't type properly.

But luckily, BB10 has a feature I wish every other platform had: you can choose to unmask the password field completely, which gives you plenty of time to stare at what you typed and make sure it is correct. Just touch the "eye" image on the right side of the password entry box.

Also - if it were me - knowing that I only had 10 chances to enter the PW correctly or my device would get wiped: by the time I hit attempt 7 or 8, I would probably restart the device to see if there was something funky going on that perhaps a restart would fix, before using up my last 2-3 attempts even after diligent attempts to be careful typing.

Mostly my problem is with my ActiveSync accounts on my MDaemon server. about once a day, often during the night when in Bedside Mode, new email will stop being pushed to the Z10 or Q10. During the day, out and about, sometimes I have to hit the menu and tap on Refresh. Sometimes I have to remove the account and re-add it to get new emails showing up.

Many BB10 versions - in fact this annoyance seems inherited from Playbook OS too - have an issue where if the network connectivity gets flaky or goes down temporarily, instead of silently re-try after connectivity is restored, it not only throws an error message but actually ERASES your login credentials and forces you to re-enter them.

What's interesting is that I have mostly noticed this on POP and IMAP linked accounts, not EAS. With Google and Yahoo a big part of the problem are their authentication mechanisms that start to "distrust" a device under certain circumstances. Blackberry addressed the Google issue to a large degree by building a much more sophisticated account-setup mechanism into the OS, specifically for Google and in 10.1.0.4xxx releases and higher, that uses their proprietary method of assigning a "device-specific password" to a device when configured for accessing Google.

But I still see this issue popup from time-to-time on other accounts, had it happen to me a couple of days ago on .1443 on one of my POP accounts, after a network connectivity loss.

So in a nutshell: no, you aren't the only one that sees this kind of thing, but it seems like it's an OS issue that Blackberry still hasn't gotten quite right yet.
    moody and in_loco_nomen like this.
    09-06-13 09:19 PM
    I had major wifi issues on 1047 and even on radio of 810. So far this is running good on this leak, but maybe too soon to say.

Posted via CB10
    Issue still persists. Once I go out of home and then return, the only way to connect to wifi is by rebooting the phone. Have two Z10 at home and same problem with both even on this build. This is been on every 10.2 build I have tried so far.
    09-07-13 07:32 AM
    Somehow the Add to Home Screen function doesn't works in the browser for me. Can anyone with this leak confirm this?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 10:07 AM
    Issue still persists. Once I go out of home and then return, the only way to connect to wifi is by rebooting the phone. Have two Z10 at home and same problem with both even on this build. This is been on every 10.2 build I have tried so far.

It's also an issue on 10.1 MR series (ie 10.1.0.4xxx) builds.

My guess is that some sort of aggressive radio power-management puts the WiFi radio into such a deep sleep after loss of signal that it can't wakeup and find the signal after it goes into that state.
    09-07-13 12:22 PM
    Somehow the Add to Home Screen function doesn't works in the browser for me. Can anyone with this leak confirm this?

Works fine here.
    09-07-13 12:29 PM
    Did you do a restore? If so, I would try deleting the wifi profiles then back up, wipe, restore.
    09-07-13 06:25 PM
    rotation lock?
    09-08-13 08:24 AM
    so far im very disappointed in this leak. two and a half hours and my battery is dead and im having a problem syncing my gmail contacts on one of my gmail accounts. im going to wipe the phone clean and start from scratch and see what happens.

oh yeah im on an att z10
    09-08-13 09:41 AM
    Truly looking forward to a new and improved Radio, hopefully one will be made available within the next leak set to release after it's finished basting in the oven... I can taste it already...
    09-08-13 09:45 AM
    Did you do a restore? If so, I would try deleting the wifi profiles then back up, wipe, restore.
    One of the phones I did a wipe and no restore and the issue persists

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 10:26 AM
    How are the voice commands?

Posted via CB10
    09-08-13 11:01 AM
    How are the voice commands?

Posted via CB10
    Good, the wolfram alpha integration is there. My one gripe is that it still tries to search the Internet a lot.
    09-08-13 10:05 PM
    One of the phones I did a wipe and no restore and the issue persists

Posted via CB10
    If you roll back the software it works?
    09-08-13 10:06 PM
242 ... 78910