09-10-13 04:59 PM
242 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Is there a radio I could flash to for vzw? Anyone have same call quality issues on 1443?

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 08:36 AM
    After running this for around 24 hours here's my view:

First, context -- I have roughly a dozen side-loaded Android apps and a lot of stuff from BlackBerry world. Of the sideloaded stuff all are personal conversions, including one that I had to unpack and repack due to app name length problems. All run including APG (PGP encryption.)

1. It's very smooth and working quite well. VPN is working properly (very important to me.) I left the included Android runtime alone and did not reflash the unlocked one; I don't mind using the debug token.

2. I've had one unsolicited reset. Nothing was running at the time, it just rebooted while sitting on my desk. That I didn't like. But it has not happened again.

3. This morning the phone got into a funky spinlock state where the CPU was being eaten by the System (checked with App monitor) and the drain went over 2W (while idle!) I couldn't clear it with Airplane mode; only a reboot fixed it. This and #2 are potentially-serious stability problems and will likely block this from being a "gold" release.

4. Other than that battery life has been very good and operationally I have no other problems. I'm debating trying to overload the unlocked Android runtime in the hope that is where the reboot and runaway came from, but that's a wild guess since the monitor shows only that it's in "system" (the consumption.) Call quality has been fine as have all the other functional things I usually do (and I'm a VERY heavy user of the phone's features, including things like bluetooth audio streaming, etc.)

I like 10.2 -- a lot -- especially the toast notifications that I can actually reply to. And power management continues to improve which is a HUGE factor for me. There are a number of bug fixes such as the weather app in this version.

My biggest "functional" problem (other than the reboot and spinlock) is the same as with all 10.2 versions so far -- the browser has some really funky crap going on with it's attempt to get too cute by half with automatic font size scaling.

BLACKBERRY NEEDS TO SORT THAT as it's EXTREMELY annoying and will generate a metric crap-ton of complaints if this gets into wide circulation without being taken care of.
    08-30-13 08:48 AM
    My review ....

I installed the first time and did a full restore and had some issues with the BB World, Applications and performance... My lock screen was not responding randomly.

Then second install with only settings & media restore, really noticed a difference and no missing data at all... RAM is 55% after 12 hrs of install, the GTalk unsync error is gone.

I do not use any side-loaded app neither FB.

Since first leak installed (1047) I had one of my email accounts getting disconnected several times for no reason and this issue is still there for me I decided not to add this one.

My battery life is OK but I know I will have better performance in 1 or 2 days.

No random reboot for now...

IMHO I liked better the 1323 leak, but this one is working fine so far
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    08-30-13 09:06 AM
    Anyone have an issue getting google maps v7.1 to sideload? No matter what method I have tried I always get an error when trying to load it. I am running .1443 and the unlocked runtime.
    08-30-13 09:10 AM
    Bluetooth issues continue. Still does not work properly to connect to multiple devices with audio sink...

Had one random reboot yesterday while taking some pictures.

Posted via CB10
    DrewBarrett likes this.
    08-30-13 09:41 AM
    One more bug to add to the list -

I have 4 mail accounts, 3 EAS and one IMAP

Copying and pasting the same auto-signature to all 4 actually removes them completely from all 4 accounts. I can do any three, but as soon as paste to the 4th one, most if not all disappear.
    I noticed it too -- add an extra couple of spaces at the end of the last one... no one will notice the difference -- unless they compare and select text
    08-30-13 10:22 AM
    So my experience so far is is very good. I updated from 10.1 and the 10.2 and BlackBerry is going to the right direction. I really like the new features, everything is smoth ( Setting app is smooth like silk) and all the little features in Hub and the little UI change is very cool. I am very happy to Update to this Leak.

One thing that I don't really like is, sometimes you have the Black theme in apps (Passwort keeper) and sometime you have the white theme if you share something. If BlackBerry can get all the OS in One Design like iOS, that would be perfect OS. So where is TAT??

Sorry for my bad English.

Posted z5
    08-30-13 11:14 AM
    Anyone have an issue getting google maps v7.1 to sideload? No matter what method I have tried I always get an error when trying to load it. I am running .1443 and the unlocked runtime.
    I have the same version sideloaded with the unlocked runtime and have had no issues. Even used voice guidance today. Never knew it worked!

Q10 - #KeepMoving
    08-30-13 12:38 PM
    That can't be right... surely it's not still syncing?

This is the only 10.2 build where I haven't had the mad battery drainage within the first 24 hours.

I'm almost 20 hours in an my system is idling nicely at around 2%.

Attachment 196826
    Where did you find the "device monitor" menu? Is that only available on 10.2?
    08-30-13 01:55 PM
    My findings over the past couple of days.

1) small bug when selecting multiple notifications for deletion. The side menu disappeared so I just hit cancel and tried selecting again and it came back.

2) I couldn't access some photos in one of my folders on my SD card. The folder had an apostrophe in the name which wasn't a problem before but this time it kept the pictures app from showing the pictures. Removing the apostrophe restored the photos.

3) a few instances where apps opened in landscape mode despite being in portrait orientation and not changing without closing the app first.

So, quite minor actually. Quite satisfied (better than the first 10.2 leak I tried). Hopefully the official version comes out soon as people will love 10.2.

(Note: I do a full wipe before installing and a full wipe after installing with no restore).

EDIT: Add:

4) previews on the lock screen don't always work

5) trying to move an app to a folder caused my Z10 to start switching screens on its own accord and I had to reboot.
    Last edited by Fr3lncr; 08-30-13 at 03:58 PM.
    cls1181 likes this.
    08-30-13 03:07 PM
    Installed, security wiped installed unlocked runtime, and did a full restore.

After the restore I plugged in and went to sleep, which I usually do so battery does not die due to syncing, and have not noticed any excess battery drain since.

Issues I had/have.

If you send a facebook message with a " in is the send will fail. Happened in the last leak as well and possibly on all versions of facebook, but I just noticed it last leak.

Restore took two to three times as long as any restore I have done before, and I have done almost all of the leaks and have restored successfully on all of them.

I believe the next two issues are probably due to BBLINK needing an update to properly manage 10.2.

Link wanted to re-sync my music, which took about as long as the initial sync even though the files were all on my SD and recognized by the music app.

BBWORLD has all the apps I have installed listed under available and if reinstalled they disappear from there.

1443 leak --- the good and the bad?-img_00000259.png

Posted via bb/cb/z10
    Last edited by n3v3r_kw; 08-30-13 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Added facebook issue.
    08-30-13 04:27 PM
    same thing happened to me
    08-30-13 04:40 PM
    Wayyyy better than 1407

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    How is it wayyyyyyy better please? I haven't decided if I want to waste a half a day of my life installing this one. What is better than 1047? I have had not one problem with it. Battery included.
    pastycat likes this.
    08-30-13 05:38 PM
    Very weird. I keep getting notifications that my time zone has been updated to central standard time. I even turned auto update time to off. Every few hours I get the notification.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-13 05:58 PM
    Same here. Battery died overnight and it was at 53% at 10:00 pm when I went to bed.

Thanks for the report but when do you put your device on a charger if not when you sleep?

In general, due to high battery drain being a very common thing with a newly loaded leaked OS installed via autoloader, I tend to either keep the device in such a state on a charger, or watch it very closely for battery state, certainly don't leave it off charger when sleeping.

Verizon,
    As on every previous build: Can't get it to "automatically" send password in voice mail.
    As on every previous build: Can' get the dialer to recognize "p" or pause (or ",") and then dial a second string: e.g., call a phone number with the extension or password or account number such as this 970-555-1212p1234. You need to press the call button again to have it dial the extension.

Try using a comma character "," instead of the "p". That works for me on 10.1MR. To use your example, try 970-555-1212,,1234

Even on my legacy Blackberry device, "pause" was never a pause for a specific time, it always required me to press a key to go to the next step in the dialing sequence.

Any VZW users with crap call quality? Mine is crackly with constant volume spikes...

I am not using it on my daily driver. That said, the few call tests I've done so far have been fine. Using Verizon in San Francisco CA.
    08-30-13 06:13 PM
    I'm on my third or fourth leak of 10.2 now and every time everything worms fine apart from losing data connection / limited wifi every two or three hours. The only cure is a reboot.

Reverting back to any 10.1 version completely eliminates the problem so it's definitely related to 10.2 somehow but I am completely stuck.

Interestingly, all of the 10.1 MR releases I've tried had a similiar issue, but mostly with 5Ghz WiFi only. 5Ghz signals eventually became "invisible" to the device, turning radios on/off didn't help, had to restart to get them working again.

10.1.0.4828 was slightly better, but not immune to that problem.

I haven't been running this build long enough to tell for certain, but so far it seems OK in that respect, and at least one other reliable source has reported less issues in general with 10.2 than 10.1 in that regard.
    08-30-13 06:19 PM
    My biggest "functional" problem (other than the reboot and spinlock) is the same as with all 10.2 versions so far -- the browser has some really funky crap going on with it's attempt to get too cute by half with automatic font size scaling.

BLACKBERRY NEEDS TO SORT THAT as it's EXTREMELY annoying and will generate a metric crap-ton of complaints if this gets into wide circulation without being taken care of.

I have found Shaosoft's Evolution browser to be very handy, if only because it renders pages differently which sometimes works better than the native browser (ie on eBay, where I cannot login using the native browser at all), and having the ability to customize the user-agent string is a massive benefit for sites like Yelp that insist on serving garbage (ie desktop version) of their site if you use a browser that their braindead browser-sniffing script doesn't recognize.

Where did you find the "device monitor" menu? Is that only available on 10.2?

That feature was introduced in the 10.2 OS series.
    08-30-13 06:25 PM
    I found that the security wipe before using the newest autoloader has always given me a good outcome. Then I use the manual restore, and no problems.
    Is the manual restore like doing a selective restore? Like you can select what data and/or apps you would like to restore such us Password Keeper and Memo pad and Docs to Go only?
    08-30-13 06:27 PM
    Only issue for me so far... Bluetooth is a little odd. I re-paired it with my car (MyLink.) Parked the car, walked about a mile, looked at my phone and it showed still connected. Turned off Bluetooth. Still showed connected. Had to reboot to resolve.
    08-30-13 06:50 PM
    Well I installed this and all is well...the only issue I have is the FB check in. Now I only restored media and settings and not app data so this should have solved that problem? Or should I have not restored settings either?

Ah well I can live with it...check in through Foursquare and share to FB works well.
    08-30-13 08:55 PM
    Coming from 1047 this one is much better by far. This time around I did a full fresh install, no restore, just copy the content of the device memory and restore it, sms via smsbackup, contacts via xcontacts, and noted for my notes from remember, side loaded the last unlocked android runtime, also print to go. So far so good, then side loaded Netflix, Zinio, Latest Skype, Opera mini (this one was important for apps that call a browser but fail if the process run on the BlackBerry browser, just choose Opera and it will just work) side loaded other apps no problem at all, WhatsApp restored it's settings from the device copy I did and the other Android apps and BlackBerry apps restored it's settings from their backups on the device memory. From this experience I must say everything is running very smooth, not getting the device hot as has happened with 1047 and no in calls glitches. This is the best 10.2 leak so far so jump in and if you run into problems just follow what I did and you'll be fine.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1443 w/last unlocked android on AT&T
    08-30-13 09:36 PM
    I have reverted the radio to 1372; this one did some grossly-unacceptable things in my local 4GLTE area where it would drop LTE, remain on HSPA+, do a crap-ton of reselects but lose data connectivity anyway (although it thought it was connected) with concurrent battery drain problems.

1372 MAY NOT be clean in this regard -- not sure yet. The issue was NOT apparent on WiFi but showed up quite quickly when I was out and about this afternoon.

I also tried the radio out of the 1445 Dev and while it had a different rev number it too displayed symptoms of the same problem, although I didn't run it long enough to know for sure if it was as bad as the radio in 1443.
    08-30-13 09:42 PM
    Well I installed this and all is well...the only issue I have is the FB check in. Now I only restored media and settings and not app data so this should have solved that problem? Or should I have not restored settings either?

Ah well I can live with it...check in through Foursquare and share to FB works well.
    Just tried Facebook notifications and no issues. I also didn't restore anything. Might try reinstalling.
    08-30-13 09:45 PM
    Bad battery life for me was able to drain 40% in 3 hours with light usage on LTE, on screen time at most 20 minutes 2/10 brightness
    08-30-13 10:46 PM
    this one did some grossly-unacceptable things in my local 4GLTE area.
    Haha I laughed quite hard at this...like your phone exposed itself at a play-park or something! X-D
    mopar_fxr and moody like this.
    08-30-13 10:48 PM
242 ... 23456 ...