08-20-13 03:49 PM
92 1234
tools
    Glad we have this thread to keep the BS out of the others......

Sad the unlock screen went back to the full keyboard, i liked 1047 with just the number panel to unlock the device.
    Do you have simple password enabled?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 06:17 PM

Sad the unlock screen went back to the full keyboard, i liked 1047 with just the number panel to unlock the device.
    Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Device Password -> Simple Password Toggle: On

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 06:17 PM

Make sure you have simple password enabled... I have it enabled on mine and it shows just the number pad on the latest 10.2

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 06:18 PM
    It's smooth and fast

STL100-2. OS10.2.0.1323
    So was the previous leak (1047). With this one, I opted to go hybrid as the changes were not enough for me to upgrade to the full OS. I'll wait for the next leak for that.
    08-18-13 06:49 PM
    This was a waste of a thread. I was looking for things I didn't find myself and instead I found a bunch of bickering.

I saw some changes to the calendar where when editing is different. It seems sectioned off rather than opening the entire appointment.

Posted via CB10
    Bure03 likes this.
    08-18-13 06:57 PM
    I have a Verizon Z10 . I downloaded the 1323 and have no problems. I have over 10 side loaded apps including Instagram and Sugar Crush. Also, my debug token is working. The biggest difference between 1047 and. 1323 is the mobile hot spot is working on the 1323.

Posted via CB10
    Huh...weird....Mobile hotspot works for me and I'm on a VZW Z10 running 1047
    08-18-13 07:59 PM
    Mobile hot spot works fine for me on 1047. Use it all the time

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 08:56 PM
    Perfect, Thanks...i go crawl away now and prctice searching before speaking
    Blacklatino, toobs623 and moody like this.
    08-18-13 09:31 PM
    Mobile hotspot was not working at all for me with 1047, now it is! I'm glad, it was the only thing I was complaining about
    I just installed it so cant say much about battery life yet.
    08-18-13 09:41 PM
    Since you are talking about illegal stuff, are a moderator of CB forums and a member of the BerryLeaks team (as stated in your signature), I wonder how legal it is you (as a representative of CB forums) taking part in publishing OS 10 leaks that obviously cannot be accessed over a BB-official public download URL and therefore should be equal to stolen copyright-protected material.
    When you return, you can read this......don't f8ck this up (the leaks) for the rest of us by being a jerk-8ff. Your questions don't deserve an answer. One could question you for being on a forum to allow this to happen if you want to be a weenie about it.

If you don't want to use the leaks- don't. But, if you do, creating another thread because some choose to ask previously answered questions- without obvious research or just trying to be a d8ck, doesn't end well.
    Willardv likes this.
    08-18-13 10:15 PM
    based from what I've read so far there is basically no change from 1047. I usually get the latest leaks but I don't think this one is worth it.
    08-18-13 10:45 PM
    Gotta love first post chime in people

Anyways, yes, leaks can be considered illegal, just like in the sense that android sideloading is.

However, I also sideload, I won't deny that fact, but to anyone who says it isn't illegal well they're wrong, as it's called stealing intellectual property.

But in that sense, the reason no one has had a issue with Sideloading apps or these leaks, is because it's trivial for a developer or BlackBerry to come after people over stupid things. They have better things to do, than to waste their money to track people down for lawsuits and the like
    "They have better things to do, than to waste their money to track people down for lawsuits and the like" ... seriously ?? why don't you tell us that even blackberry wanted this what we are doing here.

Sorry but i am not pointing out anyone, but i am saying what i personally feel. Blackberry itself allowing leaks to be published and they purposely wanted it to be tested by developers available in this forum. They can save more money by not hiring any testers.

Again saying, i may be wrong but this is just what i feel.
    08-18-13 11:11 PM
    Word Substitution is still having problem saving words
    08-18-13 11:13 PM
    based from what I've read so far there is basically no change from 1047. I usually get the latest leaks but I don't think this one is worth it.
    There are numerous changes, but I'd agree with your overall assessment that the changes aren't nearly as substantial in the sense of feature additions and the like.

My opinion, this leak is worth it if you had any major issues with 1047 (i.e. Wi-Fi problems or something), as some of those seem to have been addressed. However, if all 1047 does is give you minor annoyances, while you may find that 1323 fixes them, you may just end up trading them for different minor annoyances.

My experience with 1047 left me without the interactive toast notifications. I don't know if it was conflicting with something on my phone or just user error, but I know that they weren't working right. Without them, there wasn't a ton of incentive to keep 10.2 (aside from the incredible smoothness; seriously, this OS takes the tag line from "Flow" to "Glide".) especially considering many BlackBerry World apps weren't ready for it and suffered in functionality (i.e. SayIt ).

Anyway, either because I did 1323 the right way for a change or because something was fixed in the OS, my notifications are working and the thing is as fluid as ever, so I have no regrets. Add to that the fact that the SDK is finally out there and 10.2-updated apps should be coming soon (headless BeBuzz!), it seems worth keeping. As with anything, your results may vary.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 11:14 PM
    Pages 2 & 3 are my fault. I started the dogs howling with my rant.

I'll come clean on this, too (for kris). It's true.... I'm a lazy leaker... I don't want to debug.

I will say that my battery life is now less than of a fruit fly's at 4 hours. Normally i'd not comment b/c there are so many variables - but this was statistically significant to me at least.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 11:39 PM
    Perfect, Thanks...i go crawl away now and prctice searching before speaking
    Not necessary to feel that way. We all miss things from time to time. Quite often the answer to our issues is something that is so totally obvious...only after the answer is pointed out. I know I've made my share of silly mistakes in the past, but asking for assistance was never one of them.
    Craig Perkel and moody like this.
    08-19-13 12:02 AM
    I have noticed since 1047 that MAPS use of CONTACTS is lacking, because contacts integration does not offer the ability to Search contacts. It makes it more difficult to complete locating the contact (address). I have also wished that Blackberry would provide integration from within Contacts to GoTo a contact address and open MAPS. Is anyone else experiencing similar? 1323 appears very stable and glad I updated.
    Last edited by 0113; 08-19-13 at 05:21 AM. Reason: typo
    08-19-13 05:11 AM
    They have better things to do, than to waste their money to track people down for lawsuits and the like
    Yeah like develop new spinny things.....

So to answer the OP title; after reading the entire 1323 thread I decided it wasn't worth running the destructive autoloader, I chose to go with a B@stard post auto loader since 1047 was running nicely for me. I am using .810 runtime and a debug token but loaded my sideloads without it, Netflix, Instagram etc. Facebook check-in doesn't work for me, however I never used it and only realized it because of others posting about this. There may be a workaround but I don't care enough to look for it. The sidebar in contacts is bugged but can be solved by loading a sys. file found on page 3 of the leak thread. Theres a hotspot thing but again - don't use it and have read different results from different people on that. I'd say if you are running 1047 and it's running fine, there's not a lot of reason to change IMO. 1323 leak. What's different? What's worse? What's better?-img_00001942.jpg

Edited to add - don't be misled by Skype in my screen - I haven't tried it yet so I'm unsure if it works or not....
    wu-wei likes this.
    08-19-13 06:41 AM
    just try yourself, it's free..

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 06:46 AM
    Mobile Hotspot is working again compared to last 10.02.1xxx leak
    08-19-13 06:53 AM
    But maybe this thread will have less BS spread around talking down downloading the file off mega; followed by a legion of snickering nerds hurling salvos of snide replies to the same repeated questions that are never answered - ironically taking up more posting pages than the original f-****.

obviously ranting is contagious.

Anyways.. my side loads are not working. I may switch back to 1047 just to get Google maps back. Hut instagram has worked from 1047 for me (I don't know how the world is still turning without a daily picture if my dinner to keep it going).

Vvm, my estranged and beloved feature, is still a fart in the wind.

St 100-3 || 2.0.1323 || Fido

Posted via CB10

PS: gmaps 6.2.0(6020014) works fine like it did. 7.whateveritwas doesn't work like it did on 1047. No luck with instagram yet
    Use a debuk token or sideload Android Runtime 810

Posted via CB10
    08-19-13 09:21 AM
    If I have to stop this car ! Someone's gonna get hurt

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1xxx - BerryLeaks Team Member/co-Founder & posted from the best phone ever. http://channelpin.com/C000B3B57

1323 leak. What's different? What's worse? What's better?-russell.jpg

Posted via bb/cb/z10
    Wigley458 likes this.
    08-19-13 10:37 AM
    Only strange issue I've run into...upon restore all my apps are back, but Blackberry World lists them as Available not Installed. I've searched the forums, but haven't found any reports of this "issue".
    08-19-13 11:46 AM
    Only strange issue I've run into...upon restore all my apps are back, but Blackberry World lists them as Available not Installed. I've searched the forums, but haven't found any reports of this "issue".
    From 1323 OP... no comment.
    "Issue: BlackBerry World Installed Apps' tab shows only core apps after restore. Other apps will appear in the 'Available' tab.
    Solution: Download app again from 'Available' tab. Known problem in 10.2 leaks so far."

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    NinjaRAT likes this.
    08-19-13 11:51 AM
    No, it's not removing "unneeded code". In order to remove "unneeded code" you would have to decompile, remove code, then recompile. Seriously man, you do software as far as I understood...you of all people should know that you cannot just "remove code". It does modify the manifest as part wrapping it in a container. It does not decompile, it does not do code injection, it does not do anything to actually modify the software in its core. You are really not making any sense.

As for the second part. I am well aware he said "check out 1.8". I wanted more insight which he could not answer but instead of saying simply "sorry, I really don't know" he felt that it'd be appropriate to lecture on copyright implications to the audience at large. If we go by your definition the "Crack" in Crackberry has gone from drug to warez which means that you should officially ban the following activities and remove all references to them:
    • Linking to APK files as they are not distributed through the Google store
    • Distribution of APKs in any way, shape, or form
    • Every thread that discusses sideloading, how it is done, where to find the files, etc.
    • All references to all BAR files converted from any APK
    • Any reference to any BAR file not explicitly owned by or developed by the entity that has referenced it or linked to it
    • Stop publishing leaks and any BARs extracted from the same
    • Remove all xsacha's and Darcy's work
    • Disband the entire BerryLeaks team
    • Etc.

Do you see the absurdity of what you are trying to argue? I think that we can agree that this back and forth has really run it's course. Wrapping APKs in a container and sideloading is a perfectly legitimate activity as long as the files you are distributing are not pay-for apps.

On topic, 1323 is running very well. A number of bugs were fixed from the 1047 release. Still not ideal as the daily driver if you do not want to have any hassle but for most (including for me) it's stable enough to use daily. Some recent self-signed Android apps that worked in the 2.3 runtime don't work any more (e.g., Netflix). Battery life is good, more or less the same as 1047. Hotspot is back as reported in the leak thread, which is great. That was an important missing feature out of 1047. Issues with contacts app require using an older contacts bar. Nothing much else to report.
    I truly hope that you guys resolved this via PM !! I'm sure I speak for many in saying that this is a little much.

Respectfully.
    moody likes this.
    08-19-13 12:00 PM
92 1234