08-20-13 03:49 PM
92 1234
tools
    A VM is different from a app. Netflix is not open source, by modifying the apk to a bar you are infact modifying the application therefore making it illegal. You need to take a seat and learn to compare proper analogies, not a damn VM to a ******* application.

As for boot camp, you pay for it, you have to own the windows OS you install on the new partition, so your logic there is flawed.

Why should BlackBerry care about you or me a common user abusing the runtime they put in place for DEVELOPERS to use? If they want to lock it down, all the more power to them. Don't ***** and complain about something that wasn't built for this platform. There is a way to make it work, it was offered, if you don't like it, get yourself a android device as a secondary, they're cheap enough.

Posted via Dev B wielding 10.2.0.1047 | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    Since you are talking about illegal stuff, are a moderator of CB forums and a member of the BerryLeaks team (as stated in your signature), I wonder how legal it is you (as a representative of CB forums) taking part in publishing OS 10 leaks that obviously cannot be accessed over a BB-official public download URL and therefore should be equal to stolen copyright-protected material.
    Dodger52 likes this.
    08-18-13 12:15 PM
    A VM is different from a app. Netflix is not open source, by modifying the apk to a bar you are infact modifying the application therefore making it illegal. You need to take a seat and learn to compare proper analogies, not a damn VM to a ******* application.

As for boot camp, you pay for it, you have to own the windows OS you install on the new partition, so your logic there is flawed.

Why should BlackBerry care about you or me a common user abusing the runtime they put in place for DEVELOPERS to use? If they want to lock it down, all the more power to them. Don't ***** and complain about something that wasn't built for this platform. There is a way to make it work, it was offered, if you don't like it, get yourself a android device as a secondary, they're cheap enough.

Posted via Dev B wielding 10.2.0.1047 | BerryLeaks Co-founder
    You guys are totally out of it. You are NOT modifying the original source. You are wrapping it in a container that allows it to run in a VM on a specific platform. Without modifications to the original source you are doing nothing illegal. Top it off with the fact that the app is freely available and that's the end of that. Or wait, are you saying that Bla1ze and the rest of Crackberry team are engaging in piracy? Or maybe you agree that the publisher should have full control over the distribution channel, you know, the same thing that the Supreme Court just recently ruled against in the textbook copyright case?

Get over yourselves. You're mixing apples and oranges. When we actually hack the Netflix app into something different we can open up this discussion again. Otherwise, please let it go. You don't have a leg to stand on.

For anyone who is reading this thread, please don't be misinformed. There is nothing wrong with wrapping free apps in a container to run on a virtual machine. You are not modifying the original source. You are simply running an app in a VM.

Now, let's get back on topic please

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:16 PM
    I installed 1323 last night and then I just spent an hour on my old android phone to download all the latest .apk's and went to my computer to extract them and installed them onto my Z10....everything is running so smoof-ly so far....will report back...new O/S + latest version apk = WIN!
    08-18-13 12:16 PM
    Since you are talking about illegal stuff, are a moderator of CB forums and a member of the BerryLeaks team (as stated in your signature), I wonder how legal it is you (as a representative of CB forums) taking part in publishing OS 10 leaks that obviously cannot be accessed over an official public download URL and therefore should be equal to stolen copyright-protected material.
    As I am not a mod I won't chime in on this.

But I will say let's get this thread back on topic and that is differences between the two leaks.

Please, and thank you.

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.13xx from my LE running on VZW
    Bure03 likes this.
    08-18-13 12:17 PM
    Viber 3.1.1 seems to work smoothly
    08-18-13 12:20 PM
    You guys are totally out of it. You are NOT modifying the original source. You are wrapping it in a container that allows it to run in a VM on a specific platform. Without modifications to the original source you are doing nothing illegal. Top it off with the fact that the app is freely available and that's the end of that. Or wait, are you saying that Bla1ze and the rest of Crackberry team are engaging in piracy? Or maybe you agree that the publisher should have full control over the distribution channel, you know, the same thing that the Supreme Court just recently ruled against in the textbook copyright case?

Get over yourselves. You're mixing apples and oranges. When we actually hack the Netflix app into something different we can open up this discussion again. Otherwise, please let it go. You don't have a leg to stand on.

For anyone who is reading this thread, please don't be misinformed. There is nothing wrong with wrapping free apps in a container to run on a virtual machine. You are not modifying the original source. You are simply running an app in a VM.

Posted via CB10
    To keep myself from being banned, I will not say much else except:

You are grossly misinformed and need to understand better. So if someone takes my free app and converts it to run on Android they did nothing illegal? Wrong!

Unless the source code is open source, which it is not you are illegally taking intellectual property and converting it to run on something it was not meant to run on. Converting is no different than modifying.

And as I have previously stated to another user get this thread back on topic.

Have a good day, one second thought, I really don't give two ****s if you have a good day or not...

Posted using mind control while drunk on Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.13xx from my LE running on VZW
    08-18-13 12:21 PM
    To keep myself from being banned, I will not say much else except:

You are grossly misinformed and need to understand better. So if someone takes my free app and converts it to run on Android they did nothing illegal? Wrong!

Unless the source code is open source, which it is not you are illegally taking intellectual property and converting it to run on something it was not meant to run on. Converting is no different than modifying.

And as I have previously stated to another user get this thread back on topic.

Have a good day, one second thought, I really don't give two ****s if you have a good day or not...

You are not converting anything. That's the whole point lol. You are wrapping it in a container that allows it to run in a VM. Whatever though, I guess CB is now a pirate site lol. We're really hard-core hahahaha

To answer my original question, a simple "I am not sure why or what has changed. As a workaround you could use 1.8. Hopefully in future releases this gets addressed." would have sufficed.

Also, I do wish you to have a good day and thanks for the original response. Just because we disagree does not mean that I have to be a jerk about it.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 12:44 PM
    You are not converting anything. That's the whole point lol. You are wrapping it in a container that allows it to run in a VM. Whatever though, I guess CB is now a pirate site lol. We're really hard-core hahahaha

To answer my original question, a simple "I am not sure why or what has changed. As a workaround you could use 1.8. Hopefully in future releases this gets addressed." would have sufficed.

Also, I do wish you to have a good day and thanks for the original response. Just because we disagree does not mean that I have to be a jerk about it.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    No it's not being wrapped in a container, when you run a converter it removes unneeded code so it doesn't break the runtime.

BTW he did answer your original question with the fact to use 1.8, yet you didn't hear that and it wasn't good enough for you.
    08-18-13 01:22 PM
    Just for your proof, read the highlighted section about "Using Custom Manifest Additions"

1323 leak. What's different? What's worse? What's better?-androidmod.jpg
    08-18-13 01:28 PM
    Seriously do we need 15,000 what is different, what are the benefit threads? All your answers will be found in the leak thread. Let's keep the forums clean.
    And they scoffed at my idea of a thread exam to gain access to leaks. LOL

Z10STL100-3/10.2.0.1047 via CB10
    08-18-13 01:29 PM
    Seriously do we need 15,000 what is different, what are the benefit threads? All your answers will be found in the leak thread. Let's keep the forums clean.

The single thread with 800+ replies having maybe 10 that have on-point information relative to bugs and issues is quite frankly useless. I am not going to waste time reading all this chatter with very nearly no content at all.

What we need is a structured thread with the title of this one where there are sub categories for different types of issues, WiFi, Battery, Carrier, Brower, etc. where people put only specific clear relevant posts or questions. That would dramatically improve the utility of the forum, improve feedback quality to the developers and to those of us who occasionally install a leak (only if it is not a mess).

I am really tired of these scolding posts by others about those who are clearly looking for specific and useful information.
    c_legaspi, confuerte and Gray like this.
    08-18-13 01:34 PM
    Since you are talking about illegal stuff, are a moderator of CB forums and a member of the BerryLeaks team (as stated in your signature), I wonder how legal it is you (as a representative of CB forums) taking part in publishing OS 10 leaks that obviously cannot be accessed over a BB-official public download URL and therefore should be equal to stolen copyright-protected material.
    Gotta love first post chime in people

Anyways, yes, leaks can be considered illegal, just like in the sense that android sideloading is.

However, I also sideload, I won't deny that fact, but to anyone who says it isn't illegal well they're wrong, as it's called stealing intellectual property.

But in that sense, the reason no one has had a issue with Sideloading apps or these leaks, is because it's trivial for a developer or BlackBerry to come after people over stupid things. They have better things to do, than to waste their money to track people down for lawsuits and the like
    08-18-13 01:36 PM
    seems like a hit and miss for the most part, but I cant get FB to work at on on a STL100-3
    08-18-13 01:36 PM
    The single thread with 800+ replies having maybe 10 that have on-point information relative to bugs and issues is quite frankly useless. I am not going to waste time reading all this chatter with very nearly no content at all.

What we need is a structured thread with the title of this one where there are sub categories for different types of issues, WiFi, Battery, Carrier, Brower, etc. where people put only specific clear relevant posts or questions. That would dramatically improve the utility of the forum, improve feedback quality to the developers and to those of us who occasionally install a leak (only if it is not a mess).

I am really tired of these scolding posts by others about those who are clearly looking for specific and useful information.
    it wouldn't make a difference, people would still make their own thread because a thread always becomes cluttered with nonsense, like most of us have done to this thread
    08-18-13 01:37 PM
    it wouldn't make a difference, people would still make their own thread because a thread always becomes cluttered with nonsense, like most of us have done to this thread
    Here here Kris!

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 01:48 PM
    So in honest opinion which is more solid...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 03:37 PM
    It's smooth and fast

STL100-2. OS10.2.0.1323
    08-18-13 03:52 PM
    No it's not being wrapped in a container, when you run a converter it removes unneeded code so it doesn't break the runtime.

BTW he did answer your original question with the fact to use 1.8, yet you didn't hear that and it wasn't good enough for you.
    No, it's not removing "unneeded code". In order to remove "unneeded code" you would have to decompile, remove code, then recompile. Seriously man, you do software as far as I understood...you of all people should know that you cannot just "remove code". It does modify the manifest as part wrapping it in a container. It does not decompile, it does not do code injection, it does not do anything to actually modify the software in its core. You are really not making any sense.

As for the second part. I am well aware he said "check out 1.8". I wanted more insight which he could not answer but instead of saying simply "sorry, I really don't know" he felt that it'd be appropriate to lecture on copyright implications to the audience at large. If we go by your definition the "Crack" in Crackberry has gone from drug to warez which means that you should officially ban the following activities and remove all references to them:
    • Linking to APK files as they are not distributed through the Google store
    • Distribution of APKs in any way, shape, or form
    • Every thread that discusses sideloading, how it is done, where to find the files, etc.
    • All references to all BAR files converted from any APK
    • Any reference to any BAR file not explicitly owned by or developed by the entity that has referenced it or linked to it
    • Stop publishing leaks and any BARs extracted from the same
    • Remove all xsacha's and Darcy's work
    • Disband the entire BerryLeaks team
    • Etc.

Do you see the absurdity of what you are trying to argue? I think that we can agree that this back and forth has really run it's course. Wrapping APKs in a container and sideloading is a perfectly legitimate activity as long as the files you are distributing are not pay-for apps.

On topic, 1323 is running very well. A number of bugs were fixed from the 1047 release. Still not ideal as the daily driver if you do not want to have any hassle but for most (including for me) it's stable enough to use daily. Some recent self-signed Android apps that worked in the 2.3 runtime don't work any more (e.g., Netflix). Battery life is good, more or less the same as 1047. Hotspot is back as reported in the leak thread, which is great. That was an important missing feature out of 1047. Issues with contacts app require using an older contacts bar. Nothing much else to report.
    Last edited by dejanh; 08-18-13 at 04:21 PM.
    08-18-13 04:08 PM

If you don't like don't visit. The other thread is a mess. Loose moderation and no off topic control.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    Carterbits and c_legaspi like this.
    08-18-13 04:22 PM
    So...um...nice weather we're having huh?

Posted via CB10
    08-18-13 05:06 PM
    If you don't like don't visit. The other thread is a mess. Loose moderation and no off topic control.

Verizon Z10. Running 10.1.0.4651. Posted via CB10
    Because android apk sideloading is so on topic even this is not relevant for this subforum.

Tapped on my Z10 in CB10 | #BerryLeaks
    eblueoshop likes this.
    08-18-13 05:08 PM
    Ok, there is zero reason this thread, and the myriad of others, need to devolve into petty bickering between multiple parties. Keep the language clean, keep the insults out of it, and keep it on topic. Really not that difficult.
    pkcable, moody and Carterbits like this.
    08-18-13 05:22 PM
    So...um...nice weather we're having huh?

Posted via CB10
    ^dedo^

Not bad here in Puerto Rico. It's a lot nicer than this thread.

1323 leak. What's different? What's worse? What's better?-img_00000958.png

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    moody likes this.
    08-18-13 05:32 PM
    No, it's not removing "unneeded code". In order to remove "unneeded code" you would have to decompile, remove code, then recompile. Seriously man, you do software as far as I understood...you of all people should know that you cannot just "remove code". It does modify the manifest as part wrapping it in a container. It does not decompile, it does not do code injection, it does not do anything to actually modify the software in its core. You are really not making any sense.

As for the second part. I am well aware he said "check out 1.8". I wanted more insight which he could not answer but instead of saying simply "sorry, I really don't know" he felt that it'd be appropriate to lecture on copyright implications to the audience at large. If we go by your definition the "Crack" in Crackberry has gone from drug to warez which means that you should officially ban the following activities and remove all references to them:
    • Linking to APK files as they are not distributed through the Google store
    • Distribution of APKs in any way, shape, or form
    • Every thread that discusses sideloading, how it is done, where to find the files, etc.
    • All references to all BAR files converted from any APK
    • Any reference to any BAR file not explicitly owned by or developed by the entity that has referenced it or linked to it
    • Stop publishing leaks and any BARs extracted from the same
    • Remove all xsacha's and Darcy's work
    • Disband the entire BerryLeaks team
    • Etc.

Do you see the absurdity of what you are trying to argue? I think that we can agree that this back and forth has really run it's course. Wrapping APKs in a container and sideloading is a perfectly legitimate activity as long as the files you are distributing are not pay-for apps.
    Exceptional argument...

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    Carterbits likes this.
    08-18-13 05:34 PM
    Glad we have this thread to keep the BS out of the others......

Sad the unlock screen went back to the full keyboard, i liked 1047 with just the number panel to unlock the device.
    moody likes this.
    08-18-13 06:02 PM
92 1234