Hi,
    Just tried a full wipe and reinstall, same issue. Blackberry Maps opens, shows accurate location marker, but turn by turn refuses to work. Goes to route mapping page, then when "start" is tapped, gives "can't find satellite" error. Obviously it is finding the satellite with my location marker and route planning. Also, Google Maps (the "fixed" version in these forums) appears to be working fine. Anyone else with this issue or any resolution? Frankly I wouldn't care about BB maps but voice assistant links to them so there is no hands free turn by turn setup available.
    Thanks.
    12-23-14 08:10 AM
    I had very similar issue and solved it by removing an android app that was "grabbing" the gps. For me it was the 'weather underground' android app I installed with snap. Once I removed the app, all BlackBerry navigation including turn by turn were restored.

It took some trial and error to find the offending app, but I started with any android app that used location services. The 'weather underground' app turned out to be the problem for me. Good luck.

Z10 > Q10 > Passport
    garpt likes this.
    12-23-14 08:34 AM
    I had very similar issue and solved it by removing an android app that was "grabbing" the gps. For me it was the 'weather underground' android app I installed with snap. Once I removed the app, all BlackBerry navigation including turn by turn were restored.

It took some trial and error to find the offending app, but I started with any android app that used location services. The 'weather underground' app turned out to be the problem for me. Good luck.

Z10 > Q10 > Passport
    I think you might have put me on to something, Tom. Makes sense. I just noticed in "Yelp" settings that the "location services" switch is greyed out. That may be the culprit. Will investigate when I get a moment.
    Thanks for the excellent suggestion!
    12-23-14 09:14 AM
    I think you might have put me on to something, Tom. Makes sense. I just noticed in "Yelp" settings that the "location services" switch is greyed out. That may be the culprit. Will investigate when I get a moment.
    Thanks for the excellent suggestion!
    The way I figured it out was this: go to device monitor from the pull down quick settings. I would force close any running android apps that used location services. Then I would open BlackBerry maps ( or app from BlackBerry app world 'hello gps') to confirm gps was working. Then I would open each possible offending app to find the culprit.

Z10 > Q10 > Passport
    12-23-14 12:15 PM
    Well, I got it working. At least I know it's not hardware. Being an impatient kind, I just deleted all android apps with location/ GPS and tried again, and BB maps worked. Thanks.
    12-24-14 11:19 PM