Okay, trying leak 1055,
    Adding my email accounts, so the setup screen is different.
    I have a gmail account, so I type in my email and password. But next I see a message "this app would like to: view and manage your mail, manage your calendars, view and manage your contacts using the cardDAV protocol, ......"

Now, I only want gmail email, that's all. Where are the settings to set permissions for calendar and contact management? I don't what the app to do that.
    11-23-13 02:27 PM
    Okay, trying leak 1055,
    Adding my email accounts, so the setup screen is different.
    I have a gmail account, so I type in my email and password. But next I see a message "this app would like to: view and manage your mail, manage your calendars, view and manage your contacts using the cardDAV protocol, ......"

Now, I only want gmail email, that's all. Where are the settings to set permissions for calendar and contact management? I don't what the app to do that.
    Basically the BB10 device will create a "set" of services consisting of email, calendar and contacts.

You have two choices to accomplish what you want:
    1. After accepting the Access you can simply turn off synchronization of calendar and contacts on the next page.
    2. If you choose to accept the standard setting on the next page, you can later open the Google account and delete contacts and calendar services.

/JP
    11-23-13 02:41 PM
    Basically the BB10 device will create a "set" of services consisting of email, calendar and contacts.

You have two choices to accomplish what you want:
    1. After accepting the Access you can simply turn off synchronization of calendar and contacts on the next page.
    2. If you choose to accept the standard setting on the next page, you can later open the Google account and delete contacts and calendar services.

/JP
    There was no chance to say synchronization "off".

So, how and where exactly, I open the google account to delete contacts and calendar services?
    Is this something I do on my computer, or on the phone?
    Last edited by coolbold; 11-23-13 at 03:40 PM.
    11-23-13 03:03 PM
    There was no chance to say synchronization "off".

So, how and where exactly, I open the google account to delete contacts and calendar services?
    Is this something I do on my computer, or on the phone?
    You would delete the contacts and calendar sync with Gmail from your device. From the home screen, swipe down from the top, select Settings > Accounts. Tap your Gmail account. You should see it split into one sub-account for email, contacts and calendar. To get rid of one, tap calendar (for instance), then tap the trash can at the bottom of the "Edit Account" screen. Repeat for Contacts.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to have your calendar and contacts in sync between your Gmail account and your device, but this will allow you the control you're looking for...

Cheers, Ecm
    11-23-13 11:34 PM
    I would.

I want my contacts and calendar on my own infrastructure (on a Radicale server, which works perfectly) and not on Google -- at all.

Incidentally Radicale doesn't have problems with duplicating contacts either -- the fault with that appears to lie with Google, not with the phone. And if I control the server and certificate chain all the way back to the CA, I am much more-resistant to interception (including by the "Spookworks.")
    11-24-13 11:35 AM
    I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to have your calendar and contacts in sync between your Gmail account and your device, but this will allow you the control you're looking for...

Cheers, Ecm
    Some people would rather not put up their stuff in the cloud....
    11-25-13 10:01 AM