I was happy with this OS, until it decided to delete 2000+ messages from both my Gmail account Exchange account. I was just browsing the message list and saw it had only 3 messages in it. All my accounts are set to "sync forever", and I did not do a delete prior either. I found everything in my deleted items folder in my Outlook client on my PC and undeleted them, so they synced back up on the device, but it's scary to think that could happen. I have the delete confirmation turned on as well, so I know it didn't happen being in my pocket.
    08-10-13 03:13 PM
    wow that is scary and odd! I am glad you could atleast get them back
    08-10-13 03:15 PM
    Any system deletion options overrides confirmations. In other words, I'm not surprised, this is the second person to have this happen, and it's not an OS issue, it's doing what it's designed to do. One thing of caution with all OS installations whether leaked or official is default settings and settings available to you change constantly.
    08-10-13 03:23 PM
    I was happy with this OS, until it decided to delete 2000+ messages from both my Gmail account Exchange account. I was just browsing the message list and saw it had only 3 messages in it. All my accounts are set to "sync forever", and I did not do a delete prior either. I found everything in my deleted items folder in my Outlook client on my PC and undeleted them, so they synced back up on the device, but it's scary to think that could happen. I have the delete confirmation turned on as well, so I know it didn't happen being in my pocket.
    sync forever.. so dose that keep them longer the thirty days if so how and were did you set it up like that.
    08-10-13 03:29 PM
    Any system deletion options overrides confirmations. In other words, I'm not surprised, this is the second person to have this happen, and it's not an OS issue, it's doing what it's designed to do. One thing of caution with all OS installations whether leaked or official is default settings and settings available to you change constantly.
    No, I said that the delete confirmation was set to "ON", and I rechecked once again AFTER the mail was lost to ensure it had not changed.

So, unless it turned itself off, opened the message list from the home screen, moved the cursor up to the top of the list, selected "Delete Prior" and then turned itself back to the "ON" position once done, what happened to me IS NOT BY DESIGN. If you reread my OP, you'll see that too.

So, according to you, the OS should randomly delete all e-mail in one account? Is that what BB10 OS is really designed to do?

What do you mean when you say that a system deletion overrides confirmations? Please explain...
    08-10-13 05:23 PM
    sync forever.. so dose that keep them longer the thirty days if so how and were did you set it up like that.
    Select "Advanced" when setting up your e-mail account and when setting up the account, chose the "Forever" option for the Sync Timeframe.

If you don't go through the advanced setup, you can't actually do this. Once the account has been setup, you no longer have access to this option, as dumb as that sounds...(and it's pretty dumb)
    08-10-13 05:26 PM
    No, I said that the delete confirmation was set to "ON", and I rechecked once again AFTER the mail was lost to ensure it had not changed.

So, unless it turned itself off, opened the message list from the home screen, moved the cursor up to the top of the list, selected "Delete Prior" and then turned itself back to the "ON" position once done, what happened to me IS NOT BY DESIGN. If you reread my OP, you'll see that too.

So, according to you, the OS should randomly delete all e-mail in one account? Is that what BB10 OS is really designed to do?

What do you mean when you say that a system deletion overrides confirmations? Please explain...
    Again I will say, because the entire point of my post was to acknowledge that having the delete confirm on means beans... Literally... The delete confirmation is for user processes and commands only, so say for instance, let's imagine for a second you had a deletion and archival policy, when that triggers [which could be do to a misset variable, a general OS issue, et cetera...] that is run by the system. The system does not have to "confirm" its own actions. However, if the user initiates such a "event", as it would be called, then the system would seek confirmation prior to the operation.

So, I've re-read your OP, something tells me you need to re-read my post because while it may be hard to read [if English isn't someone's strong point] or it's pure shocking let me try and break it down:

1. Congrats your using the latest and greatest BlackBerry build available. Released only two days after it was built.
    2. Yes, beta OS builds have been known to do a lot of nasty things, including "randomly" [although that's your word not mine, nothing is random in my opinion] deleting all E-Mails in one account.
    3. NO that's not what BlackBerry is designed to do...
    4. DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT BLACKBERRY OR THEIR QUALITY WHEN YOU'RE RUNNING A LEAKED OS! [It really doesn't make one look educated...]
    5. Have some respect for those at BlackBerry and the work, most of it unfinished, that they do and we are enjoying.
    6. If stability and everything is so important to you stick to the official OS releases then complain when they fail you.

Now first the first time in weeks, I'm going to ask someone to take a seat...
    KermEd likes this.
    08-10-13 06:22 PM
    I don't think you have a clue -- you simply contradict yourself from one post to another. And here's a newsflash for ya - English being one's strong point isn't really a requirement when reading your posts. Patience however, is. According to you, the system is designed to delete e-mail randomly; that's what I get from your 1st post. Well done!

Oh and by the way - apparently, you did not read the notes on this OS version - it is NOT a leaked version. It is a release version. You can take up that argument with the OP on the release thread.

Enjoy that seat!
    Suraj Jadhav likes this.
    08-11-13 12:50 AM
    I don't think you have a clue -- you simply contradict yourself from one post to another. And here's a newsflash for ya - English being one's strong point isn't really a requirement when reading your posts. Patience however, is. According to you, the system is designed to delete e-mail randomly; that's what I get from your 1st post. Well done!

Oh and by the way - apparently, you did not read the notes on this OS version - it is NOT a leaked version. It is a release version. You can take up that argument with the OP on the release thread.

Enjoy that seat!

kwm1337 is one of the original members of the BerryLeaks team, so he knows very well about the release status of 1047 and he talks to the person (DarcyTallGuy) who posted that thread probably almost every day of the week.

However I'm still confused about both of your comments. Yes it is a leaked OS, no it's not a production or release OS in terms of the fact that no carrier nor BlackBerry has officially released it to the public.

On the other hand, it's still disturbing that something like this is happening, and it may well be a bug. If it is, it's a serious one, based on the description of the situation described by FBA, who is not simply any old end-user but is also a longtime BES administrator if I'm not mistaken.

Yes, leaked OS's often do have bugs. One doesn't need to suggest someone's education or understanding of the English language is lacking simply because they point out that a leaked OS may have a nasty bug.

What this *may* be is yet another example of a periodically-reported issue where Hub is apparently spontaneously deleting all messages in an email account that correspond to the sync timeframe period.

That was a serious issue when the longest sync timeframe was 30 days, it's a disastrous issue if it still occurs when users can now set the sync timeframe to "forever".

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...period-799867/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-mails-809615/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...emails-774335/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...server-768360/

There are some heated discussions going on on this issue over on the official Blackberry forums as well, I just have not had time to keep up with them over there recently.

There may be *some* cases where it had to do with someone mistakenly using "delete all prior" (which is not a difficult thing to do - that UI feature needs better protection), but FBA specifically pointed-out that he did not do that in this case.
    Last edited by Omnitech; 08-11-13 at 04:07 AM.
    toobs623 likes this.
    08-11-13 03:56 AM
    I understand it's not a carrier released version...and this is quoted from Darcy's original post:

"Here's the first full complete 10.2 for all devices including the STL100-1

Standard disclaimer, use at own risk. Please see FAQ in 2nd post.
    There are no pin numbers on the screen, this is a release version, not a leak.
    Autoloaders are all loaded now"

I have heard of the issue being reported in official OS's as well, like the cases you point out above. I've had my Z10 since the day they were released here in Canada, and like others, have seen many different bugs, but generally the same issues everyone else has had; nothing out of the ordinary. The bugs are/were consistent.

This is a bad one - not so much for me, as I'm quite able to address the situation, but I can only imagine it happening to someone who isn't able to deal with it, or doesn't have a backup to restore from (since we all know link doesn't really work well to begin with). The fact that it happened to me on 10.2 is one thing, but it is happening to others in official carrier releases. It's not quite as bad as the bricked 9900 syndrome, but it can be very disruptive!
    08-11-13 07:00 AM
    [SIZE=2][FONT=verdana]I understand it's not a carrier released version...and this is quoted from Darcy's original post:

"Here's the first full complete 10.2 for all devices including the STL100-1

Standard disclaimer, use at own risk. Please see FAQ in 2nd post.
    There are no pin numbers on the screen, this is a release version, not a leak.
    I just want to clarify things, yes it's a "release" version, however that said, it was a internal/carrier release not a public release. Release can mean a myrid of things, however, if it's not a OTA or something you can download from BlackBerry Link, it is thus a Leak or a Beta OS

I do understand your serious issue, and I won't speak to it, as I've never had it happen, nor do I fully comprehend the workings of BES.

Seeing as BlackBerry is already a good 10 builds ahead of this, it should be hopefully fixed, if it was caught

Posted via CB10
    08-11-13 11:25 AM
    I should add that I'm not on the BES. I setup our BES 10 long ago, but didn't like the outcome at the device level, so I moved off it. When I said "Enterprise e-mail", I meant EAS...and not making a big issue out of it as it's not really a problem for me, even if it should happen again.

Took me all of 3 minutes to fix it and repopulate the device. Might be an issue for others however...and that was really the only reason I posted up about it; that and to make sure that those in the know would be aware of it.
    08-11-13 12:49 PM
    ...complaining about bugs in an OS he isn't supposed to be running...
    I can't believe I actually need to say this to someone but...

Remove the OS you should never have installed and use the approved version from your carrier if you value the integrity of your phone.

*YOU* installed this yourself from some guy off a forum.

#justsayin

Edit: cut size down

Posted via CB from my LE
    08-11-13 01:01 PM
    Nice try....next time when you quote something, try quoting from something that was actually written in the same thread by the poster you're attempting to quote.

I never wrote what you quoted....looks like you dug up something just to troll with, unless you can find it i this thread. Also, if you have nothing constructive to say, then say nothing.

I wasn't asking for your help - or your opinion. Opinions are plentiful on the web. Intelligent ones apparently, are not.

Finished now?
    08-11-13 03:03 PM
    Nice try....next time when you quote something, try quoting from something that was actually written in the same thread by the poster you're attempting to quote.

I never wrote what you quoted....looks like you dug up something just to troll with, unless you can find it i this thread. Also, if you have nothing constructive to say, then say nothing.

I wasn't asking for your help - or your opinion. Opinions are plentiful on the web. Intelligent ones apparently, are not.

Finished now?
    You didn't get an opinion from me, the topic you're asking to be discussed is clearly out of your area of knowledge, therefore I dumbed it down for those who might not be up there in the technical knowledge. So you got a straightforward factual answer. It seems that you might be embarrassing for calling me and others out, when it turned out you were wrong. Trust me it doesn't matter, just don't ruin your reputation here over something so petty, and my recommendation is that you follow other people's advice as well as my own, leaks are not for you, if these issues bother you. Please refrain in the future...
    08-11-13 03:22 PM
    Might be an issue for others however...and that was really the only reason I posted up about it; that and to make sure that those in the know would be aware of it.

Given how popular leaks are these days in the BB10 community, and given the notorious software quality issues Blackberry continues to suffer from, it would certainly help if one had some assurance that writing threads on CB about issues encountered in leaks would result in some increased attention by Blackberry to those issues/problems/bugs.

The problem is, there is no real indication that is the case. While there are certainly some Blackberry employees who monitor what goes on at Crackberry on at least an informal basis, one cannot really expect any direct impact on the company's software development by any particular posts made here.

Which is a shame, because the crowd of people playing around with leaks - in many cases because they are disappointed in (or perhaps bored by) what is in the offing from official releases - is a significant potential resource.

Some corporate users are either significant ongoing Blackberry customers or on the beta program and thus have a more direct relationship with Blackberry along with designated inside contacts that they can report issues to. I'm guessing FBA at this point is working for a company that since they no longer run a BES, have no formal relationship with Blackberry any longer.

But given the marketshare issues Blackberry is currently struggling with, I would say the non-customers in many ways are more important to be listening to right now than the current customers, because those are the ones that you will learn the most from in terms of how to get them to be a customer.

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." --Bill Gates
    08-11-13 04:22 PM