Digging around the new Developer release and noticed something quite telling as to why the Dev Builds don't have the search feature enabled. Namely, BlackBerry is working on distinct voice personalities based on locale for the new Cortana/Siri killer voice assistant.

Here are some Nuance/file names with their respective file names. Am I on to something or just farting in the wind?

10.3 Will bring new Voice personalities-dqv1etd.png
    yvpan1, redsaph and smart548 like this.
    06-24-14 02:00 AM
    You're definitely on to something

Posted via CB10
    mikelcal likes this.
    06-24-14 02:06 AM
    The last two are definitely representative of Spanish from Spain and Spanish from Mexico. England gets Kate and US gets Ava... I want to see how this will interface with wolfram alpha... i guess we'll know soon enough..
    06-24-14 02:25 AM
    It will also leak a lot of data, some in clear text form.

Voice Control allows you to orally dictate text and/or give commands to your device, and have results provided to you (e.g. convert your spoken words into text) ("Responses"). When you use Voice Control, your voice instructions ("Audio Data") will be recorded and used to process your requests and to provide and improve the products and services available to you. In order to accurately recognize and process your requests, Audio Data, information about your contacts ("Contacts"), the names of applications and songs in your music playlist(s), location information (where available), and device-related information (collectively "User Data") may be sent to servers of BlackBerry Limited or its subsidiary companies and service providers ("BlackBerry"), and is subject to BlackBerry's Privacy Policy available at BlackBerry Legal Notices - US. Your Contacts will be sent to BlackBerry in encrypted form, but for performance reasons other User Data and Responses may be transmitted in an unencrypted format. Please review the Settings menu on your device if you wish to adjust applicable controls for location information or Voice Control.
    06-24-14 07:11 AM
    wow.. this is huge!

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-24-14 07:20 AM
    Interesting.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    06-24-14 07:21 AM