08-07-14 11:20 AM
44 12
tools
    Sitting in front of me, is a USB stick.

Within that USB stick is a folder, and within that folder is a collection of autoloaders for almost every single BlackBerry 10 device model on the market. The autoloaders are of yet-unreleased versions of OS 10.3. (newer than .700).

Its a veritable goldmine for leakers, but you won't see a leak certainly not from me and I want to tell you why.

Primarily, it comes down to a matter of respect.

I respect John Chen. I respect his leadership of BlackBerry. To be very honest, if BlackBerry wanted leaks to slip through the cracks and feed the ravenous crackberrians, they would have intentionally leaked the OS by now. That hasnt happened.

Its clear that Mr Chen believes its in the best interests for the company to contain leaks, at least in this season, and you know what? Im going to trust him. Trust him over my own ideas? Yep. Trust him over other forum users who believe leaks are good for BlackBerry? Yep. Why? Because he sits in a position unique to any of us. He can see where the BlackBerry ship is going. He knows whats on the horizon more than any of us, or any staff member for that matter. Who am I to disrespect his judgement?

Secondly, leaks dont feed the hungry.

I know as well as you do, if this version leaked today, there would be cries for the next version tomorrow. It doesnt end. Were always wanting the next thing. The rush is actually in the wanting, not the having. In some ways, Mr Chens halt of the leaks is actually driving up desire for the final product. We all want the final release of 10.3 myself included. Which brings me to my final point

The real deal is not far away.

We all know the final release of 10.3 and 10.3.1 isnt that far away, and it's going to be great. BlackBerry are working hard to polish the new operating system and the wait will be worth it. YES you can wait. Be patient. Wait just a little longer - good things come to those who wait

Theres a heap of practical reasons why leaks are bad for BlackBerry, and why waiting for the final product (after thorough testing) is the best for everyone, but I dont have the time or privilege to go into detail in this post.

Its important that you know that BlackBerry do have people testing 10.3. We are qualified people who test methodically and stringently and provide ample feedback for BlackBerry to work on. We are passionate lovers of BlackBerry and committed to the company. Were everyday people like you who love what BlackBerry do and how it works into our lives.

Were the very people who wont leak BlackBerrys work because we respect BlackBerry and its CEO John Chen, and we know the end result will be worth it and you're going to love the finished product.

Youre welcome

-Sarah .
    08-07-14 07:51 AM
    God what I want to say in reply to this would definitely get me banned for life.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3253 / T-Mobile USA
    habs_fan, Avikar, bibbula and 14 others like this.
    08-07-14 10:00 AM
    I should make a thread saying i have something (which most likely I don't) and say you can't have it

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 10:01 AM
    I respect you and hate you at the same time, OP.....

Posted via CB10
    00stryder and moody like this.
    08-07-14 10:07 AM

Within that USB stick is a folder, and within that folder is a collection of autoloaders for almost every single BlackBerry 10 device model on the market. The autoloaders are of yet-unreleased versions of OS 10.3. (newer than .700).

It’s a veritable goldmine for leakers, but you won't see a leak – certainly not from me – and I want to tell you why.

I respect John Chen. I respect his leadership of BlackBerry. To be very honest, if BlackBerry wanted leaks to slip through the cracks and feed the ravenous crackberrians, they would have intentionally leaked the OS by now. That hasn’t happened.

It’s clear that Mr Chen believes it’s in the best interests for the company to contain leaks, at least in this season, and you know what? I’m going to trust him. Trust him over my own ideas? Yep. Trust him over other forum users who believe leaks are good for BlackBerry? Yep. Why? Because he sits in a position unique to any of us. He can see where the BlackBerry ship is going. He knows what’s on the horizon more than any of us, or any staff member for that matter. Who am I to disrespect his judgement?

Secondly, leaks don’t feed the hungry.

I know as well as you do, if this version leaked today, there would be cries for the next version tomorrow. It doesn’t end. We’re always wanting the next thing. The rush is actually in the wanting, not the having. In some ways, Mr Chen’s halt of the leaks is actually driving up desire for the final product. We all want the final release of 10.3 – myself included. Which brings me to my final point

We all know the final release of 10.3 and 10.3.1 isn’t that far away, and it's going to be great. BlackBerry are working hard to polish the new operating system and the wait will be worth it. YES you can wait. Be patient. Wait just a little longer - good things come to those who wait

There’s a heap of practical reasons why leaks are bad for BlackBerry, and why waiting for the final product (after thorough testing) is the best for everyone, but I don’t have the time or privilege to go into detail in this post.

It’s important that you know that BlackBerry do have people testing 10.3. We are qualified people who test methodically and stringently and provide ample feedback for BlackBerry to work on. We are passionate lovers of BlackBerry and committed to the company. We’re everyday people like you who love what BlackBerry do and how it works into our lives.

We’re the very people who won’t leak BlackBerry’s work – because we respect BlackBerry and it’s CEO John Chen, and we know the end result will be worth it and you're going to love the finished product.

You’re welcome

-Sarah .
    Good Luck for Blackberry... Today I don't use BB anymore because nothing too look forward anymore. Leak is what make it fun for a while, but since its dry up nothing to do with it anymore. Since BBM is now on iOS and Android, and it working great... BB is again became obsolete...

So NO LEAK NO FUN... I believe professional tester doesn't work because they just testing it but leak will help bring many error and bugs fixed. Maybe BB should begin leaking through BETA instead....
    jimpilot likes this.
    08-07-14 10:11 AM
    So when will you leak the OS OP?

Posted via CB10
    moody and snapexp like this.
    08-07-14 10:13 AM

Its a veritable goldmine for leakers, but you won't see a leak certainly not from me and I want to tell you why.

I respect John Chen. I respect his leadership of BlackBerry. To be very honest, if BlackBerry wanted leaks to slip through the cracks and feed the ravenous crackberrians, they would have intentionally leaked the OS by now. That hasnt happened.

Its clear that Mr Chen believes its in the best interests for the company to contain leaks, at least in this season, and you know what? Im going to trust him. Trust him over my own ideas? Yep. Trust him over other forum users who believe leaks are good for BlackBerry? Yep. Why? Because he sits in a position unique to any of us. He can see where the BlackBerry ship is going. He knows whats on the horizon more than any of us, or any staff member for that matter. Who am I to disrespect his judgement?

Secondly, leaks dont feed the hungry.

I know as well as you do, if this version leaked today, there would be cries for the next version tomorrow. It doesnt end. Were always wanting the next thing. The rush is actually in the wanting, not the having. In some ways, Mr Chens halt of the leaks is actually driving up desire for the final product. We all want the final release of 10.3 myself included. Which brings me to my final point

We all know the final release of 10.3 and 10.3.1 isnt that far away, and it's going to be great. BlackBerry are working hard to polish the new operating system and the wait will be worth it. YES you can wait. Be patient. Wait just a little longer - good things come to those who wait

Theres a heap of practical reasons why leaks are bad for BlackBerry, and why waiting for the final product (after thorough testing) is the best for everyone, but I dont have the time or privilege to go into detail in this post.

Its important that you know that BlackBerry do have people testing 10.3. We are qualified people who test methodically and stringently and provide ample feedback for BlackBerry to work on. We are passionate lovers of BlackBerry and committed to the company. Were everyday people like you who love what BlackBerry do and how it works into our lives.

Were the very people who wont leak BlackBerrys work because we respect BlackBerry and its CEO John Chen, and we know the end result will be worth it and you're going to love the finished product.

Youre welcome

-Sarah .
    Out of interest, why did you create autoloaders? Or are you telling me you received them in that format?

Something smells...

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 10:15 AM
    Respect
    08-07-14 10:19 AM
    Don't have a problem with not leaking it. The morally superior "hey look at me and how great I am respecting John Chen like he is Jim Jones" thing going on, I do have a problem with.

The whole post just singes my shorts.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3253 / T-Mobile USA
    Last edited by Doggerz; 08-07-14 at 10:30 AM.
    bibbula, thurask, jimpilot and 5 others like this.
    08-07-14 10:19 AM
    Great. Another nanny nanny boo boo thread.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.700
    jimpilot, moody and Joao Oliveira like this.
    08-07-14 10:28 AM
    Could you people please show some respect, for an individual who doesn't come here as an egotistical , and instead provides a well written explanation for what's going on in the world of leaks?
    08-07-14 10:30 AM
    Good Luck for Blackberry... Today I don't use BB anymore because nothing too look forward anymore. Leak is what make it fun for a while, but since its dry up nothing to do with it anymore. Since BBM is now on iOS and Android, and it working great... BB is again became obsolete...

So NO LEAK NO FUN... I believe professional tester doesn't work because they just testing it but leak will help bring many error and bugs fixed. Maybe BB should begin leaking through BETA instead....
    Farewell. You were part of the problem.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    08-07-14 10:33 AM
    OP,

Just curious.

Where do you live?

Where do you store this USB stick?

Again, just curious.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, jimpilot, moody and 7 others like this.
    08-07-14 10:36 AM
    No leak no fun
    08-07-14 10:36 AM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and moody like this.
    08-07-14 10:37 AM
    While I respect your opinion on leaks I think dangling the bait was unnecessary. You are just stirring the pot by doing so.

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 10:37 AM
    OP,

Just curious.

Where do you live?

Where do you store this USB stick?

Again, just curious.

Posted via CB10
    His name is "lawguyman," seems legit. I think you can trust him.

Posted via CB10
    moody, Elite1, spikesolie and 1 others like this.
    08-07-14 10:40 AM
    Anyone care to explain why they would be autoloaders?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 10:42 AM
    His name is "lawguyman," seems legit. I think you can trust him.

Posted via CB10
    I can confirm. I'm very trustworthy.

Posted via CB10
    moody and Gearheadaddy like this.
    08-07-14 10:42 AM
    Anyone care to explain why they would be autoloaders?

Posted via CB10
    What else would be on a USB stick?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 10:43 AM
    why autoloaders if the 10.3.0.710 and up OS's are done ota? which the os cant be pulled from the phone(am i correct?)

Posted Using My amazing Q5 running 10.3
    08-07-14 10:44 AM
    As I respect your opinion, not sure why you posted it unless someone asked. I think just posting it, letting people know there are possible leaks out there, might just drive them nuts. IMO the best reason not to leak is so that the competiters do not get an early look at BB's inovation / new features, why give them a head start.
    08-07-14 10:45 AM
    Well, this thread is not going to be good.

Posted via CB10
    00stryder, Doggerz and moody like this.
    08-07-14 10:47 AM
    To be honest, leaks are fun...more importantly, it makes us to be bonding with BlackBerry. it was well those leaks that helped us see the hope and enable us to last till today ...and introduce BB to friends and colleagues...

Posted via CB10
    08-07-14 10:48 AM
    Hey hey look at me look at me... why won't anyone pay attention to my posts? oh I know what to do, I have what you want but I'm better than the rest of you and won't release it...

You that morally high, format your USB stick since what you have in your hands is stolen property and someone as perfect as you should feel comfortable with it in you possession. Once you format the USB, ask the mods to delete this thread as it would no longer be of value.

Pfff

A slow climb to the top is always more rewarding. Sent using my BlackBerry Z10.
    08-07-14 10:51 AM
44 12