75 123
tools
    04-07-15 01:45 PM
    Where's the beef with the Red Sox?
    They sold it in 1919.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2582
    Blacklatino and kbz1960 like this.
    04-07-15 02:05 PM
    WOW... most of the responses here come across as mob rule.... Is this what CB has come too? Serious Q...
    04-07-15 02:15 PM
    When traveling to visit family I got an opportunity to do a heads up competition between Cortana, Siri and BB assistant. BB assistant was by FAR more accurate. It has less witty and comical responses than Siri but required only 1 attempt every time and understood regular speech and expressions better. Cortana was absolutely useless in all our tests.
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    04-07-15 02:22 PM
    Wait until he tries windows 8..........
    SeeBeeEss and Cynycl like this.
    04-07-15 02:31 PM
    He just installed 10.3.1 using Sachesi, he has done something no IOS owner will ever do and most Android owner will dare to. Ladies and gentlemen he just tasted the beef, he just don't know how it taste. But he Will develop and addiction to its flavor. Welcome to BlackBerry Real World.

Posted from the all mighty Z30 10.3.1.2708
    surgeon1919 and BCITMike like this.
    04-07-15 03:20 PM
    I can see where he is coming from. On the weekend, a friend with iPad mini wanted help to download some meditation mp3's to listen on iPad on loop.

So I said, "easy, just long press the link and save as".

* confusion all around *

I had NO CLUE that iPad and iPhone were THIS locked down. I went on a tirade around the house.

She also asked for help to open a zip of pictures. I told her I had no problems on my phone. I had no idea you couldn't open an attachment without 3rd party app. So the hunt began, and we gave up twenty minutes later, she'll just do it at home with iTunes.

So somewhere on an apple forum, this same thread exists but bitches over:
    - no SD slot
    - no usable nfc
    - no proper filesystem
    - no proper multitasking

Also, the lag on her mini iPad was similar or worse than the PlayBook. It was frustrating clicking on things and having to wait seconds to know if it registered the press or not.

Posted via CB10
    Greened likes this.
    04-07-15 04:08 PM
    So, OP, if you don't like 10.3.1.xxxx, do you like the former 10.2.1? And if you like it better you can always revert back to that older OS. If it is just about BB10 in general that you hate maybe check out this site from August 2014: The World's Best Mobile OS | Digit.in

The tests by this group were very comprehensive and BB10 fared VERY well against iOS, Android and WP. I think, you have just not given bb10 a fair chance.
    LOL..
    04-07-15 04:22 PM
    This guy wanted attention, I guess he doesn't have a GF... or BF.

Or the very iPhone that he's talking about!

via ZEDThree
    04-07-15 04:59 PM
    No.
    Snap allows direct installation of 'compatible' android apps. Same than Amazon store but with a wider selection. Yet nothing is tested so you have to rely on others' experience... or try.

Posted via CB10
    How do you load Google Play?
    04-07-15 05:08 PM
    This guy wanted attention, I guess he doesn't have a GF... or BF.

Or the very iPhone that he's talking about!

via ZEDThree
    I've been inquiring abt what ppl like or find meaningfully beneficial abt this update. Blend doesn't do it for me. I said I like the programmable hard keys. I already was able to side load Android Apps thru SNAP. I guess the point, which went for a disaster initially to problematic, is now better, although nothing like the trackpad.

Now, I don't have any sound notifications for any of my emails or texts...?
    04-07-15 05:11 PM
    LOL..
    I think I like this version better: I've indicated the benefits that seem like a productivity improvement to me, but I'm just learning what's new here.
    04-07-15 05:13 PM
    How do you load Google Play?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=985344

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 05:17 PM
    The waiting on AT&T has nothing to do with BlackBerry. They still haven't rolled out lollipop to the galaxy S4 yet.
    Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    I think it's such a sad story that Blackberry is so irrelevant that it has lost any leverage with its carriers, and its carriers don't care about Blackberry customers, because we're such a dot on the landscape. I don't know what At&T's hangup is, but I presume Chen and Blackberry could possibly pay/motivate the carriers to accelerate their update intros.
    04-07-15 05:18 PM
    For Select More, choose it first and then the messages. This way you won't have to scroll.
    That helps...thanks!
    Gordash likes this.
    04-07-15 05:22 PM
    Brilliant! Carry on
    04-07-15 08:27 PM
    I think it's such a sad story that Blackberry is so irrelevant that it has lost any leverage with its carriers, and its carriers don't care about Blackberry customers, because we're such a dot on the landscape. I don't know what At&T's hangup is, but I presume Chen and Blackberry could possibly pay/motivate the carriers to accelerate their update intros.
    What does the fact that AT&T hasn't pushed out Lollipop (which came out in Nov) for the Galaxy S4 yet say about Samsung?

As a matter of fact, on March 2nd, only 3.3% of all Android devices were running Lollipop.

BlackBerry has made this new OS available for every device it has ever sold, going back over two years. Pretty decent in my books.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Last edited by conite; 04-07-15 at 09:26 PM.
    04-07-15 08:54 PM
    10.3: Where's the Beef-emoticon-eating-popcorn-mh900437984.jpg
    Blacklatino and Superfly_FR like this.
    04-08-15 09:28 AM
    So OP are you a professional troll or an amateur one?

I hope you at least were paid for your efforts. But you really need to work on your credibility.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    Greened and Danny Ocean like this.
    04-08-15 09:48 AM
    It's a sad story that Google doesn't have the leverage to push the updates to the customer directly either. Manufacturers pay carriers by supplying devices that sell. Hopefully it is the year of the turnaround
    04-08-15 10:36 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wherestheBeef.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	190.9 KB 
ID:	346197
    10.3: Where's the Beef-untitled.png
    04-08-15 12:42 PM
    It's a sad story that Google doesn't have the leverage to push the updates to the customer directly either.
    No one does except Apple. And they used the tactic of "You want to carry the iPhone? Fine - this is how it's gonna be."

Everyone else, who's been in the game longer and didn't have an individual product that hot is stuck with contractual limitations.

Despite the rhetoric around here, BlackBerry is actually pretty good about getting updates out in spite of the constraints.
    04-08-15 03:51 PM
    Ok. When you want mobile game console, go to Android. When you want half-profi device well working with all Apple-only devices, go to Apple things. When you want device not-good-working with Windows desktop, go to MS Windows Phone. For people who need professional work device - we have BlackBerry.
    04-08-15 04:00 PM
    The rate of which this guy learns, adapts, and understands information is something to be admired. Not mocked. Shame on you.
    Well put
    04-08-15 04:02 PM
    What does the fact that AT&T hasn't pushed out Lollipop (which came out in Nov) for the Galaxy S4 yet say about Samsung?

As a matter of fact, on March 2nd, only 3.3% of all Android devices were running Lollipop.

BlackBerry has made this new OS available for every device it has ever sold, going back over two years. Pretty decent in my books.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    People don't even want Lolipop.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    04-08-15 05:24 PM
75 123