04-08-15 05:24 PM
75 123
tools
    Google stuff, is called Google Play services, tough,we all get it, we all live with it
    Last edited by paulwallace1234; 04-07-15 at 10:28 AM.
    04-07-15 07:44 AM
    Wow...come asking for advice and seeking perspective on where and what's so good about this release, and get a wet sourpuss feedback.
    It's all in the delivery...
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-07-15 07:45 AM
    Wow...come asking for advice and seeking perspective on where and what's so good about this release, and get a wet sourpuss feedback.
    No. You said BB10 was a flawed and outdated OS, and BlackBerry flounders and will soon not exist. This after only a few hours on 10.3.1, which apparently has no beef.

You are on a BlackBerry fan site. Do you not think that might be a tad confrontational?

What kind of feedback did you expect?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-07-15 07:46 AM
    Google stuff, is called Google Play services, tough,we all get it, we all love with it
    Well, Google is a pretty big deal of a company, so I'd pay whatever the ransom is to get into bed with them and have the full benefit of whatever the do/develop/operate.
    04-07-15 07:51 AM
    Well, Google is a pretty big deal of a company, so I'd pay whatever the ransom is to get into bed with them and have the full benefit of whatever the do/develop/operate.
    To get Google Play Services, you have to be a member of the OHA. Membership requires, among other things, that Android is the primary OS (no fork or runtime), and that Google Play Store is the primary/default app store. Obviously this can't happen.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    bungaboy likes this.
    04-07-15 07:56 AM
    You would allow all of your data be used and sold for a profit just to use an map app...when others are available?? Wowsa

Classically Posted.
    04-07-15 07:56 AM
    No. You said BB10 was a flawed and outdated OS, and BlackBerry flounders and will soon not exist. This after only a few hours on 10.3.1, which apparently has no beef.

You are on a BlackBerry fan site. Do you not think that might be a tad confrontational?

What kind of feedback did you expect?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Yes, I'm resentful that blackberry has fallen so far out of touch from it's core audience...but I really am looking for what people fund are the best features, after having read reviews and comments on BB10.3.1, I would have thought this would have been more of a leap ahead. I can't tell you how often I get comments about how silly it is to still even have a Blackberry, that when they come out with something and it continues to miss the mark or flounder, it's frustrating. But mostly, with this thread, I'm looking for people to highlight what they think is most useful/helpful abt this upgrade...especially after spending hours trying to load it...and to think blackberry can't even get AT&T to release it's official version after how many months? Shame on Blackberry to make their customers wait so long...I finally got fed up and decided I'd try and sideload it, not knowing if it's wipe out my data and formats, or mess things up...but I would have much preferred an official release many moons ago.
    04-07-15 07:58 AM
    With your melodrama, you're surprised?
    04-07-15 07:59 AM
    Yes, I'm resentful that blackberry has fallen so far out of touch from it's core audience...but I really am looking for what people fund are the best features, after having read reviews and comments on BB10.3.1, I would have thought this would have been more of a leap ahead. I can't tell you how often I get comments about how silly it is to still even have a Blackberry, that when they come out with something and it continues to miss the mark or flounder, it's frustrating. But mostly, with this thread, I'm looking for people to highlight what they think is most useful/helpful abt this upgrade...especially after spending hours trying to load it...and to think blackberry can't even get AT&T to release it's official version after how many months? Shame on Blackberry to make their customers wait so long...I finally got fed up and decided I'd try and sideload it, not knowing if it's wipe out my data and formats, or mess things up...but I would have much preferred an official release many moons ago.
    The waiting on AT&T has nothing to do with BlackBerry. They still haven't rolled out lollipop to the galaxy S4 yet.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-07-15 08:02 AM
    ..and to think blackberry can't even get AT&T to release it's official version after how many months? Shame on Blackberry to make their customers wait so long
    As frustrating as it is, what exactly would you do about it if you were in Chen's shoes? AT&T is gonna release when AT&T wants to release it.

Please don't say
    * "Do what Apple does". Apple is the only manufacturer that can push out updates when they want because they saw what other manufacturers went through with carrier certification requirements and made this a point in their contract, using the stance of "do you want to carry the iPhone" as leverage.

* "Pressure AT&T". BlackBerry doesn't sell a lot of their units in the USA so AT&T puts them at the back of the queue.

If you have the answer to how to solve this, please send your resume to careers@blackberry.com and tell them how you're "the man with the plan!" A lot of people in the USA would benefit greatly if you could solve this problem.

To me, this qualifies as a "yeah, it sucks balls, but I'm not sure what can be done about it".

Sorta like the problem with native apps.
    04-07-15 08:05 AM
    So, OP, if you don't like 10.3.1.xxxx, do you like the former 10.2.1? And if you like it better you can always revert back to that older OS. If it is just about BB10 in general that you hate maybe check out this site from August 2014: The World's Best Mobile OS | Digit.in

The tests by this group were very comprehensive and BB10 fared VERY well against iOS, Android and WP. I think, you have just not given bb10 a fair chance.
    codeslinga likes this.
    04-07-15 08:31 AM
    Op listen I've been on Qnx os since the PlayBook and on my third Bb10 phone am I must say that 10.3 is very good the os has matured very well and with every update it seems to get better my suggestion to you is do a little more reading ask questions if u don't know because the Cb community is very helpful don't post nonsense like this

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 08:35 AM
    I spent more time to copy/paste than find these with "new 10.3.1" in the CB homepage search box. It's only a partial selection, so maybe - since you said you made researches - you want to help yourself for further items.

Top 5 new features coming with BlackBerry 10.3.1 | CrackBerry.com
    A quick look at some new features coming in BlackBerry 10.3.1 | CrackBerry.com
    What's new in BlackBerry OS 10.3.1 | CrackBerry.com

Try this : Search | CrackBerry.com

And, to be honest, I for one lost totally track of what 10.2.x was and what was enhanced/added/moded/deleted ... I just have what I want now and expect some further goodies. Each upgrade led me in a smoother direction; that I'm able to remind.
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 04-07-15 at 09:02 AM.
    Greened likes this.
    04-07-15 08:48 AM
    For Select More, choose it first and then the messages. This way you won't have to scroll.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-07-15 09:53 AM
    If you want the Google app store load aptoide, you get everything, even working updates
    04-07-15 10:15 AM
    Thing is, BlackBerry Probably aren't prepared to integrate it, probably for security reasons knowing BB
    04-07-15 10:29 AM
    I guess I stumbled into an old thread about sideloading a 10.3.1 update. I was unable to dollow those instruction and I expressed problems as it hung up on the install. I wasn't sure if it was really hanging up or just taking a long time to install, but now I know the install never started. I stumbled across a YouTube video of a Sachesi install, and a couple/few hours later, I got 10.3.1 up and running.

Blaze, when I was referring to the screen seeming smaller, I was not talking about the icons on the home screen being smaller, which is an improvement, as it adds more real estate for more home screen icons, which is good. But I seem to have less real estate for texts, between the size and layout of texts and the formating bar or whatever you call it at the bottom, the visual area for texts seems much smaller.

I am looking forward to assigning commands to keys. That's a step forward into the old days of what was good about Blackberry.

The Virtual Assistant seems unable to do many tasks correctly, and I don't have a heavy accent of any kind, so I'm disappointed: I thought we'd get something as good as if not better than Siri. I suppose its lookup or search feature got better.

Perhaps the camera is better. I'll have to take some pics. A better camera would be much appreciated.

I find the "Select More" check box required to highlight multiple texts or emails for deletion has been moved down from the from screen to where I have to scroll to apply it frustrating, in that it adds another step. Maybe there's a way to set the order of those tasks so that Select more appears up top or more centrally.

The fact that Andriod Apps which require use of Google Maps or Google Play or whatever don't work is a significant frustration.

I was expecting more and better and I seem to find that there are some changes, but few are meaningfully more and better -- so, I'm still looking for the beef.

The hard keyboard is the reason I still have and use this device. The small screen is really starting to become an issue when I see what people can do and how they can take advantage of a larger screen...but this is the device I have and the reviews of the Passport, from it's square size and lack of single handed operability, to its significant camera issues/problems, make it sound unappealing. Plus you can't replace its battery, which I thought was a Blackberry standard and a big advantage over other devices. I think an iphone6 sized Blackberry with a hard keyboard would be step forward, but they went with a square Passport-sized device and there goes that.
    wouldn't an iphone 6 size phone with keyboard be closer to the classic size?

anyway, real estate can be found on the z30.. I really recommend this device if you want to stick with bb10... although reading that the keybopard has kept you with BB, then maybe the classic is worth a shot
    04-07-15 10:29 AM
    ......and Blackberry as a company flounders and will cease to exist soon.
    Ok. Obviously, BlackBerry isn't for everyone and the door to either stay with BlackBerry or move on for various reasons swings both ways......but, this.....

.........again?

Last edited by Blacklatino; 04-07-15 at 11:40 AM.
    04-07-15 10:36 AM
    I don't get it? I am so underwhelmed.

BlackBerry flails and fails again.

Ok, so we don't have to sideload Android Apps, because we have Amazon Apps, but many Android Apps don't work. Ugh.

Well, suck that up, no better.

Then, we'll, the pointer/editing thing sucked, and now there's different...I suppose if I learn maybe it will be better...but it really is below grade.

Voice App: come on, compared to Siri, this is garbage. It can't even text and call properly, but it's no big upgrade and nowhere near Siri.

The result seems to be a big yawn.

What am I missing. I still have hard keys, but butter my tiny screen seems to have become smaller.

Then there's iPhone 6. Just doesn't have a hard keyboard, except for $75 you can buy one, but not as wide or agile. The Passport has this same outdated and flawed OS, but a bulkier/more awkward keyboard.

And Blackberry as a company flounders and will cease to exist soon.

But I still ask: where's the beef with this 10.3? What makes it so exciting?

Posted via CB10
    I carry an iPhone 5 daily and it has the newest iOS 8 release on it and every day I ask myself about iPhone "where's the beef with this iOS8/iPhone? What makes it so exciting?" Seriously? BlackBerry 10 is a WAY BETTER OS than iOS. Get real! If you don't like it, buy another device and keep it moving!
    muindor likes this.
    04-07-15 10:57 AM
    If you want the Google app store load aptoide, you get everything, even working updates
    If you want Google app store, you can also install it. Many of us have it on our BB10.
    Search "Blackberry play store". 3 files and you are up and running.

But OP is all over the place.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 11:57 AM
    So, umm... Why don't you go buy an Android phone and use that if you desire Google Services so much? Why hang around complaining about BlackBerry when the thing you want so much is readily available and waiting for you with open arms??
    mk2234 likes this.
    04-07-15 11:59 AM
    Is Snap and the Google App Store the same thing? If so, won't work with Google location services.
    04-07-15 12:00 PM
    So, umm... Why don't you go buy an Android phone and use that if you desire Google Services so much? Why hang around complaining about BlackBerry when the thing you want so much is readily available and waiting for you with open arms??
    I like the keyboard.
    04-07-15 12:01 PM
    There are some android phones with keyboard, such as the LG Optimus F3Q.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-15 12:06 PM
    Is Snap and the Google App Store the same thing? If so, won't work with Google location services.
    No.
    Snap allows direct installation of 'compatible' android apps. Same than Amazon store but with a wider selection. Yet nothing is tested so you have to rely on others' experience... or try.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    04-07-15 12:32 PM
75 123