04-08-15 05:24 PM
75 123
tools
    I don't get it? I am so underwhelmed.

BlackBerry flails and fails again.

Ok, so we don't have to sideload Android Apps, because we have Amazon Apps, but many Android Apps don't work. Ugh.

Well, suck that up, no better.

Then, we'll, the pointer/editing thing sucked, and now there's different...I suppose if I learn maybe it will be better...but it really is below grade.

Voice App: come on, compared to Siri, this is garbage. It can't even text and call properly, but it's no big upgrade and nowhere near Siri.

The result seems to be a big yawn.

What am I missing. I still have hard keys, but butter my tiny screen seems to have become smaller.

Then there's iPhone 6. Just doesn't have a hard keyboard, except for $75 you can buy one, but not as wide or agile. The Passport has this same outdated and flawed OS, but a bulkier/more awkward keyboard.

And Blackberry as a company flounders and will cease to exist soon.

But I still ask: where's the beef with this 10.3? What makes it so exciting?

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 09:23 PM
    but butter my tiny screen seems to have become smaller.
    Actually, your screen has perceptively gotten larger. Icon sizes were reduced, allowing for more space. But I digress. I've looked at you post history and basing my own personal opinion off of that, nothing anyone says to you is going to make you feel better. You've disliked BB10 for a while now so I doubt 10.3 would change your mind there.
    04-06-15 09:33 PM
    You're right, BlackBerry 10 sucks. You should jump ship, I hear good things about that Android thing.
    04-06-15 09:34 PM
    10.3: Where's the Beef-beef.jpg

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 09:51 PM
    OP, 5 hours ago you had no idea what a Blitz install was, was lurking in an ancient leak thread, got some help you claimed you did not understand at all, then minutes later somehow downloaded a recent 10.3.1 OS and got it set up and running.

Miraculously, only a few short hours later, you are now ready to post your review?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    04-06-15 09:56 PM
    OP, 5 hours ago you had no idea what a Blitz install was, was lurking in an ancient leak thread, got some help you claimed you did not understand at all, then minutes later somehow downloaded a recent 10.3.1 OS and got it set up and running.

Miraculously, only a few short hours later, you are now ready to post your review?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    The rate of which this guy learns, adapts, and understands information is something to be admired. Not mocked. Shame on you.
    04-06-15 10:09 PM
    Hmmmmm

Posted via CB10
    04-06-15 10:23 PM
    Lol
    04-06-15 11:01 PM
    Where's the beef with the Red Sox?
    04-06-15 11:02 PM
    Sounds like he needs a dev OS and some sandpaper, that should resolve his screen issues.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.2.281
    04-06-15 11:04 PM
    The rate of which this guy learns, adapts, and understands information is something to be admired. Not mocked. Shame on you.
    Sometimes I swear I'm on Reddit and not CB lately.

Z10 10.3.1.2267 via CB10
    04-06-15 11:16 PM
    BTW. It's 10.3.1.

Via CB10 Rockin PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-06-15 11:24 PM
    Is this real life ?
    04-06-15 11:27 PM
    Well, as others said, there is probably no pleasing you regardless so the only reason I will post here is in case someone stumbles in here actually really wondering if 10.3.1 was much improved. And yes, it was. Keyboard shortcuts is a huge one for me. For anyone who didn't have a Passport or Classic, having access to BlackBerry Blend is a huge addition. The camera has been improved drastically and panorama is a nice feature to have now built in.

Perhaps you meant to phrase your question differently. And, if not, I think it's more appropriate to ask "WHAT is your beef with 10.3.1? It's pretty great!"

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-06-15 11:39 PM
    First World Problems......lmao!!!
    jpoq likes this.
    04-06-15 11:56 PM
    Come on guys! Why too much hate on BB10??! I'm completely happy and comfortable with BB10 and not gonna give it up!
    Said with no bigotry!
    04-07-15 05:51 AM
    Come on guys! Why too much hate on BB10??! I'm completely happy and comfortable with BB10 and not gonna give it up!
    Queue the Rick Astley

OP if this isn't a device you're happy with go get an Android and be done with it. Meanwhile productive grownups will maximize the efficiency of these devices.

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and hellomoto921 like this.
    04-07-15 06:27 AM
    Queue the Rick Astley

OP if this isn't a device you're happy with go get an Android and be done with it. Meanwhile productive grownups will maximize the efficiency of these devices.

Posted via CB10
    I'll never go Android, never!
    04-07-15 06:30 AM
    Queue the Rick Astley

Posted via CB10
    Many have and many more will as BlackBerry starts to support Android better then BB10.
    Soon Android and IOS users will be able to use the very items BB10 does. The Hub. The calender etc..

Your wish is coming true!

HTC One M9 & BlackBerry Z10 via Verizon
    04-07-15 06:40 AM
    The OP gives me gas.

10.3: Where's the Beef-img_20150322_031120_edit_edit.png

Classically Posted.
    bungaboy, RubenDM and filanto like this.
    04-07-15 07:28 AM
    I guess I stumbled into an old thread about sideloading a 10.3.1 update. I was unable to dollow those instruction and I expressed problems as it hung up on the install. I wasn't sure if it was really hanging up or just taking a long time to install, but now I know the install never started. I stumbled across a YouTube video of a Sachesi install, and a couple/few hours later, I got 10.3.1 up and running.

Blaze, when I was referring to the screen seeming smaller, I was not talking about the icons on the home screen being smaller, which is an improvement, as it adds more real estate for more home screen icons, which is good. But I seem to have less real estate for texts, between the size and layout of texts and the formating bar or whatever you call it at the bottom, the visual area for texts seems much smaller.

I am looking forward to assigning commands to keys. That's a step forward into the old days of what was good about Blackberry.

The Virtual Assistant seems unable to do many tasks correctly, and I don't have a heavy accent of any kind, so I'm disappointed: I thought we'd get something as good as if not better than Siri. I suppose its lookup or search feature got better.

Perhaps the camera is better. I'll have to take some pics. A better camera would be much appreciated.

I find the "Select More" check box required to highlight multiple texts or emails for deletion has been moved down from the from screen to where I have to scroll to apply it frustrating, in that it adds another step. Maybe there's a way to set the order of those tasks so that Select more appears up top or more centrally.

The fact that Andriod Apps which require use of Google Maps or Google Play or whatever don't work is a significant frustration.

I was expecting more and better and I seem to find that there are some changes, but few are meaningfully more and better -- so, I'm still looking for the beef.

The hard keyboard is the reason I still have and use this device. The small screen is really starting to become an issue when I see what people can do and how they can take advantage of a larger screen...but this is the device I have and the reviews of the Passport, from it's square size and lack of single handed operability, to its significant camera issues/problems, make it sound unappealing. Plus you can't replace its battery, which I thought was a Blackberry standard and a big advantage over other devices. I think an iphone6 sized Blackberry with a hard keyboard would be step forward, but they went with a square Passport-sized device and there goes that.
    04-07-15 07:29 AM
    04-07-15 07:31 AM

CB10'n it....via da Z30
    04-07-15 07:33 AM
    Nope...still don't believe a word of it. Please try again.

Classically Posted.
    SeeBeeEss, bungaboy and Greened like this.
    04-07-15 07:34 AM
    Wow...come asking for advice and seeking perspective on where and what's so good about this release, and get a wet sourpuss feedback.
    04-07-15 07:39 AM
75 123