It's something that's not red

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 10:43 AM
    I'm still hoping for hot pink.
    Superfly_FR and Nharzhool like this.
    04-09-14 11:05 AM
    "Images from URL" on the roadmap, does that mean it would show a preview image instead of a URL? or am i understanding that wrong
    04-09-14 11:06 AM
    Doesn't look like 10.3 to me..the 10.3 has a flatter design (yea, I know the leak is an alpha build) however, the flat design won't be scrapped altogether... also, is it just me or does that look shopped? The search result boxes look pixelated... and the alignment is a bit off...
    Even if this isn't fake, this looks more like a 10.2.2 build with the option to change gradients.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 261788
    sam299 likes this.
    04-09-14 11:09 AM
    I can see three negative points to this change as well. First, red is the colour of error and warning. Too much red may conflict with system messages that use red too. Second, red is a fairly aggressive and noticeable colour, when compared with a more calming blue. It could draw attention away from what matters. Third, BlackBerry should consider carefully whether a colour change is worth disappointing existing users. Thus far I can see disagreement here, this is not helping BlackBerry. If a colour change is coming, then it really should be as part of a customisable accentuation, not a top-down approach.

Personally, I dislike the red colouring and to me it doesn't look good on the bright theme.
    If the last update (call screen change) gives us any indication as to what BlackBerry will do....top down change will occur. considering they didn't allow the option for the call screen I'm sure they won't allow the option here either. They've already upset a good portion of their fan base with that change. I don't want to derail this thread too much but I don't see the option being provided.
    04-09-14 11:14 AM
    should offer a choice of colours
    04-09-14 11:20 AM
    Doesn't look like 10.3 to me..the 10.3 has a flatter design (yea, I know the leak is an alpha build) however, the flat design won't be scrapped altogether... ]
    This flat thing is getting out of hand. 10.2 already looks like a steamroller ran over it.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    04-09-14 11:23 AM
    As mentioned before; options for color accents are on the road map, BUT it is delayed (figures-but better than nothing).

Attachment 261749

Posted via CB10
    Not to burst anyones bubbles here, but I have seen this up on the roadmap for sometime and remember awhile back talking about it. I believe the accent colours (although it may have been delayed to be updated for the entire OS), but the accent colours would be for developers wanting to change the colours of their particular app...

Facebook would use their colour of blue...Twitter is the lighter blue, Pinterest the red, etc.

So I think it is for developers and their apps....BUT maybe it was delayed because BBRY decided they would just allow user customization and have to modify the codes for that reason.

Also @Thunderbuck...you said to note the word "optional" but if it is what I believe it is, then its saying that it is optional for the developer to choose whether or not they want to put in their own accent colour, otherwise it would stay the generic BlackBerry Cyan
    mikeo007 likes this.
    04-09-14 11:40 AM
    I doubt this will go anywhere further with the red. Just a gut feeling.
    +1

[off the record talk]
    Well, if you ever discussed leaks with a BlackBerry official, you know they're not very wordy at all about it.
    Let me just print a pic that illustrates the very first and stealthy expression one of my contacts had when I whispered "so, red it'll be ?"

10.3 to Keep Red Accents According to N4BB-402119-comment-reconnaitre-le-degout-637x0-2.jpg
    But he sticked to the corporate rules, blamed me for 10.3 (with a smile) and didn't comment further.
    eldricho and Nharzhool like this.
    04-09-14 11:42 AM
    If the last update (call screen change) gives us any indication as to what BlackBerry will do....top down change will occur. considering they didn't allow the option for the call screen I'm sure they won't allow the option here either. They've already upset a good portion of their fan base with that change. I don't want to derail this thread too much but I don't see the option being provided.
    Well, we can already infer this from the developer roadmap, if that is what BlackBerry means with accents. It seems more likely to me that the red colour is simply a placeholder to demonstrate that the feature is working, and perhaps even to advertise it. Has the validity of the image actually been proved?
    nuff_said likes this.
    04-09-14 12:02 PM
    Very bad choice for epileptic and color blind folks.

Make it configurable BlackBerry or rack up another mistake.

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    04-09-14 12:19 PM
    It's not red, it's CrackBerry Orange
    04-09-14 12:27 PM
    Color accents can be customized on the hub for emails so why not for the whole OS?

Also I think a dark theme with red accent will be awesome

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 12:32 PM
    "Images from URL" on the roadmap, does that mean it would show a preview image instead of a URL? or am i understanding that wrong
    Right now, when you're using an image in an app, the image has to be in the local file system. If you want to use an image from the web, it needs to be brought down to the phone first.

"Images from URL" lets the developer use an Internet URL as the image source, skipping some steps.
    Superfly_FR and Nharzhool like this.
    04-09-14 12:40 PM
    If we are to have red why not a choice red, blue,green,yellow,white.
    Of the lot I think red is my least favourite - red and black is like some early eighties throw back from when red and black was the only viable alternative to black and white or black and yellow when yellow wasn't that different from white on your 16 color display. Other choices were not that clear on a uhf tv monitor at the time.
    04-09-14 12:59 PM
    There may actually be a scientific technical explanation for the color change, just sayin. Blackberry seems to be shifting to all S-AMOLED display technology, which is great because the power draw is less than LCD panels being that the displayed color is a unlit / off (black) until the user makes a request to the phones display. So better battery life for us... The price you pay is with S-AMOLED's displays, whomever makes them, loss of color production over time. AMOLEDs are lit using a chemical reaction, hence different reactions for different colors, they produce slightly oversaturated colors in part because of this. The very worst color for an AMOLED display is, you guessed it, BLUE. The reaction process depletes the BLUE spectrum nearly twice as fast as any other color used on AMOLED panels. So it may very well just be forward thinking to use another main color accent to keep the display of static images from blue accents from "burning in" (technicallyy burning out). Just a thought!
    BCITMike likes this.
    04-09-14 01:07 PM
    Color accents can be customized on the hub for emails so why not for the whole OS?

Also I think a dark theme with red accent will be awesome

Posted via CB10
    I thought people bought BlackBerrys for the sophistication IF we want customizable colors we can buy a droid or windows phone

I have been jumping through hoops of bricking to get this os on my Q10 but only will be able to load certain bars like the clock & browser because at the end of the day I want my phone to be able to call & text

I'm in love w/ the red I see & the step I think would combine all these haters & lovers of 10.3 is a option to set a INTERVAL THAT CHANGES BLACKBERRY'S SELECT OF COLORS AT RANDOM but also the option to adjust the opacity of the color
    04-09-14 01:08 PM
    Right now, when you're using an image in an app, the image has to be in the local file system. If you want to use an image from the web, it needs to be brought down to the phone first.

"Images from URL" lets the developer use an Internet URL as the image source, skipping some steps.
    This is definitely needed! There's a lot of times when I want to share a picture in a WhatsApp group and I have to save it and then send as it would otherwise share as a link

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 01:58 PM
    I don't care, if it is stable, release it already, there are enough bugs on 10.2 I sure hope they fixed those before deciding on this drastic amazing superb improvement of red accent.
    04-09-14 02:04 PM
    Can't believe there's still this much discussion about a single image lol. Red is dead.

10.3 to Keep Red Accents According to N4BB-tumblr_mw2is9nmjr1qh9nffo1_500.jpg
    04-09-14 02:07 PM
    Thread needs more Zaphod Beeblebrox:

"Every time you try to operate on of these weird black controls that are labelled in black on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let you know you've done it."

/ I hope the accent will be available in black!
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    04-09-14 02:20 PM
    Well, we can already infer this from the developer roadmap, if that is what BlackBerry means with accents. It seems more likely to me that the red colour is simply a placeholder to demonstrate that the feature is working, and perhaps even to advertise it. Has the validity of the image actually been proved?
    Don't think it's validity has been confirmed. I'm hoping you're right about red being a place holder.
    04-09-14 03:41 PM
    I think we can conclude by saying that there will be customizable accent colors according to the roadmap. if you click on the Accent Color item on the roadmap it expands and provides a description of the feature. The feature being customizable colors.
    04-09-14 04:38 PM
    Not to burst anyones bubbles here, but I have seen this up on the roadmap for sometime and remember awhile back talking about it. I believe the accent colours (although it may have been delayed to be updated for the entire OS), but the accent colours would be for developers wanting to change the colours of their particular app...

Facebook would use their colour of blue...Twitter is the lighter blue, Pinterest the red, etc.

So I think it is for developers and their apps....BUT maybe it was delayed because BBRY decided they would just allow user customization and have to modify the codes for that reason.

Also @Thunderbuck...you said to note the word "optional" but if it is what I believe it is, then its saying that it is optional for the developer to choose whether or not they want to put in their own accent colour, otherwise it would stay the generic BlackBerry Cyan
    If you take it with the context, they mention in together with the addition to light/dark theme which are user designated, not developer. Additionally, they're talking about accents, not the apps themselves. Not saying that this should be taken as a promise and yes it does stand that it has been up for a while.

Lastly, even if it were a promise, let's not talk about broken PlayBooks, I mean promises ;-). I'm simply regurgitating what they have on their rode map which was mentioned by someone before me too. All I did was attach the image and my own comment.

Posted via CB10
    NinjaB likes this.
    04-09-14 06:19 PM
    Had 10.3 leak for a while. Actually typed faster with the red
    NinjaB likes this.
    04-09-14 06:31 PM
113 12345