05-15-14 05:11 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    I love how everyone complaining on here thinks that 10.3 is just a UI overhaul...

Posted via CB10
    Beat me to it. I feel like all the people b*tchingg about the icons are the ones who haven't even bothered to load a 10.3 leak yet. The icons are only the icing on the cake. So stfu, quit complaining and thank BlackBerry for the hard work they're putting into this OS cuz it's here to stay! Damm people complain when BB doesn't stay with the times and complain when they do smdh

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    05-14-14 08:14 PM
    99% of the people here are the ones who haven't loaded the leak. Most of them need a daily driver which I would not recommend loading 10.3 until one of the next ones come without watermarks. I agree with those here that many of the complaints I hear about ios7 is the new childish icons and overall feel... BlackBerry does not need to copy this. What about a list of all apps on one page with no icons...

Truthfully they really do need to put an effort into the contacts app. If they fix that I could care less about my phone looking like a preschoolers toy phone I'll be happy regardless.

05-14-14 09:05 PM
    If I wanted something that looked like iOS7 I'd have bought an iPhone instead. Scrap this and stick to the stylized beautiful icons we're used to having on our BlackBerrys. This new style just doesn't scream "professional" or "businessman" like BlackBerry is supposed to. These look like someone let kids loose with crayons.
    scrapmetal58 and peter0328 like this.
    05-14-14 10:41 PM
    These icons aren't the equivalent of ios7 as some are saying.

They're less bright so I don't see how they're unprofessional.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:57 PM
    If I wanted something that looked like iOS7 I'd have bought an iPhone instead. Scrap this and stick to the stylized beautiful icons we're used to having on our BlackBerrys. This new style just doesn't scream "professional" or "businessman" like BlackBerry is supposed to. These look like someone let kids loose with crayons.
    Let me know which phone you end up designing. I just want to make sure I don't pick it up by accident.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:59 PM
    let me know which phone you end up designing. I just want to make sure i don't pick it up by accident.

Posted via cb10
    lmao yaasss
    05-15-14 12:12 AM
    New icons look phenomenal.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:33 AM
    I wonder how many of you that like these icons said that iOS was ugly and childish and the icons were bad when it came out. I would guess most. Same likely goes for Windows 8 - many, many people don't like its design.
    I've been with BlackBerry for a year, so don't presume that I have always complained about everything BlackBerry has done. I came from the iPhone because I was bored and love the current design of BlackBerry 10. It's already modern, simplistic, minimalist, etc. There are a few areas to improve to make it consistent. I actually think BlackBerry is doing a fantastic job with updates, bringing new features, and trying new things. Just because it changes, doesn't mean it's a good change. I'm sure they are capable of taking everyone's feedback and compromising to make pretty much everyone happy.
    The design is important considering how much time some people spend on their devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:41 AM
    Wow. Those are horrible.

Though, I wouldn't say they are following Apple, as much as they are following some perceived "trend". It may have started with Windows 8, but at least Win 8 has the whole OS designed around the look and actually works.

Apple simply shoe-horned a new iconography and 80s pastel color palette right out of Miami Vice into iOS 7.

BlackBerry seems to be going that route but using a more 70s earth and jewel toned color palette that reminds me of some bad kitchen appliance colors from when I was a kid. But, beyond that, some of those graphics look just plain... bad.

But, like everyone else, that's just my opinion.

I'd rather go back to the lined Precision icon set of BBOS 4.6, 5 and 6.

Posted via CB10
    You. Are. Nuts.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:42 AM
    I wonder how many of you that like these icons said that iOS was ugly and childish and the icons were bad when it came out. I would guess most. Same likely goes for Windows 8 - many, many people don't like its design.
    I've been with BlackBerry for a year, so don't presume that I have always complained about everything BlackBerry has done. I came from the iPhone because I was bored and love the current design of BlackBerry 10. It's already modern, simplistic, minimalist, etc. There are a few areas to improve to make it consistent. I actually think BlackBerry is doing a fantastic job with updates, bringing new features, and trying new things. Just because it changes, doesn't mean it's a good change. I'm sure they are capable of taking everyone's feedback and compromising to make pretty much everyone happy.
    The design is important considering how much time some people spend on their devices.

Posted via CB10
    These icons look NOTHING like IOS7.......so everything you've said past that point is irrelevant.

Understand that "flat design" is just a style of graphic design, and within that style there can be infinite variations and sub designs......these 10.3 designs are not at all close to the extreme neon flash paired with harsh white that predominantly makes up IOS7. IOS7 is rather inconsistent in its design, some parts look slick, while other parts are down right ghastly(the reception bar, games app...etc.). I dont know if 10.3's icon design will be consistent with 10.3's UI design, but these icons look more in tune and consistent with cascades, than the icons prior. The icons currently look dated and inconsistent because they dont visually match up with the cascades and UI design.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Clanked; 05-15-14 at 12:56 AM.
    05-15-14 12:44 AM
    You. Are. Nuts.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I. Am.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 12:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    Stop comparing BlackBerry's icons to Apple's. They look nothing alike. You have no point with this.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:38 AM
    Oh jesus...

The iOS 7 UI is visually stunning and you guys will deal. Just like when 10.3 rolls out and looks completely flat without giving you the option to customize
    05-15-14 02:56 AM
    These icons look NOTHING like IOS7.......so everything you've said past that point is irrelevant.

Understand that "flat design" is just a style of graphic design, and within that style there can be infinite variations and sub designs......these 10.3 designs are not at all close to the extreme neon flash paired with harsh white that predominantly makes up IOS7. IOS7 is rather inconsistent in its design, some parts look slick, while other parts are down right ghastly(the reception bar, games app...etc.). I dont know if 10.3's icon design will be consistent with 10.3's UI design, but these icons look more in tune and consistent with cascades, than the icons prior. The icons currently look dated and inconsistent because they dont visually match up with the cascades and UI design.

Posted via CB10
    Because they don't look like iOS 7 means everything else I said is irrelevant? I didn't say there that the icons looked like iOS 7. I was referring to flat design, hence the reference to Windows 8, as well. The new UI certainly looks like iOS 7 though. Anyone that can't see that is in denial. The only thing that will happen is most people will say BlackBerry 10 copied Apple and that is never a good thing - BlackBerry's reputation is already bad to many, they don't need to add copying to it.

Obviously there is many ways to make a flat design. Microsoft is quite distinct from iOS 7. BlackBerry 10.3 looks like iOS with a bit of Android thrown in. I'm happier with the second leak than the first with regard to design. As I said, some of the icons aren't too bad. I'll continue to update to get the features, but I foresee that I won't like the whole experience as much as I do now. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    peter0328 likes this.
    05-15-14 03:55 AM
    Good icons, but I think so that the must redesign because they're more simples ... it's different interface but not interesting

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 04:02 AM
    Actually I have ios 7 right here and they do alike. For those who can't compare, go back one page and check out the two navigation icons. Almost twins

peter0328 likes this.
    05-15-14 06:57 AM
    ... why are people arguing about icons?

Why do you care?
    Once again the armchair industrial design teams are out in full force complaining. If BlackBerry actually listen to all the whiners BB10 would have Comic Sans as the main font.

Z10 10.2.1.3175 via CB10
    05-15-14 07:50 AM
    Once again the armchair industrial design teams are out in full force complaining. If BlackBerry actually listen to all the whiners BB10 would have Comic Sans as the main font.

Z10 10.2.1.3175 via CB10
    Comic Sans fonts would match these new icons, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 08:42 AM
    Because they don't look like iOS 7 means everything else I said is irrelevant? I didn't say there that the icons looked like iOS 7. I was referring to flat design, hence the reference to Windows 8, as well. The new UI certainly looks like iOS 7 though. Anyone that can't see that is in denial. The only thing that will happen is most people will say BlackBerry 10 copied Apple and that is never a good thing - BlackBerry's reputation is already bad to many, they don't need to add copying to it.

Obviously there is many ways to make a flat design. Microsoft is quite distinct from iOS 7. BlackBerry 10.3 looks like iOS with a bit of Android thrown in. I'm happier with the second leak than the first with regard to design. As I said, some of the icons aren't too bad. I'll continue to update to get the features, but I foresee that I won't like the whole experience as much as I do now. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    I dont think you understand graphic design. Thats ok, agree to disagree.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 09:18 AM
    You guys are arguing ridiculously about icons. Go outside and get some fresh air or something. Enough of the stupid belittling of each other. Seriously, act your damn age not your shoe size.
    05-15-14 05:11 PM
95 ... 234