Hey guys,

just a simple question. Right now I am running the leaked OS 10.3.0.296 on my Z30. Is it advisable to run the DEV OS 10.3.0.700 with the updated missing bars from Adam: ( http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-700-a-941849/ ) instead of the OS I am running right now?

Or should I just load the updated bars from Adam on my current OS?

And for the people who are going to tell me that this is already covered. I searched for the last half hour and asked in a couple existing threads but no answer.

Hope somebody can help me out or give me some good advice!

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 01:00 PM
    I need help too

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 01:15 PM
    I need help too

Posted via CB10
    Let's hope help is on it's way!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 01:20 PM
    10.3.0.700 is missing some basic functionality (BBM Voice / Video, Cloud Services / Connections -- i.e. Dropbox, One Drive, Box functionality, etc., Device Monitor, Alarms). But, it does have some features, such as Triage Mode in the Hub and Panoramic Camera that 10.3.0.296 is lacking.
    If you can give up the features that don't work on .700 for the newer build and newer features, go ahead, but if you need alarms, cloud integration, etc., use .296 as your foundation. It depends on your needs / wants. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 01:22 PM
    Hey guys,

just a simple question. Right now I am running the leaked OS 10.3.0.296 on my Z30. Is it advisable to run the DEV OS 10.3.0.700 with the updated missing bars from Adam: ( http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-700-a-941849/ ) instead of the OS I am running right now?

And for the people who are going to tell me that this is already covered. I searched for the last half hour and asked in a couple existing threads but no answer.

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    700, the dev os, is missing features.
    Remote file access, bbm voice and video, alarms among other things. Device monitor is working..

But. I was running 296 and as far as stability is concerned I would opt for 700. BUT be aware running 700, don't come here asking stupid questions about bugs or incomplete features (like flip to silent) . It isn't supposed to work 100%.

If you do choose to upgrade, download contacts imex from app world first and backup your contacts to SD card using vcf.
    If you want triage and panoramic camera etc, you'll need to backup settings from your 296 install and restore onto your 700 os.

-Perform a full backup of 296
    -Run autoloader for 700
    -Install missing bars from 296
    -Perform a full restore OR Restore settings from 296 to unlock blocked features in the dev is (triage etc)
    - download contacts imex from apps world and restore your contacts.
    06-28-14 01:27 PM
    -Perform a full backup of 296
    -Run autoloader for 700
    -Install missing bars from 296
    -Perform a full restore OR Restore settings from 296 to unlock blocked features in the dev is (triage etc)
    - download contacts imex from apps world and restore your contacts.
    Exactly what I performed and several of the apps did not work. May have to give it ago another time. Maybe by then there will be another leak.
    06-28-14 02:03 PM
    I am using 10.3.0.296 with the updated bars (not all!), and have been using it without issues.

My advice is (and this is the advice that has been giving by the "pros". as well): if you need to ask a question like this, you are better of sticking to a full OS instead of a barebones SDK.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    06-28-14 02:08 PM
    Exactly what I performed and several of the apps did not work. May have to give it ago another time. Maybe by then there will be another leak.
    Like? Did you read my whole post? Obviously stuff doesn't work, it's half baked and it's not a full os to begin with.
    I read that with the q10 there is some issue with one if the 296 apps..
    Op what phone are you using

And op, don't do this if you aren't comfortable rolling back to an official os.. you shouldn't expect this to work period. This isn't a leak from a carrier, is a pin watermarked software development kit operating system.. it's like asking for the classic and them complaining that the track pad doesn't work.. well duh. The os and phone haven't been finalized lol.
    06-28-14 02:42 PM
    I am using 10.3.0.296 with the updated bars (not all!), and have been using it without issues.

My advice is (and this is the advice that has been giving by the "pros". as well): if you need to ask a question like this, you are better of sticking to a full OS instead of a barebones SDK.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    With this logic, op shouldn't even be running 296. 296 is not an os that you should be using as a daily driver if you aren't prepared for the issues.. 296 is completely unstable when the battery is low, it over heats extremely quickly, I never got more than 3 hours battery life (but I'm a heavy user). 296 uses 1.2gb of ram at boot/idle which makes for one heck of a painful experience when trying to get work done. Point being, 296 is an os to play with, just like 700. Neither should be depended on

If you need stability and things to work, go for the latest 10.2.1..
    06-28-14 02:49 PM
    I came to help, but there is just too much to read.

Posted via CB10
    Foppa_21 likes this.
    06-28-14 02:52 PM
    I came to help, but there is just too much to read.

Posted via CB10
    It should be here...now the pro's talking
    06-28-14 03:25 PM
    Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!

Posted via CB10
    10.3.0.700 runs surprising well, to be crippled OS. If you feel like running a hybrid, using the bar file updates will increase the user experience to a comfortable level. I'm not having any unexpected problems, but I'm a tinkerer. I'm not under the impression that there's a spotless OS. If there were, updates would be pointless.
    Not knowing what your current installed OS is, I'd be cautious about injecting bar files from OS10.3.0.686 - the file set that Adam leaked. Reason being, many of those bar files might not play well with your installed OS. You'll either have non resposive apps or a soft bricked device.
    Read thru the threads and gauge user results before you make a decision. Or just go for it. You'll either have a great running OS, or a crappy one.
    rayporsche, m1kr0, Pdinos3 and 1 others like this.
    06-28-14 03:54 PM