08-26-16 12:57 PM
95 ... 234
tools
    I'm not-so-confident that we will receive 10.3.3 anytime soon. Nevermind 10.4... We've been spotting mature 10.3.3 builds for a very long time now.

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    08-09-16 05:05 AM
    I'm not-so-confident that we will receive 10.3.3 anytime soon. Nevermind 10.4... We've been spotting mature 10.3.3 builds for a very long time now.

I'm putting my money on the 16/17th August 2016. Have faith

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    08-09-16 09:19 AM

That's because of NIAP certification. 10.3.4 doesn't have to go through that process again so it'll come faster.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    08-09-16 01:15 PM
    I can't understand all the drama around an update that has zero consequence for the general public and all but 4 government customers.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    I agree with you. I don't get it. Apple releases real updates annually (or slower) as does Samsung...I waited for months for the 6.1 update on my S6. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-17-16 05:39 PM
    I'm putting my money on the 16/17th August 2016. Have faith

Lol wish I saw this earlier. Would've taken that bet. Easy money.

*ME173X
    08-17-16 09:56 PM
    I agree with you. I don't get it. Apple releases real updates annually (or slower) as does Samsung...I waited for months for the 6.1 update on my S6. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    And then there's also the 'benefit' question: what do those iOS and Android updates bring that users benefit from? Sure, there are a few nice additions in those updates but there's also many gimmicks added that change the design once again or that the majority of users isn't even gonna use.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    08-18-16 12:46 AM
    Lol wish I saw this earlier. Would've taken that bet. Easy money.

*ME173X
    Very True lol

Oh well, my next bet would be 3rd September.

08-18-16 01:49 AM
    Very True lol

Oh well, my next bet would be 3rd September.

A safe bet would be mid-November

DEV560 likes this.
    08-18-16 02:54 AM
    A safe bet would be mid-November

i guess you are right, Mid November 2017 does sound like a confident bet.
    Rustiman and ZeBB45 like this.
    08-18-16 04:25 AM
    I can't understand all the drama around an update that has zero consequence for the general public and all but 4 government customers.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    The drama is because BlackBerry CO never specifically worded it to the public that THAT was the main focus and would affect the general consumers still waiting for bug fixes. Consumers hear update and go ecstatic. When it's NOT delivered and mentioned delayed two months after during fiscal results is a slap in the face. CEO should know better this insults your user base. Especially when your user base knows you've fired a HUGE amount of employees that most likely would've helped delivering the update on time.

If the update is "special" and awaits government or governing body approval for a specific level of support then do NOT mention it all! Just state you're seeking said approval for the OS that's it

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    08-21-16 11:59 AM
    The drama is because BlackBerry CO never specifically worded it to the public that THAT was the main focus and would affect the general consumers still waiting for bug fixes.
    They've been clear since the initial announcement that it would be focused on "security and privacy enhancements",

BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 scheduled to be released in March 2016 | CrackBerry.com
    08-21-16 12:52 PM
    The drama is because BlackBerry CO never specifically worded it to the public that THAT was the main focus and would affect the general consumers still waiting for bug fixes. Consumers hear update and go ecstatic. When it's NOT delivered and mentioned delayed two months after during fiscal results is a slap in the face. CEO should know better this insults your user base. Especially when your user base knows you've fired a HUGE amount of employees that most likely would've helped delivering the update on time.

If the update is "special" and awaits government or governing body approval for a specific level of support then do NOT mention it all! Just state you're seeking said approval for the OS that's it

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    They clearly specified when the update would be released in their fiscal results. They later pinpointed a specific month (and again and again). But going by their original specified period (from their fiscal results), they haven't gone off-schedule yet.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-21-16 04:52 PM
    I am willing to bet that 10.3.4 will never come out.

Posted via CB10
    DEV560 likes this.
    08-22-16 11:45 AM
    I am willing to bet that 10.3.4 will never come out.

Posted via CB10
    Only time will tell. But for the moment, BlackBerry is definitely committed to making it happen.

08-22-16 03:13 PM
    Only time will tell. But for the moment, BlackBerry is definitely committed to making it happen.

Even if they do release such update, it will most like remove features/services.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 08:37 PM
    Even if they do release such update, it will most like remove features/services.

Posted via CB10
    Why do you think that?
    That would be a very rare occurrence in the industry.
    I can't think of any precedent.
    08-23-16 06:30 AM
    Why do you think that?
    That would be a very rare occurrence in the industry.
    I can't think of any precedent.
    Me neither. Except for some OS updates (various OS's) where they focused on redesign first and then on features. But I'm pretty sure 10.3.4 won't get a redesign, so I agree with you.

08-23-16 02:07 PM
    They've been clear since the initial announcement that it would be focused on "security and privacy enhancements",

BlackBerry OS 10.3.3 scheduled to be released in March 2016 | CrackBerry.com
    The problem with the link you have is sourced from CB not from BlackBerry directly

While the new device will provide a choice in OS to new and existing customers, the company remains committed to the BlackBerry 10 operating system, which enables industry-leading security and productivity benefits. Second, the company will continue to develop and enhance the BlackBerry 10 operating system and is confirming plans to release platform updates focused on security and privacy enhancements, with version 10.3.3 scheduled to be available in March 2016.

Surely BlackBerry didn't state in bold above - because I still don't see the Priv nor even the DTEK50 offered in BB10 as an OS choice at retail purchase or via BB Link.

Your link above states target moved to "mid-June" right in the title of that article on CB.

however ... just to clarify the exact schedule which is August 2016 for 10.3.3 according to Marty Beard:
    Building the Quintessential BlackBerry Experience | Inside BlackBerry

That is why we are committed to not just maintaining BB10 software, but advancing it to be even more secure and provide even greater productivity. Youll see that with the next 10.3.3 update coming within the next month, which will be focused on enhancing our already-stellar privacy and security features.

They clearly specified when the update would be released in their fiscal results. They later pinpointed a specific month (and again and again). But going by their original specified period (from their fiscal results), they haven't gone off-schedule yet.

I was referring to their missed timeline from last year. March has come and gone.
    BEEBEEBEEBEE likes this.
    08-23-16 07:32 PM
    The problem with the link you have is sourced from CB not from BlackBerry directly

Surely BlackBerry didn't state in bold above - because I still don't see the Priv nor even the DTEK50 offered in BB10 as an OS choice at retail purchase or via BB Link.

Your link above states target moved to "mid-June" right in the title of that article on CB.

however ... just to clarify the exact schedule which is August 2016 for 10.3.3 according to Marty Beard:
    Building the Quintessential BlackBerry Experience | Inside BlackBerry
    The quote in the Crackberry article is from BlackBerry, they may have missed their release window but they were clear on where the main focus for the update would be.
    08-23-16 09:18 PM
    Rumor has it that 10.3.4 removes support for BB10 app, as well as removing the Android runtime. Boot times will be very fast though and they will add Lithuanian support.
    and dark hub
    PHughes likes this.
    08-26-16 12:57 PM
95 ... 234