08-26-16 11:57 AM
95 1234
tools
    I can't understand all the drama around an update that has zero consequence for the general public and all but 4 government customers.

Priv STV100-1 AAF153 / Q5SQR100-1/10.3.3.746
    I think people are so "hyped" around this OS update simply because nothing else is happening** in BB10 so this is the only thing people can talk about.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    07-04-16 03:28 PM
    thanks for the comment so true , but so true , everyday i see a new threat with the title 10.3.3 ? or maybe when 10.3.3 , or 10.3.4 ?

Why you open threads guys there no ne thinks in BB 10 any more go on , move on android PRIV why your so obsesed with this?

Go for the priv to have updates every month! there is no bb 10 devs any more just android .. its true ! so move on!
    07-04-16 03:44 PM
    Stick a fork in it BB10 is dead and a EOL product. It will suffer the same fate as the playbook. Dump it while you can and get a few bucks for the device...
    07-04-16 06:34 PM
    Forget about it. Buy a new phone android or ios. Or maybe a WP will do. BlackBerry is totally dead.
    07-07-16 01:51 AM
    Forget about it. Buy a new phone android or ios. Or maybe a WP will do. BlackBerry is totally dead.
    WP was doa

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 04:56 AM
    Well, the browser is open source so you could check the GitHub commit log if there's more. (I'm not able to do it right now)

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Care to share the link please? I've looked all over for that, probably missed it
    07-07-16 05:14 AM
    Lolwut. Microsoft is making just as much losses on WP as BlackBerry on BB10. Latest MS sales figures of their phones are dramatically low. So WP is not an alternative at all.

07-07-16 11:52 PM
    WP was doa

Posted via CB10
    Actually, W10M still has a heartbeat. Some universal shops are starting to show up, including a few, such a Bank of America, that had previously Bern withdrawn. The Microsoft apps are getting regular updates, and the anniversary OS update is due very soon.

While I wouldn't say all is well with the W10M world, it's actually a bit better than it was a few months ago when I got a Lumia 640.
    jdesignz likes this.
    07-08-16 09:23 AM
    Actually, W10M still has a heartbeat. Some universal shops are starting to show up, including a few, such a Bank of America, that had previously Bern withdrawn. The Microsoft apps are getting regular updates, and the anniversary OS update is due very soon.

While I wouldn't say all is well with the W10M world, it's actually a bit better than it was a few months ago when I got a Lumia 640.
    At 0.7%, I simply don't see a recovery. It's way too far gone.
    ubizmo and Vistaus like this.
    07-08-16 10:27 AM
    At 0.7%, I simply don't see a recovery. It's way too far gone.
    I agree for the most part, except for the hoped for coattail effect from Windows tablets, which seems to account for whatever small recovery we're seeing. It's hard to predict how it will play out because it hasn't been done before. Some OEMs are actually launching new Windows phones, so they must think something is happening.
    07-08-16 11:20 AM
    I agree for the most part, except for the hoped for coattail effect from Windows tablets, which seems to account for whatever small recovery we're seeing. It's hard to predict how it will play out because it hasn't been done before. Some OEMs are actually launching new Windows phones, so they must think something is happening.
    Tablet =! Phone

07-08-16 11:55 PM
    Tablet =! Phone
    I think we all understand that. But what's your point?

Certainly, there are some apps that are useful on phones that aren't that useful on tablets--and vice versa. But some apps are useful on both, and those are the ones that can get a boost from the success of Windows10 tablets. And that, I believe, is why I'm seeing updates to some apps, such as banking apps, Audible, and more, on this supposedly dead platform. And Microsoft is updating its own apps on almost a weekly basis, suggesting that it's not ready to pull the plug on mobile yet.

As someone who is regularly using both BB10 and W10M (not to mention Android), I can say that there is a definite difference in terms of which one is still moving forward. There's no question that W10M is in a very bad place, in terms of market share. It's not much more than twice that of BB10, which is pathetic. And yet, there's some movement there: new apps and updates. As I see it, the only plausible explanation of that movement, such as it is, is UWP. It's not the mobile market share.
    07-13-16 12:54 PM
    I think we all understand that. But what's your point?

Certainly, there are some apps that are useful on phones that aren't that useful on tablets--and vice versa. But some apps are useful on both, and those are the ones that can get a boost from the success of Windows10 tablets. And that, I believe, is why I'm seeing updates to some apps, such as banking apps, Audible, and more, on this supposedly dead platform. And Microsoft is updating its own apps on almost a weekly basis, suggesting that it's not ready to pull the plug on mobile yet.

As someone who is regularly using both BB10 and W10M (not to mention Android), I can say that there is a definite difference in terms of which one is still moving forward. There's no question that W10M is in a very bad place, in terms of market share. It's not much more than twice that of BB10, which is pathetic. And yet, there's some movement there: new apps and updates. As I see it, the only plausible explanation of that movement, such as it is, is UWP. It's not the mobile market share.
    I was making that point 'cause we were talking about PHONE sales, so talking about tablet sales is irrelevant in this case as a tablet is not a phone. Apps are a different discussion.

07-13-16 11:49 PM
    I was making that point 'cause we were talking about PHONE sales, so talking about tablet sales is irrelevant in this case as a tablet is not a phone. Apps are a different discussion.

But these things are entangled, especially in W10, by design. W10 tablets are doing fairly well, and tablet users use apps. That creates a market of interest to developers. Because those apps will also run on phones (one hopes), the net effect is to reduce the mobile app gap. And since the app gap affects phone sales...

At least that's the strategy. It remains to be seen whether it will work, but there are some encouraging signs. It'll take a lot more to turn things around. As I said, W10M still has a heartbeat, however faint. I don't think BB10 does, unfortunately.
    07-14-16 08:26 AM
    But these things are entangled, especially in W10, by design. W10 tablets are doing fairly well, and tablet users use apps. That creates a market of interest to developers. Because those apps will also run on phones (one hopes), the net effect is to reduce the mobile app gap. And since the app gap affects phone sales...

At least that's the strategy. It remains to be seen whether it will work, but there are some encouraging signs. It'll take a lot more to turn things around. As I said, W10M still has a heartbeat, however faint. I don't think BB10 does, unfortunately.
    As you can see on a link I've posted on the previous page, Microsoft themselves said that they aren't focusing on app developers right now because they've postponed that focus to 2017. So getting developers to build apps is currently NOT their strategy.

07-14-16 03:44 PM
    As you can see on a link I've posted on the previous page, Microsoft themselves said that they aren't focusing on app developers right now because they've postponed that focus to 2017. So getting developers to build apps is currently NOT their strategy.

Exactly! It's not their strategy for this year, neither is anything to do with mobile. But despite that, new apps are appearing, and existing apps are getting updates, albeit in a trickle. Why? Because some developers are starting to pay attention to UWP, especially on tablets, where there's more of an app mentality.

And that IS Microsoft's long-term strategy: invest in Windows in the hope that it will eventually float the mobile boat. And there's at least some indication that it might.

This is why I'm not completely convinced that WM is dead yet. In contrast with BB10.
    07-14-16 04:15 PM
    Exactly! It's not their strategy for this year, neither is anything to do with mobile. But despite that, new apps are appearing, and existing apps are getting updates, albeit in a trickle. Why? Because some developers are starting to pay attention to UWP, especially on tablets, where there's more of an app mentality.

And that IS Microsoft's long-term strategy: invest in Windows in the hope that it will eventually float the mobile boat. And there's at least some indication that it might.

This is why I'm not completely convinced that WM is dead yet. In contrast with BB10.
    Well, I hope they start getting their act together next year then when they are gonna focus 'cause most stores in my country have stopped selling Windows phones (and in the rest of Europe the number of stores dropping WM is increasing as well). That's not exactly healthy for their UWP/long-term strategy.

Last edited by Vistaus; 07-15-16 at 06:47 AM.
    07-14-16 11:52 PM
    Well, I hope they start getting their act together next year then when they are gonna focus 'cause most stores in my country have stopped selling Windows phones (and in the rest of Europe the number of stores dropping WM is increasing as well). That's not exactly healthy for their UWP/long-term strategy.
    Agreed. Microsoft has gotten out of the hardware business, so forthcoming Windows phones will be made by other OEMs. I believe Alcatel is going to be releasing a WM version of the Idol 4 this year. Supposedly their focus will be on "business", which seems to be what you say when your phone business is tanking. But I think they're going to be gunning hard for UWP apps, if they aren't quietly doing so already.

Microsoft is pushing out updates to those of us in the Insider program "fast ring" every week or so. And they are updating their own apps constantly. These updates are pretty much all performance updates, not feature updates, but they show that Microsoft is very busy at work on this project. In that sense, it couldn't be more different from what's going on with BB10.
    07-16-16 08:44 AM
    ..... it couldn't be more different from what's going on with BB10.
    Agree... All hands on deck for their Android development though!

Posted via CB10 on my ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    07-16-16 09:13 AM
    Rumor has it that 10.3.4 removes support for BB10 app, as well as removing the Android runtime. Boot times will be very fast though and they will add Lithuanian support.
    Will Snapchat work?

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    PHughes likes this.
    07-16-16 09:25 AM
    Agreed. Microsoft has gotten out of the hardware business, so forthcoming Windows phones will be made by other OEMs. I believe Alcatel is going to be releasing a WM version of the Idol 4 this year. Supposedly their focus will be on "business", which seems to be what you say when your phone business is tanking. But I think they're going to be gunning hard for UWP apps, if they aren't quietly doing so already.

Microsoft is pushing out updates to those of us in the Insider program "fast ring" every week or so. And they are updating their own apps constantly. These updates are pretty much all performance updates, not feature updates, but they show that Microsoft is very busy at work on this project. In that sense, it couldn't be more different from what's going on with BB10.
    Yeah, it's very different from what's going with BB10 'cause BB10's performance is already nearly sublime.

07-16-16 12:08 PM
    Hahahaha... Don't be sure!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-16 01:18 PM
    I'm glad if they still release updates for BlackBerry OS10 updates. As the phone is two years old or older.
    07-23-16 08:59 AM
    I can narrow your options down for you. Apple or Android.
    Don't forget Ubuntu Touch!

Posted via CB10
    08-08-16 02:27 PM
    Don't forget Ubuntu Touch!

Posted via CB10
    And SailfishOS, LuneOS, Tizen, etc. etc. etc.

08-08-16 03:35 PM
95 1234