09-21-16 07:09 PM
295 ... 45678 ...
tools
    This is super simple and have no clue why BB doesn't currently have this feature:

The ability to dial alpha-numeric phone numbers using the keyboard and not having to look at the dial pad to figure out what number is for what letter. The way BBOS handled it was brilliant, and it still kind of worked with the original 10.1, then all of a sudden it stopped working all-together...

For example, to dial 1800COMCAST

With 10.1, if you held alt and typed the numbers 1800, then released alt and typed out "comcast" it will give you an option in universal search to "Dial 1800COMCAST" Ok, sure, that works, but often times you start typing the letters for "1800" without using the alt key, and as long as the rest is within those letters, it'll give you the option to dial that number, but what if right after someone tells you the number is "1800" (you type out without using alt) and then they give you a word like "Comcast" instead of a number, now with 10.1 you had to delete it all, then start it all with alt first.

In BBOS, they recognized the alt key backwards for the Dial shortcut, so you can start typing within the number pad "1800" without the alt key, so really you just typed "wx00" into universal search, now if you hold alt and type out "Comcast" (so "9+.9*4(" into universal search) BBOS was smart enough to reverse the alt process for the Dial shortcut and it would give you the option to "Dial 1800COMCAST" Freakin' brilliant. Now, on 10.3.2, you try either one of those and the "Dial" option goes away. So the only way to dial an alpha-numeric phone number is to first open the phone dialer, then switch to the digital dial pad, then stare at it like a moron to figure out which number corresponds to which letter to do it manually like someone with a glass slab or an old-fashioned phone would have to do... My keyboard is literally right there, with all of the letters, why do I need to stare at my phone trying to figure it out like a dummy when BBOS would have understood what I was trying to do if I typed it on the keyboard?? Why was this feature removed? First it was dumbed down, then removed completely. The original 10.1 had this feature, just not as smart as BBOS (to know to reverse the alt function), then it was just removed. WHY??? I have yet to find a benefit for the removal of this feature...
    Soul_Est likes this.
    08-27-15 04:39 PM
    Best twitter client.

BB Q20 Classic
    08-28-15 10:07 AM
    I just want my location services back! No gps, this device (Z30 sta100-2) is almost useless to me on 10.3.2.2474
    And the battery life, heating, lags using it as a phone, lags when sharing pics, lags everywhere.. even in the Hub.. I would prefer 10.2.1!! Where is the 'flow'?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 08:14 AM
    I hope that 10.3.3 is BlackBerry 10 only. F Android. If I want Android I would've gotten a Samsung

Posted via CB10
    10.3.3 is BlackBerry 10 only. It supports the BlackBerry 10 version of the 'Venice' 'Avenger'.

As far as I know, all devices will receive this update early next year.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 01:20 PM
    You can use emoji keyboard on BlackBerry Z10, I have it on mine.
    10.3.3 wish list?-img_20150907_132816.png

Posted via CB10
    09-07-15 01:29 PM
    10.3.3 is BlackBerry 10 only. It supports the BlackBerry 10 version of the 'Venice' 'Avenger'.

As far as I know, all devices will receive this update early next year.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you are right with the "BlackBerry version of the venice"!!

09-07-15 04:45 PM
    I don't get it, if you don't want to use Android apps, don't use them. I wish they keep the Android runtime because I like BB10 but there are some apps I use that isn't out on BB10 and I don't have time to wish and pray they come out for BB10...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    09-07-15 05:55 PM
    In 10.3.3 BlackBerry World to carry the Sachesi App again so that BB no longer needs to have pc support with leak updates, also support up to 5TB memory cards on all OS10 devices so that device memory can be fully devoted to larger OS (to take into consideration all our "Santa lists" for the 3.3) imagine your devices having an OS of say 5GB crammed full of good solid BB based software rather than the 1.8GB we have just now!

They do all that and BBLink and BBBlend become redundant as our devices will become mini tablets/"Palmtops"!!

Z10STL100-2/10.3.2.2639

Posted via CB10
    Soul_Est likes this.
    09-07-15 06:39 PM
    Hi! It would be nice to be able to adjust the icon sizes or the icon descriptions, below the icon (like on a pc). Mine seem to be smaller now since I updated and are now harder to read.

Thanks!
    Clarence
    09-20-15 04:48 PM
    1. Edit contact on the spot and without opening the contact countless times once for search another for selecting another for open and then edit, it is so dumb method

2. Fix the god damn battery drainage

3. Dark hub

4. I want full access my phone it is not god damn business, when I agreed to make it root I understand that has consequences, who the hell are you to not letting me use the full performance of what I paid for?

4. Message box and design are reminding me the windows 3.1 such poor quality and no creativity at all

4. Contact import is pain in the arse while. Vcf files are universal file extension as contact backup and the only platform has not committed yet is BlackBerry

5. Sending sms to numbers that are not in contact list is also dumb, even in my old Nokia I could send sms directly via dial pad without going to message app and put those numbers there.

I hope to see these annoying bugs fixed

Posted via CB10
    Soul_Est likes this.
    09-20-15 05:25 PM
    That they don't take away the android runtime...

Posted via CB10
    09-20-15 07:59 PM
    More notification customization settings:
    Holster profiles
    Vibration duration settings (in addition to setting the number of times, you can set the duration of each pulse. So you can have one account vibrate with 2 long pulses while another is 2 short pulses and you can easily tell between the two.)
    Bring back Alpha-Numeric dialing (typing 1800comcast with the keyboard will give the option to call that number straight from universal search, used to work in 10.1 and in BBOS, then 10.2 on they removed it for whatever reason...)
    09-22-15 02:36 PM
    More notification customization settings:
    Holster profiles
    Vibration duration settings (in addition to setting the number of times, you can set the duration of each pulse. So you can have one account vibrate with 2 long pulses while another is 2 short pulses and you can easily tell between the two.)
    Bring back Alpha-Numeric dialing (typing 1800comcast with the keyboard will give the option to call that number straight from universal search, used to work in 10.1 and in BBOS, then 10.2 on they removed it for whatever reason...)
    Vibration was never actually completed, the API is half baked, 5 seconds max and the intensity value doesn't do anything; just another thing BlackBerry never completed

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    09-22-15 03:50 PM
    Vibration was never actually completed, the API is half baked, 5 seconds max and the intensity value doesn't do anything; just another thing BlackBerry never completed

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    Well, I don't really care about intensity, although it technically should be possible since it uses a traditional motor for the vibration and not the speaker way. But if they could allow you to customize the DURATION of each burst like we could back in the BBOS days, that would make a huge difference.
    Soul_Est likes this.
    09-22-15 04:06 PM
    Phone lag need to be fixed urgently. It's a great mess. Also a three to five second lag when closing a call..

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 07:08 AM
    Phone lag need to be fixed urgently. It's a great mess. Also a three to five second lag when closing a call..

Posted via CB10
    Especially while trying to use universal search.

Soul_Est likes this.
    09-23-15 07:31 AM
    Built in call blocker (so I do not have to use an app).
    09-23-15 07:44 AM
    And scheduled notification profile changer.

Soul_Est likes this.
    09-23-15 12:02 PM
    Filter option in excel format in docs to go

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2639
    09-23-15 12:16 PM
    I don't want to be pessimistic , but you shouldn't expect too much from 10.3.3, because it's a revision or a maintenance upgrade. Look at the following wiki : https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 12:38 PM
    I'd like to see a 2 finger swipe on the lockscreen for say flashlight or while the screen is off or both so like you swipe up to wake up you swipe down from the top or 2 finger and get an app, even better if you can choose what it is. Maybe more gestures in general. Second, and this has annoyed me since leaving Android the last time, make the keyboard show proper case. So right now the keyboard just always shows UPPER CASE but on most other OS's you get lower and UPPER on the letters depending on if you're shifted or not. Not a big deal, I know, but makes glancing at the keyboard and knowing you're going to get upper or lower way easier.
    09-25-15 08:50 AM
    I have a million MIDI ringtone files and have been begging for native support since 10.0.000000.... it would be nice if this simple upgrade would be implemented.
    09-25-15 09:41 AM
    Open VPN, ad-blocking ability on native Browser and dark Hub are a few off the top of my head that I'd be happy to see.

 Frosty White Q10/10.3.2.2639 CB10 
    09-25-15 12:29 PM
    We need 4.4 runtime, 5/5.1/6.0 better. it's boring when we're always on 4.3.
    Dark hub. ( requested since 10.3.0)
    System font. ( give us some option)
    Delete amazon appstore option
    More system apps ( stock price, etc)
    Facebook app is boring, any UI and performance update will be appreciated
    Emoticonnnn. It's fine if the emoticon same as BBM's emoticon.

Posted via CB10
    pradip deshmukh likes this.
    09-26-15 12:53 AM
    How about a calendar with growing numbers on the weekend like it was in 10.2... ?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-15 01:28 AM
295 ... 45678 ...