12-06-16 10:00 PM
676 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Only a Moderator or Staff member is able to change the name of the thread. Just message one of them (Nicely) and ask for it to be changed.

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    OK did not know this thanks

See Mod has updated thread let's hope it comes in June!

 Passport
    04-03-16 02:10 PM
    Now you prove you're on synthetic weed: with the new release of Windows 10 phone I'll be moving in that direction. I was hopping that Chen restore the confidence that Heins left from us in BlackBerry, but I see now they are fingers from the same hand.

Posted from my Passport via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I don't know. Latest rumors are that even MS might be backing off the idea of phones. When they spoke of "devices" at their recent conference, it was limited to the Surface. Likely no phones for them in the near future, either.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-16 02:25 PM
    Now you prove you're on synthetic weed: with the new release of Windows 10 phone I'll be moving in that direction. I was hopping that Chen restore the confidence that Heins left from us in BlackBerry, but I see now they are fingers from the same hand.

I am now being forced to go the same direction with Windows phone. BlackBerry took focus away from the BB10 team to work on Android, instead of improving the BB10 platform to work more seamlessly with enterprise visions. Now BB10 will not support integration with Microsoft solutions.

Once again BlackBerry failed. They tried to gain consumer market share by putting Android on the priv. Would have been a better investment putting BB10 on the priv and working on more BB10 solutions to support things such as Microsoft cloud (sharepoint, Azure, etc) and more seamless support of Microsoft Word, Excel, and OneNote.

On the consumer side stop waiting for others to create apps to support popular services such as Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, Vudu, etc. Pull together a team to create native BB10 apps to support these services. Apple did not release the iPhone into the market with an empty app store. They created many apps, and still do, to support their product.

So BlackBerry, stop waiting for other developers to make your product popular. Step up to the plate and start swinging.

Posted via CB10
    daviddragon and bigjman like this.
    04-03-16 02:25 PM
    It does not fall into QNX's business model. QSS (QNX Software Systems) has always focused on OS Platform only, staying out of systems solution market. This keeps them out of competing against some of their own major clients. If QNX was to pickup BB10, that would put them in direct competition with companies like Apple. Apple is a QNX partner. BlackBerry would be wise to keep the QNX business model as is. It is one of things that has allowed QNX to grow and keeps it the most popular RTOS in the market while being part of BlackBerry.
    I was thinking in terms of delegating work on the OS, Android runtime and development tools to QNX and the UI and apps to BlackBerry. While it would require some interesting software engineering regarding integrating the BB10 UX with the Android runtime while appropriately dividing the work between BlackBerry and QNX, there is no reason for there not to be a closer working relationship between BBRY and its subsidiary than how it now appears .
    04-03-16 05:56 PM
    On the consumer side stop waiting for others to create apps to support popular services such as Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, Vudu, etc. Pull together a team to create native BB10 apps to support these services. Apple did not release the iPhone into the market with an empty app store. They created many apps, and still do, to support their product.

So BlackBerry, stop waiting for other developers to make your product popular. Step up to the plate and start swinging.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like the native Facebook app BlackBerry had to abandon, since Facebook refused to supply the necessary API? Writing code is one thing, getting approval to make the app work is a whole different animal. Sadly, the apps most people clamor for, are determined to leave but two platforms on the market.
    Vistaus, moyah8 and Dodger52 like this.
    04-03-16 09:01 PM
    You mean like the native Facebook app BlackBerry had to abandon, since Facebook refused to supply the necessary API? Writing code is one thing, getting approval to make the app work is a whole different animal. Sadly, the apps most people clamor for, are determined to leave but two platforms on the market.
    Well said.
    BigBadWulf and Vistaus like this.
    04-03-16 09:14 PM

It's more like they're both middle fingers from different hands.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 03:42 AM
    I am thread originator so if you can tell me how we can rename it happy too

 Passport
    Timescale isn't a word, and time scale is a quantity of time, not an endpoint.

How about projected release date?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 05:13 AM
    Timescale isn't a word, and time scale is a quantity of time, not an endpoint.

How about projected release date?

Posted via CB10

At time of posting thread the time scale was 'march' as confirmed by Chen!

Not sure if you are being padantic or not, hhmmm

 Passport
    04-04-16 11:47 AM
    At time of posting thread the time scale was 'march' as confirmed by Chen!

Not sure if you are being padantic or not, hhmmm

 Passport
    Once again,

Time scale is a quantity of time, not an absolute value.

So for example, if Chen said the release date was March 1, and it was December 1, the time scale is 3 months, not "March".

Accordingly, going from a March release to a June release means the time scale "has increased by 3 months", not "June".

Decide for yourself if I'm being pedantic or not - you asked what the thread title should be, I told you how to not butcher English and look uneducated in the process. So yes, I'm being pedantic lol.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 12:20 PM
    Once again,

Time scale is a quantity of time, not an absolute value.

So for example, if Chen said the release date was March 1, and it was December 1, the time scale is 3 months, not "March".

Accordingly, going from a March release to a June release means the time scale "has increased by 3 months", not "June".

Decide for yourself if I'm being pedantic or not - you asked what the thread title should be, I told you how to not butcher English and look uneducated in the process. So yes, I'm being pedantic lol.

Posted via CB10
    Always one balloon one the forum . Enough said!

 Passport
    04-04-16 01:21 PM
    Hmm, so your saying that BlackBerry cannot adapt to use the API that Apple uses? Or the API that f10 uses? Or the API that f5 uses? BlackBerry does not need a custom API, just for them, to make an FB app. If FB structures their business such that it shows favoritism of apple and/or Android over others, then there is a possible lawsuit based on 'monopolizing'.

BlackBerry tried to get into the consumer market by using enterprise/government thinking.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-16 02:24 PM
    Not much to really look forward to or get excited by
    04-04-16 04:44 PM
    Hmm, so your saying that BlackBerry cannot adapt to use the API that Apple uses? Or the API that f10 uses? Or the API that f5 uses? BlackBerry does not need a custom API, just for them, to make an FB app. If FB structures their business such that it shows favoritism of apple and/or Android over others, then there is a possible lawsuit based on 'monopolizing'.

BlackBerry tried to get into the consumer market by using enterprise/government thinking.

Posted via CB10
    You need to research anti-trust law some more, along with private business' right to refusal. It's their site, and they have every legal right to control how it is accessed. Even following your logic, Facebook can easily prove BlackBerry users have access to their service, via the browser. Why they've chosen to black balled BlackBerry, is something you'll have to ask the numb nut in charge.
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-04-16 06:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    Beyond what Wulf said, it's been mentioned before that the f10 developer hacked the APIs. He's done it with his other apps too. But he's also a small developer who can get away with it unless Facebook decides to target him directly.

And, no, they can't just adapt the API Apple uses - because Facebook actually writes that app anyway. Facebook writes the Android app. And it's something called "intellectual property" which is much harder for one major company to just "use" when in belongs to another major - and much bigger - company.
    BigBadWulf and moyah8 like this.
    04-05-16 11:58 PM
    T minus 2 months then

 Passport
    04-07-16 03:09 PM
    This is probably a strategy to keep the os 10 users waiting and changing their minds to buy the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    04-08-16 09:42 AM
    This is probably a strategy to keep the os 10 users waiting and changing their minds to buy the Priv.

Posted via CB10
    at the end of 2016 the PRIV is a old soggy sock by then.. LOL

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    04-08-16 11:27 AM
    It is clear from Mr. Chen statement that the ultimate destination is android. No more H/W investment in OS 10. Somehow BlackBerry is legally bound with enterprise BB10 users to provide support till the end of 2016 or 1st quarter of 2017. After that only android.

04-08-16 12:54 PM
    just looking around...
    04-08-16 07:35 PM
    just looking around...
    Nothing new to see here. Same as before... BB10 is dead.

*A3-A20
    04-08-16 09:06 PM
    Nothing new to see here. Same as before... BB10 is dead.

*A3-A20
    Grave Robber

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 06:03 AM
    What kind of upgrades could be part of this update?

Posted via CB10
    04-09-16 08:49 AM
    What kind of upgrades could be part of this update?

Posted via CB10
    Apparently nothing us mere users will witness all under the hood changes security related I believe nothing visually

 Passport
    04-09-16 11:52 AM
    Apparently nothing us mere users will witness all under the hood changes security related I believe nothing visually

 Passport
    ^^ This.

The update provide a big security update and a new level certification (NIAP) .

Other than that, nothing to speak about. But I'm sure you will still hear some people asking for "Dark Hub" but that seems like a pipe dream at this stage LOL

A Berry A Day Keeps The Apple Away
    04-09-16 12:28 PM
676 ... 45678 ...