12-06-16 10:00 PM
676 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Even people that I met that work at Google use a iPhone instead of the android ones they are offered since they are easier to use. It all comes down to pure simplicity for those that are simple.

Posted via CB10
    Yet I know some people who have trouble using their iPhone because they find it difficult. I also played with it in store a few times during the last few years and I don't really get the workflow either. So it's not easy for just anyone.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-14-16 04:43 PM
    Yawn!

 Passport
    09-15-16 03:32 PM
    Counting down the days now when I wave Blackberry 'goodbye'

Enough is enough

 Passport
    09-18-16 01:14 PM
    With so much push to move to cloud based apps, I am finding it more difficult to use my BB10 Z10. The BB10 Web browser no longer makes the cut and with no major update insight, it is getting closer to the time I must drop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 01:42 PM
    T-minus xx days! :P

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    09-18-16 03:18 PM
    I don't really care about the NIAP certification. We know that BB10 is secure. This NIAP thing will just tell us that "BB 10 is VERY secure ". But we only need the update to maintain this security in the first place. There is no reason to put in risk your security and the stability of your ecosystem because you are waiting for someone to confirm that you are secure. It doesn't make sense...
    You can easily roll out the update to keep your customers happy with this maintenance and later you can roll out a patch with NIAP enhancements, or just say "hey guys, now we are finally stratified by NIAP."
    You don't do that, so that means that
    1. You got a great "NO" from NIAP because you have a major security issue and you are trying to resolve it.
    2. You are trying by purpose to slow things down to lead your base to Android.... (this is even worse because you manipulate those customers that remained loyal when needed them most to stay alive) .

It essential to come with a statement to clarify the reason of the delay ( the real one) and with a date.
    Once again, this update will not bring magic, but will maintain what we know for the cutting-edge performance and reliability of BB10. ( it the first time I see my passport lagging......)

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 05:29 PM
    With so much push to move to cloud based apps, I am finding it more difficult to use my BB10 Z10. The BB10 Web browser no longer makes the cut and with no major update insight, it is getting closer to the time I must drop BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    VanAwful, it's time to make the move.

This may be one of my last CB posts, after many years here and almost 2000 posts. I've gone to the other side.

Yesterday I bought an iPhone 7. I have had enough of the poor performance of the Android apps, although Cobalt's incredible work with the Google Play Store and Conite's ever ready help have kept me with BlackBerry for a year longer than I would have done otherwise. And it's clear that OS10 is going nowhere. I don't want a Priv. The wait for Mercury, if it is going to come at all, is too much for me. My wife has an iPhone SE, and all those apps that correspond to the Android ones on the BlackBerry are faster, work without a hitch, have more features, and just plain do the job. And it's so easy to coordinate and manage everything on the phone with iTunes. Not only that, but the app updates are all automatic, with no time sent converting the APK files, not to mention having to patch some of them.

The obvious tradeoff is the lack of the physical keyboard. It's going to be tough adjusting to that, and I'm typing this post on my Passport. One mitigating factor is the predictive text on the iPhone and the great speech recognition for dictating messages. And of course there's Siri.

And think of the time I'll recover by not checking CB every hour! There's a CB app for iPhone, so I won't go away entirely. I may also list my pristine Passport SE and my old and not so pristine Z10 on CB Marketplace.

BlackBerry and OS10, we hardly knew you. R.I.P.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-16 10:53 PM
    VanAwful, it's time to make the move.

This may be one of my last CB posts, after many years here and almost 2000 posts. I've gone to the other side.

Yesterday I bought an iPhone 7. I have had enough of the poor performance of the Android apps, although Cobalt's incredible work with the Google Play Store and Conite's ever ready help have kept me with BlackBerry for a year longer than I would have done otherwise. And it's clear that OS10 is going nowhere. I don't want a Priv. The wait for Mercury, if it is going to come at all, is too much for me. My wife has an iPhone SE, and all those apps that correspond to the Android ones on the BlackBerry are faster, work without a hitch, have more features, and just plain do the job. And it's so easy to coordinate and manage everything on the phone with iTunes. Not only that, but the app updates are all automatic, with no time sent converting the APK files, not to mention having to patch some of them.

The obvious tradeoff is the lack of the physical keyboard. It's going to be tough adjusting to that, and I'm typing this post on my Passport. One mitigating factor is the predictive text on the iPhone and the great speech recognition for dictating messages. And of course there's Siri.

And think of the time I'll recover by not checking CB every hour! There's a CB app for iPhone, so I won't go away entirely. I may also list my pristine Passport SE and my old and not so pristine Z10 on CB Marketplace.

BlackBerry and OS10, we hardly knew you. R.I.P.

Posted via CB10
    Good luck with your iPhone can't wait to join you!

 Passport
    09-21-16 01:57 PM
    Well the pull of the fruit got me in the end!

Iphone ordered goodbye Blackberry and OS10

R.I.P OS10

 Passport
    09-23-16 04:43 PM
    Well the pull of the fruit got me in the end!

Iphone ordered goodbye Blackberry and OS10

R.I.P OS10

 Passport
    I do miss the physical keyboard, but am adjusting. I don't have may email accounts, so the missing Hub is not so bad. The functionality of all the apps I used to struggle with under the crippled Android fork in OS10 more than makes up for everything. My whole family is on iPhone now and we can all communicate with each other very easily and locate everyone via iCloud.

I had a great run with Blackberry and the Passport, but nothing is forever.
    09-23-16 06:43 PM
    I wish you guys nothing but the best with your new phones!

Me, I'll hang in with paws crossed.
    09-23-16 11:16 PM
    Moving towards the end of September now
    Crossing fingers it launches next week.

09-24-16 05:54 AM
    Moving towards the end of September now
    Crossing fingers it launches next week.

Your dry sarcasm is hilarious... will you do a countdown for 10.3.4 too?

Posted via CB10
    Uzi likes this.
    09-24-16 06:03 AM
    I wish you guys nothing but the best with your new phones!

Me, I'll hang in with paws crossed.
    It was done with a heavy heart.

I've been with Blackberry for 10 years.
    BigBadWulf and Uzi like this.
    09-24-16 02:09 PM
    It was done with a heavy heart.

I've been with Blackberry for 10 years.
    There will come a time for each of us, when the level of frustration will exceed the love. It's an odd thing, this bond. The only other inanimate objects I've felt it for, burnt rubber.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    09-24-16 05:51 PM
    Your dry sarcasm is hilarious... will you do a countdown for 10.3.4 too?

Posted via CB10
    Definitely! I'll be posting everyday. Lol

StephanieMaks and Vistaus like this.
    09-25-16 12:36 AM
    Definitely! I'll be posting everyday. Lol

Do one for Nokia with Symbian as well (higher chance)

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 08:38 PM
    I am very sad, but I have had a new iPhone too. :-(
    09-26-16 12:43 PM
    Customers' Loyalty is the key for any business to grow. But it seems to me now that BlackBerry doesn't care that much about it, with broken promises again and again.

This doesn't mean that I don't like the device (Passport SE) and the OS (BB10), but the frustration is just growing.
    09-29-16 09:29 PM
    Not gonna happen folks!
    09-30-16 09:59 AM
    With bated breath ... I wait too.

Due to an unfortunate series of events, I find myself stuck in 10.3.3ville, with no hope of downgrading.

For those of you using 10.3.3, is there a version you consider to be completed enough for daily use? Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have!
    10-09-16 02:49 PM

Due to an unfortunate series of events, I find myself stuck in 10.3.3ville, with no hope of downgrading.

For those of you using 10.3.3, is there a version you consider to be completed enough for daily use? Thanks in advance for any recommendations you might have!
    At the moment, it seems like 10.3.3 is 'days away' (hopefully before November) so it would try just wait for the official release.

10-09-16 03:05 PM
    Could be as little as 364 days away.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-09-16 03:07 PM
    At the moment, it seems like 10.3.3 is 'days away' (hopefully before November) so it would try just wait for the official release.

Cheers.

The official version of 10.3.3 "Godot edition" is obviously micro-seconds away from release! But until it materializes, which specific build of 10.3.3 are you running? I'm running 10.3.3.746, and I'd like something a bit more complete (apps wise). This one is missing basics such as File Manager.

Thanks!
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-09-16 03:26 PM

There's only one version. Here's your temporary solution:

Ok, so here are the 72 missing apps (obtained from the newest files in 10.3.2.2813 and 10.3.2.2876). This will make a fairly complete OS after running the 10.3.3 DEV autoloader.

Please be advised that the following missing features cannot be worked around:

BlackBerry Assistant, BlackBerry Protect, Evernote integration with Remember, clock alarms, bedside mode, and built-in wallpapers.

Load Sachesi, plug in phone, unzip the apps, and "install folder".

https://mega.nz/#!xYAgHTBZ!17juyCJqZ...pf_VXx8tGzsLNk

You can't downgrade, and the PIN watermarks can't be removed.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    10-09-16 03:26 PM
676 ... 2324252627 ...