12-06-16 11:00 PM
676 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    If it's that bad, they wouldn't have wanted to do NIAP. They could just go ahead for BlackBerry Android instead.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    09-10-16 09:01 AM
    I can just see in the future, so many people are going to look back and laugh about how everyone lost their cool about 10.3.3. :P

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    Man Minh Le likes this.
    09-10-16 09:03 AM
    I think what's funny is when Apple puts out a new OS, it seems they intentionally brick older phones so people will buy the new phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 11:02 AM
    I think what's funny is when Apple puts out a new OS, it seems they intentionally brick older phones so people will buy the new phone.

Posted via CB10
    It's especially funny because that's never actually happened. Like how everyone believes BlackBerry went bankrupt in 2013. "They still make phones?!" never gets old, does it?

The real punchline though is, at least Apple customers get updates.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-10-16 11:54 AM
    It's especially funny because that's never actually happened. Like how everyone believes BlackBerry went bankrupt in 2013. "They still make phones?!" never gets old, does it?

Actually it is a good things too people buy new phone , company got the money
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-10-16 12:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Its so funny because that has never happened. But you are criticising the only handset manufacturer who does release updates to everyone, and on time.

Ha ha ha ha.
    09-10-16 12:50 PM
    https://www.google.com/#q=ios%20upda...hones&hl=en-US

Really, never happened? Many articles to choose from to see all the fixes for bricked phones after updating.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-10-16 01:11 PM
    Its so funny because that has never happened. But you are criticising the only handset manufacturer who does release updates to everyone, and on time.

Ha ha ha ha.
    "On time" is relative. Apple never makes statements about "when" an OS update is coming. They just suddenly appear.

Apple also never makes statements about when any new hardware will be released until the week before they actually have it ready to be sold - and by then it actually is ready to be sold. Never mind the leaks and rumors that come from everywhere months beforehand. Apple themselves stay silent.

BlackBerry will say something is coming 6 months to over a year before it's ready (Playbook, anyone?), and we all sit around waiting for it as device after device is dumped onto the world by Samsung, and Apple sits around letting things percolate until they come out and say "Oh, look. Here's the new wonder of the world, and it goes on sale tomorrow".

Chen never should have given a time frame. Only to say, they are working on 10.3.3, but it's not ready - only because he was directly asked about it during one of the shareholder meetings. He should have only said: "we will release it when it is ready, it's not ready yet". Sure, that won't keep a lot of forum members from asking "where is it?". But, at least we wouldn't have all these deadline passing threads.
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-10-16 01:18 PM
    Oct 5, 2015 - Tests show that 'upgrading' to iOS 9 causes 'noticeable slowdown' in the ... devices slow down to encourage users to upgrade to newer models

Every update they do does this to older phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 01:23 PM
    Basically the only ones that are wanting the updates are mostly here on the forums. Many people, no matter what phone they have, do not even know if a update comes out that they should upgrade. The company is on a different track for money and the old is on the way out. I think we all saw that coming with the initial announcement of the Priv. BlackBerry is going to leave the phone hardware business, and just have hand sets that are current just like the DTEK then only work on solutions to other OS's. It will be cheaper in the long run by having less staff to create there own mobile platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 03:20 PM
    The Passport has the best specs, followed by the Z30, and everything else lags behind. The update will cover all BB10. [/COLOR][/B]
    Did i said that it wont cover all bb 10? , I said its not gonna be any deferent befora and after its is securyti update not a android runtime or anything else update ... SO
    09-10-16 03:48 PM

Actually, that does happen to Apple phones. National media covered it over here with lots of proof from actual owners. It was after the iOS 9 update got released. You can also find lots of proof on the internet of other who locked out of their phones and stuff after updating to iOS 9. Media sites also warned not to update yet. Apple even acknowledged it and quickly released 9.0.1 to address the issues.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    09-10-16 04:19 PM

Ha ha ha ha.
    It did and does happen. Btw, how is Apple the only one who releases updates to everyone? If I'm not mistaken, BlackBerry 10.3.3 will be available for all phones as well, including the 3 year old Z10. Sure 10.3.3 is nothing special but the fact that they still support such a 3-year old phone puts them on par with Apple. Also, there's the Android Nexus line.

09-10-16 04:22 PM
    So what you're saying is, you actually don't know what "Bricking" means in the context of consumer electronic devices.

Or you know what it means but chose to use it incorrectly, for the purposes of hyperbole.

As for making announcements and following through... I'll say Apple doesn't make announcements until they know they can keep them. They've announced iOS 10 will be availble on Sept 13th. I'll bet you come Sept 13th it will be available.

Meanwhile BlackBerry announced 10.3.3 would be out for the end of March. Then it was coming in June. Then July. Then August. Now they seem finally to have smartened up and are just keeping their mouths shut.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-10-16 09:36 PM
    first of all who said that crackberry is the official blackberry forum? second i dont really thing they will release it ! why tell me why they should release it to such old devices Z10 Z30 only the classic is the newest out there and PP SE , 2 mobiles that are lets say new ... Others have old mobiles i am not even gona mention Z3 , leap , because they are really weak devices ... also most of the funs gonna transfer to android BB Priv or Dtek50 and they will do the best thing and thats it guys .. finally even if you receive the security patch because its not even an update I dont consider it as an update but as a Patch security. you want feel anything new in BB 10 ! SO useless to even hope what are you hope ? for ? New functions ? no way!
    Did i said that it wont cover all bb 10? , I said its not gonna be any deferent befora and after its is securyti update not a android runtime or anything else update ... SO
    You asked. I told you why.
    09-11-16 12:30 AM
    first of all who said that crackberry is the official blackberry forum? second i dont really thing they will release it ! why tell me why they should release it to such old devices Z10 Z30 only the classic is the newest out there and PP SE , 2 mobiles that are lets say new ... Others have old mobiles i am not even gona mention Z3 , leap , because they are really weak devices ... also most of the funs gonna transfer to android BB Priv or Dtek50 and they will do the best thing and thats it guys .. finally even if you receive the security patch because its not even an update I dont consider it as an update but as a Patch security. you want feel anything new in BB 10 ! SO useless to even hope what are you hope ? for ? New functions ? no way!
    Just to follow up what Wulf said... you do realize that the "newer" Classic uses the same chips as the "older" Z10 - the Snapdragon S4. The whole range of processors used on all the BB10 phones is basically just a handful. That's why it's nothing for BlackBerry to make the OS for all of their BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf and StephanieMaks like this.
    09-11-16 12:51 AM
    Just to follow up what Wulf said... you do realize that the "newer" Classic uses the same chips as the "older" Z10 - the Snapdragon S4. The whole range of processors used on all the BB10 phones is basically just a handful. That's why it's nothing for BlackBerry to make the OS for all of their BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    But they still choose to support them. There are Android phone manufacturers who have multiple phones with a handful of chipsets that don't see any updates or only one of the phone gets updates. So in that regard it's great that BlackBerry doesn't abandon any of their phones.

09-11-16 01:03 AM
    But they still choose to support them. There are Android phone manufacturers who have multiple phones with a handful of chipsets that don't see any updates or only one of the phone gets updates. So in that regard it's great that BlackBerry doesn't abandon any of their phones.

Oh, I agree. It's nice to know my Z10 will still get actual OS updates for as long as BB10 is in development (even if it's only minimal at this point).

I've been burned by BlackBerry in the past with the 9800. An OS 6 device that was pretty much abandoned once they moved on to the 9810. Sure, more builds of OS 6.0 came out, but actual feature development and UI changes that had been asked for and initially teased with OS 6.1 for the OS 6 phones was completely dropped after less than a year when they decided to go to OS 7 for the newer line of phones with newer CPU/GPU capabilities.
    09-11-16 12:02 PM
    Surely the Lone Coder has a sidekick!
    And a dozen Managers

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 04:01 AM
    Blackberry software ready for iphone 10 OS

Who gives one, unless you are a apple user!

What about existing 10.3.2 customers!

 Passport
    Attachment 408280
    09-13-16 12:45 PM
    Blackberry software ready for iphone 10 OS

Who gives one, unless you are a apple user!

What about existing 10.3.2 customers!

 Passport
    Attachment 408280
    There aren't enough 10.X.X users left in total unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 12:59 PM
    There aren't enough 10.X.X users left in total unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    Yip and there will be one less soon!

 Passport
    09-13-16 02:30 PM
    Yip and there will be one less soon!

 Passport
    That's why they don't care about 10.3.3. They're just selling the Hub to everyone on the backend.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-16 02:49 PM
    That's why they don't care about 10.3.3. They're just selling the Hub to everyone on the backend.

Posted via CB10
    They're still waiting to be NIAP approved by that Canadian Government institute. If someone doesn't care it's that institute for being so slow.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-13-16 04:20 PM
    Even people that I met that work at Google use a iPhone instead of the android ones they are offered since they are easier to use. It all comes down to pure simplicity for those that are simple.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-16 05:21 PM
676 ... 2223242526 ...