12-06-16 10:00 PM
676 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Alright, then you go to the certification institution that's busy certifying 10.3.3 We got the link a few days ago so we know the certification is still ongoing. Tell them to hurry up. If not, then just wait, it's not up to BlackBerry right now but up to the certification company.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    What link are you talking about? The NIAP website doesn't list any blackberry devices on their current products in evaluation nor is blackberry in their archive or already certified.
    09-08-16 04:51 PM
    What link are you talking about? The NIAP website doesn't list any blackberry devices on their current products in evaluation nor is blackberry in their archive or already certified.
    They aren't waiting for certification by the American NIAP but by the Canadian government company CSE that handles Canadian security and NIAP certifications: https://www.cse-cst.gc.ca/en/canadia...uation-product

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-08-16 05:06 PM
    Still find it funny that it's the 9th of September and BlackBerry still haven't said anything about them once again not reaching their release date. Very very bad communication. At least say something for the Crackberry fans.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    09-09-16 12:38 AM
    Still find it funny that it's the 9th of September and BlackBerry still haven't said anything about them once again not reaching their release date. Very very bad communication. At least say something for the Crackberry fans.

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    I totally agree with you.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-09-16 01:39 AM
    Oh they said something....they said bookmark the BlackBerry blog for updates on the updates.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 09:18 AM
    Alright, then you go to the certification institution that's busy certifying 10.3.3 We got the link a few days ago so we know the certification is still ongoing. Tell them to hurry up. If not, then just wait, it's not up to BlackBerry right now but up to the certification company.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    Maybe the case but as the days, months, quarters pass I am beginning to loose faith in Blackberry and my pull across attraction to other devices just grows!

 Passport
    09-09-16 12:11 PM
    There is nothing stopping them from releasing the software without that security certification and then announcing that it has been certified at a later date.
    BEEBEEBEEBEE likes this.
    09-09-16 12:14 PM
    Blackberry do not give a 'hoot' for us mere 10 OS customers!

 Passport
    09-09-16 01:01 PM
    Maybe the case but as the days, months, quarters pass I am beginning to loose faith in Blackberry and my pull across attraction to other devices just grows!

 Passport
    When the update comes, and true to his word your phone works just the same, what then?

There is nothing stopping them from releasing the software without that security certification and then announcing that it has been certified at a later date.
    You state these things as if you have knowledge they are facts.
    09-09-16 01:42 PM
    When the update comes, and true to his word your phone works just the same, what then?

Contract renewal then new device new OS!

 Passport
    09-09-16 02:08 PM
    first of all who said that crackberry is the official blackberry forum? second i dont really thing they will release it ! why tell me why they should release it to such old devices Z10 Z30 only the classic is the newest out there and PP SE , 2 mobiles that are lets say new ... Others have old mobiles i am not even gona mention Z3 , leap , because they are really weak devices ... also most of the funs gonna transfer to android BB Priv or Dtek50 and they will do the best thing and thats it guys .. finally even if you receive the security patch because its not even an update I dont consider it as an update but as a Patch security. you want feel anything new in BB 10 ! SO useless to even hope what are you hope ? for ? New functions ? no way!
    09-09-16 02:19 PM
    There's a few other minor things included in 10.3.3 but NIAP is the main thing about this update so it doesn't really make sense to release it w/o NIAP. Besides, if they'd release it now then they'd have to start the certification process for 10.3.4 all over again. And then you complain again that it takes too long and they should release it without. And they might do that and start all over again for 10.3.5 (IF it comes, but I'm naming it just to make a point) And so on, and so forth.
    If they just wait now then 10.3.4 can be released faster 'cause it's already certified.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-09-16 02:23 PM

10.3.3 versions have so far featured an anti-phishing browser feature.

If that feature stays, which many of us hope it does, then the 'phone won't work just the same'.
    09-09-16 07:03 PM
    first of all who said that crackberry is the official blackberry forum? second i dont really thing they will release it ! why tell me why they should release it to such old devices Z10 Z30 only the classic is the newest out there and PP SE , 2 mobiles that are lets say new ... Others have old mobiles i am not even gona mention Z3 , leap , because they are really weak devices ... also most of the funs gonna transfer to android BB Priv or Dtek50 and they will do the best thing and thats it guys .. finally even if you receive the security patch because its not even an update I dont consider it as an update but as a Patch security. you want feel anything new in BB 10 ! SO useless to even hope what are you hope ? for ? New functions ? no way!
    The Passport has the best specs, followed by the Z30, and everything else lags behind. The update will cover all BB10.

If that feature stays, which many of us hope it does, then the 'phone won't work just the same'.
    Yes, I know . It's not much of a change. Even dark hub would be a big deal comparatively, and from my perspective that's nothing more than a feature enhancement. Were there to be anything much advancing, it would be 10.4, not 10.3.3. Y'all are looking at lipstick, like it's rhinoplasty.
    09-09-16 07:38 PM

And the issue with some security Certificates.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    09-09-16 07:39 PM
    BlackBerry is pretty committed to this upgrade being NIAP certified and already state it https://help.blackberry.com/en/bes12...470955586.html

Besides if 10.3.3 has little else to offer other than it being NIAP certified then what is the point of releasing it while the certification is still pending?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-09-16 09:04 PM
    One thing (among many) I'm confused about.

If BlackBerry has pretty much dropped BB10 support and decimated the in house BB10 developers, who's working on 10.4, and why are they bothering?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 09:17 PM
    One thing (among many) I'm confused about.

If BlackBerry has pretty much dropped BB10 support and decimated the in house BB10 developers, who's working on 10.4, and why are they bothering?

Posted via CB10
    They still are supporting, actively if slowly developing 10.3.3, and will start on 10.3.4 once they've finished refining 10.3.3, which by current standards would be somewhere around 10.3.3.3000. They're halfway to that now.
    09-09-16 09:23 PM
    The Passport has the best specs, followed by the Z30, and everything else lags behind. The update will cover all BB10.

Yes, I know . It's not much of a change. Even dark hub would be a big deal comparatively, and from my perspective that's nothing more than a feature enhancement. Were there to be anything much advancing, it would be 10.4, not 10.3.3. Y'all are looking at lipstick, like it's rhinoplasty.
    Version numbers don't say anything. Look at Firefox for desktop, for example. They throw out new major versions every 6 weeks and sometimes they hardly feature anything more than bug fixes and security updates. And other times they do feature a lot more than that. So theoretically 10.3.3 could've included a lot more and 10.4 could've been bug fixes only.

09-09-16 11:52 PM
    What I find funny is that some people here claim that Apple supports their phones better. Meanwhile, even the upcoming 10.3.3 update will support all BlackBerry's so the new anti-phishing feature in the browser will benefit everyone but more importantly: they still support their old devices this way. So IMHO, when it comes down to support, they're on par with Apple and by far better than most Android manufacturers.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  ,Passport (OG Red)
    09-09-16 11:55 PM
    They still are supporting, actively if slowly developing 10.3.3, and will start on 10.3.4 once they've finished refining 10.3.3, which by current standards would be somewhere around 10.3.3.3000. They're halfway to that now.
    Yes, I meant to write 10.3.4, not 10.4. I wonder how many the "they" are who are left at BlackBerry to work on OS10. Of course, it would only take one coder, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-16 11:57 PM
    Yes, I meant to write 10.3.4, not 10.4. I wonder how many the "they" are who are left at BlackBerry to work on OS10. Of course, it would only take one coder, I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    Why does everyone keep implying one coder is a bad thing? There are many apps, themes and whatnot for all sorts of platforms that get great support and new features regularly by the one coder behind them. So one coder doesn't have to be a bad thing per se.

09-10-16 12:03 AM
    Surely the Lone Coder has a sidekick!
    09-10-16 05:22 AM
    Why does everyone keep implying one coder is a bad thing? There are many apps, themes and whatnot for all sorts of platforms that get great support and new features regularly by the one coder behind them. So one coder doesn't have to be a bad thing per se.

We're talking about multinational and multibillion dollar company, not some tech startup in somebody's basement. One coder is same as No coder is this situation. Look at the level of support and commitment given to Android by the same company and management team.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-16 06:05 AM
    We're talking about multinational and multibillion dollar company, not some tech startup in somebody's basement. One coder is same as No coder is this situation. Look at the level of support and commitment given to Android by the same company and management team.

Posted via CB10
    Does anyone really know how many coders are left to work on bb10?
    09-10-16 06:34 AM
676 ... 2122232425 ...