12-06-16 11:00 PM
676 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    @ioan_calin said that people don't care about secure OS's so Nougat will fail lol

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    The average consumer does not care, go around and ask what they look for in a phone and you'll get the answer. Nougat is the normal development of an OS, namely Android, which has grown over the years. Unlike BB10 which is on life support...

Posted via CB10
    Rustiman likes this.
    09-03-16 01:42 AM
    The key to a companies success is consistency. Apple is successful because they are intentionally consistent, and reliable. When they say something is happening on a certain day, it happens.

Posted via CB10
    ioan_calin and elfabio80 like this.
    09-03-16 12:11 PM
    The average consumer does not care, go around and ask what they look for in a phone and you'll get the answer. Nougat is the normal development of an OS, namely Android, which has grown over the years. Unlike BB10 which is on life support...

Posted via CB10
    Not sure why you're teaching me 'cause I know that already. Don't you know what 'lol' in my previous post means?

09-03-16 03:13 PM
    The key to a companies success is consistency. Apple is successful because they are intentionally consistent, and reliable. When they say something is happening on a certain day, it happens.

Posted via CB10
    Which also has the downside of improper code planning. They release whatever's done, regardless of how unstable or buggy it may be. That has cost them quite a few customers.
    I'm not saying BlackBerry is always doing the right thing when it comes to updates (i.e. 10.3.3), but at least their updates are usually stable and hardly ever brick any phones.

09-03-16 03:15 PM
    Which also has the downside of improper code planning. They release whatever's done, regardless of how unstable or buggy it may be. That has cost them quite a few customers.
    I'm not saying BlackBerry is always doing the right thing when it comes to updates (i.e. 10.3.3), but at least their updates are usually stable and hardly ever brick any phones.

Agreed. My current OS is perfectly fine, just keen on improvements that is my frustration.

Blackberry do though need to get smarter on managing expectations when OS improvements are coming too many false dawns for me

 Passport
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-03-16 03:24 PM
    Not sure why you're teaching me 'cause I know that already. Don't you know what 'lol' in my previous post means?

Sorry, I did not mean to be rude or something. I sure know what lol means. I am just kinda pissed off about this, since I have been using only BlackBerry for the last 7 years.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 03:43 PM
    Sorry, I did not mean to be rude or something. I sure know what lol means. I am just kinda pissed off about this, since I have been using only BlackBerry for the last 7 years.

Posted via CB10
    I can understand frustration, but we're waiting for much of nothing. There's no sense in getting all worked up about the delay. That is, unless you are a top security government administrator, waiting for 10.3.3, to distribute a lot of phones to needy officials.
    ioan_calin likes this.
    09-03-16 03:53 PM

Posted via CB10
    I understand. But my point is that I was *only* making a little joke in that 'lol' post.

09-03-16 04:12 PM
    I just want my alarm clock back

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 09:55 PM
    And my assistant

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 09:55 PM
    I just want my alarm clock back

Posted via CB10
    Have you installed the DEV build? 'Cause it should still be there.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    09-04-16 12:49 AM
    It's there, but when you set the alarm is says it will go off in like 408 hours, or something

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 08:38 AM
    They are also doing lots more damage to what's left of their reputation with existing customers. A lot of these existing customers also influence corporate buying decisions for mobile devices.
    09-04-16 11:34 AM
    They are also doing lots more damage to what's left of their reputation with existing customers. A lot of these existing customers also influence corporate buying decisions for mobile devices.
    I sincerely doubt the overwhelming majority of smartphone users have the slightest clue when/if their phone would be updated. This "need" is a predominantly CrackBerry phenomenon.

The exception would be the corporate buyer in need of top level security, and for them like BlackBerry, the wait is outside their control.
    09-04-16 11:57 AM
    I wasn't being clear. Yes - I meant corporate buying departments and corporate IT teams.
    09-04-16 11:58 AM
    T - Minus 57 days! ^_^

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    09-04-16 12:07 PM
    I wasn't being clear. Yes - I meant corporate buying departments and corporate IT teams.
    They would of course do their research, know BB10 is a dead end OS with extremely low likelihood of any new models, and make their purchase decisions based on those issues. Why would a delayed security update be "the" problem?
    09-04-16 12:12 PM
    I think it be more likely the final straw.

I don't know how blackberry are marketing the dtek and priv to new target customers, but if they are, due diligence into their support for updates previously would be relevant. Perhaps they have just given up completely though.
    09-04-16 12:26 PM
    I think it be more likely the final straw.

I don't know how blackberry are marketing the dtek and priv to new target customers, but if they are, due diligence into their support for updates previously would be relevant. Perhaps they have just given up completely though.
    You do understand that corporations secure enough to restrict BYOD, also restrict OS upgrading, unless a need arises due to security issues? You are thinking like a consumer, and reflecting that same perspective upon a completely different purchasing group.
    09-04-16 12:38 PM
    You do understand that corporations secure enough to restrict BYOD, also restrict OS upgrading, unless a need arises due to security issues? You are thinking like a consumer, and reflecting that same perspective upon a completely different purchasing group.
    Very BOLD statement.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    magicdesign likes this.
    09-04-16 12:46 PM
    It's a Chen con trick. It ain't gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 01:09 PM
    Do what the rest of us are doing. Stop complaining and get rid of bb10 ASAP.

Posted via CB10
    It's a Chen con trick. It ain't gonna happen.

Posted via CB10
    Please, either follow your own advice, or provide some supportive evidence those certifying 10.3.3 are in on the "con".
    Vistaus likes this.
    09-04-16 01:22 PM
    Given NIAP I don't think they'd restrict this update.

BigBadWulf likes this.
    09-04-16 03:16 PM
    Given NIAP I don't think they'd restrict this update.

Most likely not, but I'm unaware of a current risk that would require an update. This is to acquire new, top security customers.
    09-04-16 03:43 PM
    Most likely not, but I'm unaware of a current risk that would require an update.
    I guess that means there definitely isn't one then.
    09-04-16 03:44 PM
676 ... 1920212223 ...