12-06-16 10:00 PM
676 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    sorry nothing yet

 BlackBerry Z10
    T - Minues um, 40?

Posted Via BlackBerry Noble OS 10.3.3
    08-18-16 12:47 AM
    Seriously annoying the support on BB, I'm waiting for this android runtime fix for months now and it's so obvious i don't know why this doesnt get a quick patch. I'm frustrated more and more with how they deal with their customer base.
    08-18-16 01:14 AM
    Seriously annoying the support on BB, I'm waiting for this android runtime fix for months now and it's so obvious i don't know why this doesnt get a quick patch. I'm frustrated more and more with how they deal with their customer base.
    It did. It's on BlackBerry World. Do a search and you'll find it. But I understand your frustration, I've been waiting for an update just for the sake of getting one, not for added functionality but they keep dragging their feet. If I had a better physical keyboard alternative I would ditch them but no one is making those anymore so I have to stick with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-18-16 01:46 AM
    Xmas will be here soon, then maybe we will get the OS drop

Lol

 Passport
    08-18-16 06:51 AM
    Xmas will be here soon, then maybe we will get the OS drop

Lol

 Passport
    More likely an EOL drop than an OS drop

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 10:56 AM
    More likely an EOL drop than an OS drop

Posted via CB10
    BB10 will be supported until at least the end of 2017, that's already been stated in their update stance in their fiscal results so confirmed.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    08-18-16 12:11 PM
    BB10 will be supported until at least the end of 2017, that's already been stated in their update stance in their fiscal results so confirmed.

Means nothing. They could announce at any time that they have decided to terminate BB10. They did it with the PlayBook. They stated bb10 would release for the PlayBook. They even had the tools baked into the dev suite ready to go. Then Heins decided to pull the plug. Said the performance of the PlayBook was not good enough to keep it around.

So no, there is no guarantee that an updated OS will be released, nor that BlackBerry will support BB10 until Dec 2017.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-16 11:10 PM
    Means nothing. They could announce at any time that they have decided to terminate BB10. They did it with the PlayBook. They stated bb10 would release for the PlayBook. They even had the tools baked into the dev suite ready to go. Then Heins decided to pull the plug. Said the performance of the PlayBook was not good enough to keep it around.

So no, there is no guarantee that an updated OS will be released, nor that BlackBerry will support BB10 until Dec 2017.

Posted via CB10
    They still have contracts with some companies who use BB10 which aren't expiring this year. Killing it off before the end of those contracts means BlackBerry will get sued. And they can't afford that right now. And on top of that, the shareholders wouldn't be impressed either with them stating false things in fiscal results.

Playbook is different business. Look at how long BBOS7 was supported after the final release announcement of BB10. That means we still have another year with BB10 (given the final release announcement date of their Android stuff). Again: Playbook wasn't their core business as it didn't really sell that well. BB10 phones are no money maker either but combined more so than the Playbook ever was.

08-18-16 11:54 PM
    They can say they are still committed to BB10 all they want but their actions don't back it up. When was the last time they updated anything for BB10? They already killed their facebook app, they are killing blend, and the rest of their core apps are in a half working state. The OS update we are all waiting for apparently brings nothing new and has been delayed multiple times.

On the other hand the android version of their apps seems to be getting updates. So what are they really committed to?

Posted via CB10
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    08-19-16 12:40 AM
    To be fair, BlackBerry didn't kill the Facebook app themselves. That was done for them by Facebook with the removal of access to certain APIs that the app relied on. And Facebook refused to let BlackBerry have access to any new ones. Remember that BlackBerry developed the app themselves. Facebook makes the app for Android and iOS.

Sure, a small third party developer was able to reverse-engineer those APIs, but if BlackBerry were to do that, Facebook would bring an army of lawyers on them. A small one-man-shop developer isn't worth it. But BlackBerry, despite its issues, is still bigger fish.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-19-16 06:54 AM
    To be fair, BlackBerry didn't kill the Facebook app themselves. That was done for them by Facebook with the removal of access to certain APIs that the app relied on. And Facebook refused to let BlackBerry have access to any new ones. Remember that BlackBerry developed the app themselves. Facebook makes the app for Android and iOS.

Sure, a small third party developer was able to reverse-engineer those APIs, but if BlackBerry were to do that, Facebook would bring an army of lawyers on them. A small one-man-shop developer isn't worth it. But BlackBerry, despite its issues, is still bigger fish.

Posted via CB10
    Stopping a single dev is worth it in their eyes. I mean: look at what Facebook's WhatsApp team did: they C&D'd all single devs who reverse-engineered WA's API's.

08-19-16 03:45 PM
    They're as committed to BB10 as I was to my first wife.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    That's what she said.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.2.2813
    08-19-16 04:36 PM

Ma'an. What level of support was specifically mentioned is the key!!

Consumer support or Enterprise & Government support for devices on BES12 servers?! THAT is the key because they'd be in some serious financial legal wars if they cut those off.

Check discontinued device list and you get 2017, but nowhere does it state the OS is supported in discontinued devices for updates but you can still wipe and reinstall the same current OS. Hardware has one year manufacturers warranty but as we know that is very lame. Enjoy waiting 6wks for your devices coming back for something barely fixed at all. Keyboard backlight issue seems to be common on Classic models.

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    08-21-16 10:55 AM
    Ma'an. What level of support was specifically mentioned is the key!!

Consumer support or Enterprise & Government support for devices on BES12 servers?! THAT is the key because they'd be in some serious financial legal wars if they cut those off.

Check discontinued device list and you get 2017, but nowhere does it state the OS is supported in discontinued devices for updates but you can still wipe and reinstall the same current OS. Hardware has one year manufacturers warranty but as we know that is very lame. Enjoy waiting 6wks for your devices coming back for something barely fixed at all. Keyboard backlight issue seems to be common on Classic models.

 P A S S P O R T ;=> Yeah it gets me excited
    I actually have 2 years of manufacturers warranty. Only in the US (and maybe Canada?) you have 1 year.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    Last edited by Vistaus; 08-21-16 at 04:51 PM.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    08-21-16 03:56 PM
    T-Minus 5 days! (or else BlackBerry)

08-26-16 12:38 PM
    T-Minus 5 days! (or else BlackBerry)

5 days 'til Christmas?

Wow, the year sure went by quick.

Posted via CB10
    Matty likes this.
    08-26-16 01:31 PM
    Suck it Felger!
    08-26-16 01:37 PM
    Looks like September now, though not positive now on what year!

 Passport
    08-26-16 03:35 PM
    Looks like September now, though not positive now on what year!

 Passport
    I think this never-ending wait is becoming too stupid for words. Im very much aware that 10.3 is only security certificates and brings no features to the end user.

For me, the upcoming 10.3.3 release is their way of showing commitment to BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry have been very vocal about still being 'committed' to BlackBerry 10, but their actions speak louder than words...

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ιт > 
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    08-27-16 06:19 AM
    I think this never-ending wait is becoming too stupid for words. Im very much aware that 10.3 is only security certificates and brings no features to the end user.

For me, the upcoming 10.3.3 release is their way of showing commitment to BlackBerry 10. BlackBerry have been very vocal about still being 'committed' to BlackBerry 10, but their actions speak louder than words...

This, a hundred times, this.
    ZeBB45 and Rustiman like this.
    08-27-16 09:20 AM

So you're calling a new switch to enable/disable anti-phising in the browser no new feature?

Posted via CB10 using my amazing BlackBerry Passport (OG Red) <3
    08-27-16 03:51 PM
    T-Minus 2 Days ^_^ #KeepingFaith

08-29-16 03:20 PM
    T-Minus 2 Days ^_^ #KeepingFaith

That's funny as hell......

08-29-16 03:39 PM
    That's funny as hell......

I'm guessing 10.3.3 will be a Christmas present for us blackberry lovers

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 10:42 AM
    I'm guessing 10.3.3 will be a Christmas present for us blackberry lovers

Posted via CB10
    It would be more romantic as a Valentine's Day gift for us BlackBerry lovers next February.

 Passport filter-evading the NSA  Make BlackBerry Great Again!
    08-30-16 11:16 AM
676 ... 1718192021 ...