10-13-15 04:23 AM
34 12
    Astounding how some people don't understand autoloader. You should always wipe before using an autoloader. The best course of action is os reload using BlackBerry link and then autoloader.
    If you simply cannot be bothered to wipe first, don't use the autoloader. Time and time again we say this..
    The first thing the autoloader does is a wipe...

Posted via CB10
    hassanalusi likes this.
    06-18-15 12:23 PM
    Your problem is you have a verzion z30.

I see more problems with that model and os versions than any other.

 Z30 STA100-5/
    06-19-15 06:43 AM
    Actually, he has a point....

Some here are on the official 10.3.2 'Beta' program. I think it's ludicrous that the 'no going back feature' is even considered to be implemented in a Beta release.
    There should have been a failsafe path to revert back to 10.3.1 should you leave the beta program or not be happy in any way.

This failsafe path then subsequently removed come the official 10.3.2 release.

I am not on the beta program but I wonder if there was a disclaimer when users signed up that there would be no going back, or did it take someone to learn the hard way...
    Kamika007z likes this.
    06-22-15 12:54 AM
    FWIW, I routinely experience instability and sometimes out-right failure in apps (Android and otherwise) after upgrading my OS. Generally I think there is an evolutionary "lag" in the iterations of the OS and the iterations of the offending apps. That I do think that it is the apps that are the offenders, not the OS. And I expect that to continue as long as I'm loading unofficial OS iterations. It would be pretty unrealistic to expect every app developer to update their ware for every leaked OS iteration that makes its way to the WoolyWildWeb.

06-22-15 12:44 PM
    So to be clear, the gist is 10.3.2 does not allow you to go back to 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    amazing isnt it ! Isnt BB OS 10 a great thing ?

I love my Z30 and OS10 but it is far from being as great as some people here are claiming. It still feels like a beta version or even a work in progress. So many things are no working and so many features it still doesn't have.
    Its like an XDA Android ROM in alpha stage with less bugs.
    No wonders why they are still losing market shares (read the numbers published this morning).
    They obviously need a new leadership in the OS department. Someone less "fanboy" probably. There are so many incoherences with the swipes/buttons options, even in the built in apps. If they cant even see them anymore then they probably need fresh blood asap.

If Apple takes the crown for the most intuitive OS, BB OS10 is certainly not second.
    Ironically, they could be the leader with a little cleap up.
    06-23-15 09:44 AM
    If Apple takes the crown for the most intuitive OS, BB OS10 is certainly not second.
    so if its currently

and bb10 only needs, "a little clean up" to be the top, wouldn't that mean all 3 are very close already?
    06-23-15 04:54 PM

I can never understand how this could be!! Apple is just based on apps, and more apps.. bare bone off the shelf / out the box, an IOS device is nothing compared to a bare bone / out the box BlackBerry 10 device!

Whilst on the topic of no going back, I don't see why the surprise / up evil on this. Apple have been known to be doing this for ages. I personally don't have a issue with this new feature that BlackBerry has introduced as I now feel safe in the knowledge that should my device become lost or stolen, it will be nothing more than a pretty brick for its new owner. For me, and my job, security is paramount and I totally welcome this new feature of "no going back".

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/
    06-25-15 02:18 PM
    At our company we have various devices syncing through active sync to Exchange 2013 sp1. The 2 Q10s that were updated to 10.3.2 (2474), stopped updating emails randomly. No problem with data connection, no problem from exchange side. They just lose (both Q10s simultaneously) syncing capability without any error message to phone or server. And the idea not to be able to downgrade to another version is a crappy idea! Last time I buy BB10 for the company, I am done!
    10-13-15 03:30 AM
    I will post this in the beginning instead. These are all general issues I've had since loading 10.3.1 and 10.3.2. Some things I would hope developers keep note while trying to make a stable, updated, and official OS:
    1 - We're all using Android Apps. Amazon App Store is okay, but I believe most of us are still getting our apps through "other" app stores
    2 - The anti-theft feature in 10.3.2 works wonderfully!! Trying to go back to a more stable 10.3.1 or official 10.2.1, I got shut down hard. No going back. Great Job!! Please don't include it in unstable leaks - especially when our phones are getting bricked.
    3 - Android runtime seems to have problems distinguishing which apps it is running. As I write this, I keep hearing the Waze redirect sound while staring at the Verizon welcome screen. It especially has problems when running 3 or more Android apps.
    4 - Why is there a delay when answering the phone, making a call, hanging up, etc.?? I'm starting to think it is a radio issue. It was a similar problem on Android radios for rooted devices. I'm not an OS developer, just wondering.

On to my late night rant...

After happily sticking to the official 10.2.1 Verizon OS on my Z30 for well over a year, I decided to finally plunge into 10.3.1 leaks back in the end of April. Features like the File and Delete buttons and the separate lock screen and home screen were nice. Android runtime was making Waze via Snap fun to use again (curse you Waze on BlackBerry App World).

A few weeks went by with no problems, but then, Android Runtime started acting buggy. It didn't know whether it was running Waze, Shazam, or Yelp sometimes. Thus, I tried my hand at reloading 10.3.1 again. There are some strange differences between using the autoloader and the Sachesi download, unzip, etc. versions of 10.3.1. The autoloader version couldn't send MMS texts. The Sachesi one locked me out of notification sounds in File Manager, and the Sachesi version had the dreaded one to two second delay in calling and picking up.

Another few weeks went by, and this past week I finally decided to try 10.3.2. Yes, I was well aware that I couldn't go back to 10.3.1, but why would I?? 10.3.2 couldn't possibly be THAT unstable. WELL....

First, let me also add that I used Cobalt's apps to "help" the glitches on apps that depended on Google Services. I love Cobalt's apps and I am very grateful for them. What started to drive me crazy was that Android Runtime started acting REALLY weird. Constant notifications like "Google Play Services shut down unexpectedly" kept coming up. Waze would hang at the worst possible times, like, when I'm driving and needing directions. Shazam just wouldn't start. Finally, everything just started running extra slow. The screen would not be responsive, and the 1-2 second delays turned into 5-7 second delays. Oh yeah, and I wasn't receiving calls!! (I looked at how many times my wife called me on her phone compared to the times I received a miss call from her. Yeah, it was my phone.)

Long story short - I reloaded with Sachesi, and things were no longer smooth. I then tried reusing the autoloader I originally downloaded for *At this point, the Cobalt apps were gone from my phone. Clean install.* Fired up Waze, set it up, and started driving. Everything seemed fine until halfway on my trip, when Waze just blacked out. When I got to my destination, I tried doing a hard reset, and it wasn't working. I then tried doing a normal reset, and now my phone is stuck on the Verizon red login screen of brick.

As I'm writing this, I saw that has just been "leaked" into the forums. I will definitely see if I can install this to fix my bricked Z30.
    Priv seems to be made for you...

Posted via CB10
    10-13-15 04:23 AM
34 12