10-13-15 04:23 AM
34 12
tools
    I will post this in the beginning instead. These are all general issues I've had since loading 10.3.1 and 10.3.2. Some things I would hope developers keep note while trying to make a stable, updated, and official OS:
    1 - We're all using Android Apps. Amazon App Store is okay, but I believe most of us are still getting our apps through "other" app stores
    2 - The anti-theft feature in 10.3.2 works wonderfully!! Trying to go back to a more stable 10.3.1 or official 10.2.1, I got shut down hard. No going back. Great Job!! Please don't include it in unstable leaks - especially when our phones are getting bricked.
    3 - Android runtime seems to have problems distinguishing which apps it is running. As I write this, I keep hearing the Waze redirect sound while staring at the Verizon welcome screen. It especially has problems when running 3 or more Android apps.
    4 - Why is there a delay when answering the phone, making a call, hanging up, etc.?? I'm starting to think it is a radio issue. It was a similar problem on Android radios for rooted devices. I'm not an OS developer, just wondering.

On to my late night rant...

After happily sticking to the official 10.2.1 Verizon OS on my Z30 for well over a year, I decided to finally plunge into 10.3.1 leaks back in the end of April. Features like the File and Delete buttons and the separate lock screen and home screen were nice. Android runtime was making Waze via Snap fun to use again (curse you Waze on BlackBerry App World).

A few weeks went by with no problems, but then, Android Runtime started acting buggy. It didn't know whether it was running Waze, Shazam, or Yelp sometimes. Thus, I tried my hand at reloading 10.3.1 again. There are some strange differences between using the autoloader and the Sachesi download, unzip, etc. versions of 10.3.1. The autoloader version couldn't send MMS texts. The Sachesi one locked me out of notification sounds in File Manager, and the Sachesi version had the dreaded one to two second delay in calling and picking up.

Another few weeks went by, and this past week I finally decided to try 10.3.2. Yes, I was well aware that I couldn't go back to 10.3.1, but why would I?? 10.3.2 couldn't possibly be THAT unstable. WELL....

First, let me also add that I used Cobalt's apps to "help" the glitches on apps that depended on Google Services. I love Cobalt's apps and I am very grateful for them. What started to drive me crazy was that Android Runtime started acting REALLY weird. Constant notifications like "Google Play Services shut down unexpectedly" kept coming up. Waze would hang at the worst possible times, like, when I'm driving and needing directions. Shazam just wouldn't start. Finally, everything just started running extra slow. The screen would not be responsive, and the 1-2 second delays turned into 5-7 second delays. Oh yeah, and I wasn't receiving calls!! (I looked at how many times my wife called me on her phone compared to the times I received a miss call from her. Yeah, it was my phone.)

Long story short - I reloaded 10.3.2.680 with Sachesi, and things were no longer smooth. I then tried reusing the autoloader I originally downloaded for 10.3.2.680. *At this point, the Cobalt apps were gone from my phone. Clean install.* Fired up Waze, set it up, and started driving. Everything seemed fine until halfway on my trip, when Waze just blacked out. When I got to my destination, I tried doing a hard reset, and it wasn't working. I then tried doing a normal reset, and now my phone is stuck on the Verizon red login screen of brick.

As I'm writing this, I saw that 10.3.2.798 has just been "leaked" into the forums. I will definitely see if I can install this to fix my bricked Z30.
    06-03-15 12:04 AM
    Lol
    First and most of all, you should Never install leak!
    Leak in most cases is not official os. You install it at your own risk. You have no obligation to install it that way.

Deal with it!

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    06-03-15 02:56 AM
    Get Android device. End of your Android app story. Just sayin'

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    06-03-15 03:48 AM
    Firstly, android apps lagging doesn't constitute as a bricked BlackBerry.
    Secondly, maybe try a different version of the android app instead of constantly wiping your device. You are obviously having issues with the app itself, not the overall OS performance.
    Thirdly, and most importantly, 10.3.2.798 has the same build date as 680, very little has l changed. But you are free to try.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-03-15 03:53 AM
    Get Android device. End of your Android app story. Just sayin'

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.798
    +1

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 04:40 AM
    I had some similar issues on 680, specifically the delay thing.
    I'm thinking it may be android apps running in the background but I just don't know. The phone just started to slow down over time.
    It can be the cobalt apps making something crash with the android runtime. Just assumptions.

Loaded up 798 yesterday aand it seems smoother now.
    I'm still getting some notifications about Google services bla bla bla, but hey what can you expect.

I will try to wipe and run the 798 autoloader and start without cobalt apps and just use Snap as I used to.

Hopefully the android apps will be better in near future.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 06:44 AM
    680 made my phone so unbearable to use, I had to change to a z10 for a few days before the update had came out. 798 is a lot better so far. No hangs and freedom yet on my Z30.

Posted from My UZZ30!
    06-03-15 06:58 AM
    798 is so smooth. I can't relate to Any of the op's issues.

Q10 on 10.3.2.798
    d3rd and dragon1234 like this.
    06-08-15 01:50 PM
    For the most part I've never had any problems that you've had. The mms problem sounds like you used an autoloader then did a security wipe. (at: least most who had that problem did) after the security wipe re install the autoloader. Some of the android player issues may be from your use of colbalt patched apps(ive never used them and you may have had a bad install)

Posted via CB10
    06-08-15 02:57 PM
    You need a clean install. Something is screwed up big time.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Mr4aces likes this.
    06-08-15 03:16 PM
    You need a clean install. Something is screwed up big time.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    I'd have to go with this. There is no way a OS install is causing that much damaged, especially with 10.3.2.680 as an official release

Posted via the REDPORT (custom BBM pin:REDPORT)
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-08-15 03:26 PM
    I will third that

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-08-15 03:30 PM
    Sorry for ya pain OP.. but you do know there are other devices out there ya know! Just saying.

You could also wait for the official 10.3.2 as that may solve some of the problems you are having. Also, it would appear that John Chen may be cooking something up for BlackBerry App gap.

Watch this space.. well, not this one literally! :-)

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    Dave Bourque likes this.
    06-08-15 03:39 PM
    I can't connect to Blend after update os 10.3.2. Anyone else?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:01 PM
    I am having some issues with my z30 getting warm and proximity sensor staying on after phone calls. And the top gets really hot.

Going to wipe today and hopefully it fixes my issues. I am on. 798

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 03:03 PM
    798 is so smooth. I can't relate to Any of the op's issues.

Q10 on 10.3.2.798
    Same experience with my Z30, 798 is working great and I use Waze all the time. I did experience a crash a couple of times but shutting down Waze and starting it again always worked. My phone is as fast as always but I do not keep a bunch of app running and kill all the apps running on the background.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 04:49 PM
    798 was the ****tiest for me even though I used an autoloader. 2204 got out just a couple of days after 798 and I didn't have the patience to use an autoloader again so I used sachesi. It works way better than 798.

I suggest you use an autoloader to get to the latest leaked version.

As for android apps... I just use apk and it worked great so far. If an app is buggy I roll back to an older version and I check for new releases on the Google play store from time to time. Then I download the latest using an apk downloader. Granted I use only 5 or so android apps so it's not much work.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-15 06:31 PM
    Agree 798 was not good but autoloader 2204 and this is so good I actually took my daily sim out of my g3 to run with this on my z10 for a few days. Lightning browser working very well. Give me a 5.5 inch 400ppi screen and I'm a happy boy.
    06-16-15 07:42 AM
    Lol
    First and most of all, you should Never install leak!
    Leak in most cases is not official os. You install it at your own risk. You have no obligation to install it that way.

Deal with it!

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    Just shut up...
    1magine and hassanalusi like this.
    06-16-15 10:43 AM
    Is it just me or did this sound like an entitled "I don't like how the software I shouldn't have or use works! Stupid BlackBerry!"

Sure go ahead and install leaks but if you can't go back and don't like it that is your problem and your problem alone. Unless you were trying to warn others.

Now for what I agree with. Runtime does seem to get confused. I'll open one app and instead another will show on the screen before it minimizes and makes me tap on the open app again to actually get it to work properly. It's like it's not truly running multiple apps but instead running multiple apps in one container that isn't separated well at all...

If they just made the runtime more efficient I would have no reason to look at a new phone for another two years probably. Other than the fact that the app gap gets to me I still love my Z10. And android app performance sucks. It's so inefficient that sometimes the keyboard lags in Android apps. That's a bit absurd.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 01:28 PM
    Just shut up...
    lol
    06-16-15 02:54 PM
    @OP, try reloading or upgrading to .2204 as previously suggested. Good Luck! Again, to others, regardless of what the rest of us post- good, great, buttery smooth, etc..., DO NOT upgrade your BlackBerry unless you are having issues "related' to the OS or reviewed the threads(maybe take a few notations) and are willing to accept responsibility as mentioned with "every" posted OS leak as a *disclaimer*. If whatever OS you are using is working great, stay with it. The updates are internal fixes and most (of us) are not going to see anything major. If changes are major, it will be posted. IJS
    06-17-15 10:51 AM
    Just shut up...
    Funny, very funny. I'm not going to laugh because it was so mean, but very funny.
    06-17-15 10:59 AM
    Astounding how some people don't understand autoloader. You should always wipe before using an autoloader. The best course of action is os reload using BlackBerry link and then autoloader.
    If you simply cannot be bothered to wipe first, don't use the autoloader. Time and time again we say this..
    06-17-15 02:42 PM
    So to be clear, the gist is 10.3.2 does not allow you to go back to 10.3.1?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:51 PM
34 12