05-10-15 02:37 PM
126 ... 23456
tools
    The only thing I need BlackBerry to update is the android runtime. Sticking with 4.3 is not very efficient when google's android runtime is already 5.0. Some apps don't even support 4.3 anymore.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport - 10.3.1.2576
    How can you determine the Android version of BlackBerry runtime? Any chance they'll go to 5.0 with 10.3.2? The list of fixes for the beta release mentioned the Android runtime as one of them. My problem is with MLB AtBat streaming video. It crashes the app. Is that an Android version compatibility issue?

Lots of questions, I know.
    04-18-15 07:51 PM
    Why even start a thread like........uh, never mind.
    muindor likes this.
    04-18-15 09:17 PM
    I hope this OS never gets leaked and those who have it should shut up about it and give proper feedback directly to BlackBerry as SUPPOSED TO!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 03:08 AM
    I hope this OS never gets leaked and those who have it should shut up about it and give proper feedback directly to BlackBerry as SUPPOSED TO!

Posted via CB10
    This is going to be like 10.3.0.512. It was talked about like this but it never got leaked. This was when we got a password protected leak which ended up to be an older OS. Lol

"Jesus loves you and me too"
    joeragan likes this.
    04-19-15 03:41 AM
    Double calendar event..

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.500β
    04-19-15 04:14 AM
    dear mods...
    please remove this thread if there are huge potential that ppls may comments, sharing their experience of beta os 304, even unintentionally as it may violated the nda agreed by them.
    better still, blocked all new thread of the same subject in future, and let BlackBerry and their beta testers doing their jobs....
    just my two cents. thx...

posted via my amazing malaysian passport
    Blacklatino likes this.
    04-19-15 06:28 AM
    Wait...leaks are now being censored at CB? If so, it is a new day indeed!

Most leaks (the links to which can still be found in these discussions) were protected by NDA when they were posted on CB. Are there suddenly a bunch of new users and mods who don't realize this? And why are so many self-righteous people even READING a thread about a leak if they are so concerned about violation of an NDA?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Elite1; 04-19-15 at 03:16 PM.
    TX3, 69goat and 103683 like this.
    04-19-15 07:59 AM
    CB undoubtedly have a relationship with Blackberry that it would not wish to damage.

Leaks that are on Public Servers and one thing, Beta OS's that are not and are covered by a NDA are another.

The overall benefit of having a good relationship with Blackberry surely justifies taking a view as to what links members are allowed to post.
    50fingers, Blacklatino and KenV54 like this.
    04-19-15 08:26 AM
    CB undoubtedly have a relationship with Blackberry that it would not wish to damage.

Leaks that are on Public Servers and one thing, Beta OS's that are not and are covered by a NDA are another.

The overall benefit of having a good relationship with Blackberry surely justifies taking a view as to what links members are allowed to post.
    I agree that CB needs to keep a friendly relationship with BlackBerry.

Was 10.3.2.281 on a public server before it was leaked here?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:36 AM
    Or at least update the thread title to be more appropriate to the situation.

Since, apparently, the beta is not seeding anymore.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:45 AM
    And why are so many self-righteous people even READING a thread about a leak if they are so concerned about violation of an NDA?

Posted via CB10
    You are right. Instead of trying to close or censor a thread, don't read it if you don't like it.
    The mods will do their jobs as needed.

If a beta OS gets leaked, don't download or install it if you feel it is unethical.

CB is a place for different thoughts, opinions, and ideas. We shouldn't be trying to make everyone conform to our own personal values.

Posted via CB10
    joeragan and mralxak like this.
    04-19-15 08:50 AM
    For those of you having interrupted downloads, you can shut down your phone for like a minute without cancelling the update. Start your phone and then go to the beta update to re send it. Open software update and am sure your update will continue where it stopped.

The update is a smooth one and I am enjoying it on my passport.

Hope this solves the problem?

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 08:55 AM
    All these drama just to get someone to leak this OS.
    Sorry it's just not going to happen. Not going to happen.

Just berry on........

Keep Calm and Berry On......
    Blacklatino, Carjackd and jdesignz like this.
    04-19-15 09:02 AM
    For those of you having interrupted downloads, you can shut down your phone for like a minute without cancelling the update. Start your phone and then go to the beta update to re send it. Open software update and am sure your update will continue where it stopped.

The update is a smooth one and I am enjoying it on my passport.

Hope this solves the problem?

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure you know there's a place already for your post.

Blacklatino likes this.
    04-19-15 09:03 AM
    I can't believe how high the soap box has been built on this site. CB is where I've been finding my links to leaks for years and multiple OS platforms from OS5 to OS10.

For those of you new to CB, start a new thread discussing how upset you are that the leaking of beta OSs is contributing to the fall of a moral society and leave us heathen alone to install beta OSs and burn in hell after we die.

 Posted using my powerful BlackBerry Z30 
    103683, mundo472 and SmileDahling like this.
    04-19-15 09:23 AM
    I can't believe how high the soap box has been built on this site. CB is where I've been finding my links to leaks for years and multiple OS platforms from OS5 to OS10.

For those of you new to CB, start a new thread discussing how upset you are that the leaking of beta OSs is contributing to the fall of a moral society and leave us heathen alone to install beta OSs and burn in hell after we die.

The difference with this one in particular (and a few specific builds before it) is that BlackBerry reached out to our community and invited several hundred to participate in this beta program. People are concerned that if it can't be contained, then the entire program is in jeopardy - and then NO one will get these builds. It has nothing to do with the morality of installing leaks. There are still plenty of other builds to leak, and will continue to do so, that are not part of the program.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2
    04-19-15 09:35 AM
    I'm sure you know there's a place already for your post.

Tell me

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 10:37 AM
    The difference with this one in particular (and a few specific builds before it) is that BlackBerry reached out to our community and invited several hundred to participate in this beta program. People are concerned that if it can't be contained, then the entire program is in jeopardy - and then NO one will get these builds. It has nothing to do with the morality of installing leaks. There are still plenty of other builds to leak, and will continue to do so, that are not part of the program.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2
    OK, so other posters, please use this as a template when complaining about leaks. This raises a valid concern but removes emotion and condemnation. It talks to the facts and describes what might be taken away if the activity continues.

Now in saying that, before you others post a similar msg, pls look at yourselves and make sure you've never downloaded a non paid for MP3 or movie.

04-19-15 10:38 AM
    Wait...leaks are now being censored at CB? If so, it is a new day indeed!
    Posted via CB10
    Protect the members, maybe ?
    People don't realize that breaking a NDA is a serious affair.
    Let me give some examples, in the context of BETA software :

- Spreading an unpolished OS can lead to serious security threats for later releases. Especially when reporting is not under control. Say you meet a bug in a particular circumstance, related to a specific feature that has been updated or new. This is the kind of detail BlackBerry don't want to be advertised publicly, as it may lead hackers into a new 'how-to' scenario.
    - Divulging new features obviously reduces the competitive advantage; in the software area, the idea can be stolen and deployed in a breathe.
    - Overloading the log servers with thousands of known bugs logs (especially if for a random reason non beta testers have the special 'disco' tool ) results in bad performance and foggy statistics.

I'm not really concerned with "ahead of the schedule" leaks and even praise them as - at the end of the day - they're ready for the market and can solve update problems with lazy carriers. Still, leaking BETA software is IMHO damageable, for everybody.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    04-19-15 12:15 PM
    As the download links are still available on other sites: Is talking about this build forbidden or just posting the links?
    04-19-15 01:53 PM
    As the download links are still available on other sites: Is talking about this build forbidden or just posting the links?
    Are they?
    04-19-15 01:59 PM
    Use Google.
    04-19-15 02:00 PM
    Only for the Passport at the moment.

Looks like the cat's out of the bag now though.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2
    04-19-15 02:02 PM
    I know this is a really unpopular option, but, I believe there is nothing wrong with posting a screen shot of the OS you are currently running or a Screen shot of the new OS downloading.

Reasons being,

1) Someone can so easily just photo shop a image from say "10.3.1" to 10.3.2" and they don't have to be a beta tester.

2) While posting a screen shot, you are not giving away any information about upcoming features or enhancements. It's simply just showing a random OS number.

I do fully agree that no information should be leaked about upcoming features or features present in the beta, but just showing a pic of the OS number is not harming anyone.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    04-19-15 02:08 PM
    I do fully agree that no information should be leaked about upcoming features or features present in the beta, but just showing a pic of the OS number is not harming anyone.
    a) I do not agree
    b) The list of changes/bugs is not censored. That's why I think it would be useful to get an exact answer giving details of what now seems to be forbidden and what is still ok.
    04-19-15 02:13 PM
126 ... 23456