01-01-17 06:59 PM
484 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    When you are connected to Sachesi with your device, the check box "Only install newer apps" appears near the top of the install page to the right of the "Install Files" button. Make sure you uncheck this. Good luck!
    Thanks Brookie

I did this. and hard reset (held down power button for 10s). The device rebooted and it told me it'd been updated to 2836. now the amazon app store won't open on my z30. I click on the app and it rapidly closes within 1-2s everytime.

Did I mess it up?
    01-22-16 09:21 AM
    Link to Android bar files from 2813:

https://mega.nz/#!9JIhFIyJ!GYnFXMeLD...bjpSCZBeHP1ueQ

Don't forget to hard reset after loading them.
    Hi Conite, (sorry to bug you again)

I did this. and hard reset (held down power button for 10s). The device rebooted and it told me it'd been updated to 2836. now the amazon app store won't open on my z30. I click on the app and it rapidly closes within 1-2s everytime.

Did I mess it up?

Now none of my android apps work (rebooting a second time now)
    01-22-16 09:22 AM
    Hi Conite, (sorry to bug you again)

Did I mess it up?

Now none of my android apps work (rebooting a second time now)
    Turn off automatic updates.

Sideload the two Android bars again.

Reboot device.

Wait at least 15 minutes before touching the phone so the Runtime can configure properly.
    01-22-16 09:25 AM
    Thanks Brookie

Did I mess it up?
    For reboot you have to press the up and down volume buttons for ten seconds, not the power button...
    01-22-16 09:25 AM
    Thanks Brookie

Did I mess it up?
    Connect your device back into Sachesi then look at the list of installed apps and files in your device. You should see the app "sys.android" near the top of the "your applications" page/tab. This should be version 10.3.2.231. If it is not then either you a: did not drag and drop those 2 bar files into sachesi and/or uncheck the box I told you about OR b: when you booted up after completing the steps, your device automatically updated those 2 files again over the air. To prevent that update go to Settings/Software Updates/Options (right at bottom of screen) and UNCHECK "Automatically Download and install software updates". I suspect that this is your problem. So install the 2 bar files again AFTER you UNCHECK the automatic updates and you should be good. You can go back into Sachesi afterwards to make sure you have 10.3.2.231 as sys.android version. After rebooting your device, you will notice that when you try to open an android app (any android app) a black screen with a moving green line will appear. This can take a few minutes (maybe even 10 minutes to finish, depending on how many android apps you have installed) to finish. Once it does complete all your apps should open with no problems.
    01-22-16 09:33 AM
    For reboot you have to press the up and down volume buttons for ten seconds, not the power button...
    Not true--you can press and hold the power button until you see the red blinking light THEN let go of the power button. I find this much easier than trying to hold down both volume keys.
    01-22-16 09:39 AM
    Connect your device back into Sachesi then look at the list of installed apps and files in your device. You should see the app "sys.android" near the top of the "your applications" page/tab. This should be version 10.3.2.231. If it is not then either you a: did not drag and drop those 2 bar files into sachesi and/or uncheck the box I told you about OR b: when you booted up after completing the steps, your device automatically updated those 2 files again over the air. To prevent that update go to Settings/Software Updates/Options (right at bottom of screen) and UNCHECK "Automatically Download and install software updates". I suspect that this is your problem. So install the 2 bar files again AFTER you UNCHECK the automatic updates and you should be good. You can go back into Sachesi afterwards to make sure you have 10.3.2.231 as sys.android version. After rebooting your device, you will notice that when you try to open an android app (any android app) a black screen with a moving green line will appear. This can take a few minutes (maybe even 10 minutes to finish, depending on how many android apps you have installed) to finish. Once it does complete all your apps should open with no problems.

Yep, you nailed it. Stupid auto update was on. Its disabled now. reloaded both bars (60% in Sachesi) and counting. Will reboot again shortly then wait a few minutes.

REALLY appreciate the trouble shooting.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-22-16 09:43 AM
    Not true--you can press and hold the power button until you see the red blinking light THEN let go of the power button. I find this much easier than trying to hold down both volume keys.
    Everyday you learn something new, thanks.
    brookie229 likes this.
    01-22-16 09:45 AM
    Android apps now work.
    Android app store loads correctly AND deletes apps completely.

Ya'll deserve a nobel prize or something.
    Keep up the good work
    brookie229 and circus_boi like this.
    01-22-16 10:10 AM
    Yes, I'm sorry for that. I've only just realised that I tried unzipping with winrar which I shouldnt have done. 7Zip worked.

May I ask if your phone is warmer than usual and that the Battery is draining faster on 10.3.2.2876? Before I was on 10.3.2.2789 and the device was cold and had amazing Battery life but this build eats through my Battery like crazy. (see post above).

Thank you in advance.
    not need to install bar file...just read my thread...to delete android app..on 2876

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:53 AM
    Read this thread no need to install bar file for android runtime....
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1059303

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 11:55 AM
    not need to install bar file...just read my thread...to delete android app..on 2876

Posted via CB10
    Replacing the bars is known to be completely clean, and guarantees no residual affects.

With the bugs in the new Runtime being so pervasive, it could manifest itself in other unknown ways.
    01-22-16 12:24 PM
    Dear sir please tell me 10.3.2.2836 best or not according to 2474

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:25 PM
    Sir please tell me 10.3.2.2836 best or not according t. 2474

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:26 PM
    Dear sir please tell me 10.3.2.2836 best or not according to 2474

Posted via CB10
    Nothing significant from what you are on now. Update if you want, but you won't see much different.

You can hang on for 2879, which hopefully fixes some of the issues with 2876.
    01-22-16 12:28 PM
    Replacing the bars is known to be completely clean, and guarantees no residual affects.

With the bugs in the new Runtime being so pervasive, it could manifest itself in other unknown ways.
    It means according to you it is not a good method...I respect you conite but I tried it and their is no problem.
    So those guys which don't know about bar file they can use this method.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:29 PM
    It means according to you it is not a good method...I respect you conite but I tried it and their is no problem.
    So those guys which don't know about bar file they can use this method.

Posted via CB10
    Kudos to you for finding an alternative. That's awesome.

I'm just not convinced that moving the app to the SD card removes all vestiges of the app from the device. Although it allows the subsequent installation of Android apps, it may still leave some info behind.

Also, as I indicated, there may be other consequences of leaving the buggy Runtime on the device apart from its inability to delete apps. Although I have found none so far.
    01-22-16 12:34 PM
    Just got my update, horrible, took me back to my z10 release year with all the headache I'm having now.

Don't have any way to get Gmail to work right on my phone. It's laggy, don't have contact info and my phone is recognizing any backup systems.

No Shade Just Light!!! Z30 10.3.2.2639
    01-22-16 12:42 PM
    Kudos to you for finding an alternative. That's awesome.

I'm just not convinced that moving the app to the SD card removes all vestiges of the app from the device. Although it allows the subsequent installation of Android apps, it may still leave some info behind.

Also, as I indicated, there may be other consequences of leaving the buggy Runtime on the device apart from its inability to delete apps. Although I have found none so far.
    Thank you...
    Conite
    I don't know as you know...so I always with you.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-16 12:52 PM
    My Z10 became bloated when the update hit my phone. My device storage went from 75% to 25% free storage.

ART seems to be a bit of a pain, with ppsspp not running smoothly even though it ran perfectly in 10.3.2.2816 and Apps crashing like Amazon app store,app store and even the package installer.

Sent From CB10 with BlackBerry Z10 running 10.3.2.2836

Posted via CB10
    01-23-16 07:21 PM
    No major issues except wifi calling stopped working. Rolled back radio to 2814 and wifi calling worked again (T-Mobile, Q10)
    01-24-16 01:20 PM
    hello, not sure how it happened but i tried using sachesi version 2 and it would only load part of the bar files then stop, i found version 1.2.1 and tried that way and boom, it worked. One question though when i go into about and select os i show radio version 10.3.2.2877 with software release 10.3.2.2836 and 10.3.2.2876 for os version. no sign of 2813, am i missing something?

thanks and huge shout out to Cobalt
    01-24-16 02:48 PM
    Nothing significant from what you are on now. Update if you want, but you won't see much different.

You can hang on for 2879, which hopefully fixes some of the issues with 2876.
    Release 2879? First I've heard of this. Is there such a build in QA now?

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 06:55 PM
    Release 2879? First I've heard of this. Is there such a build in QA now?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It is on the BlackBerry production servers now.
    Furell likes this.
    01-24-16 07:06 PM
    What it doesn't suit me well in this build is the antenna.

I will add it with other 2 bars from. 813.

The rest especially battery usage seems marvellous.

Posted via CB10
    are yyou having antenna issues after this update?
    may i know which device you using
    01-27-16 03:46 AM
484 ... 1314151617 ...