I've come across an annoying issue with the calendar on 10.3.2.281, and I want to find out if anybody else is having the same problem.

On previous OS versions, I could create a new calendar entry, set the date, the time, and the timezone. This was great because I travel a lot. But now it looks like it will only create the entry in the current time zone, and allow you to add 'previews' in other zones. It's not entirely clear what will happen when you phone changes time zones.

If I'm in the Netherlands and I want to create calendar entries in GMT- 8 time, what's going to happen when the phone switches to GMT-8?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:03 PM
    I believe the timezone is only used at the moment of appointment creation, so if you jump timezones, the calendar will adjust accordingly, but appointment stays where it was scheduled.
    03-28-15 03:19 PM
    Yeah this is a real problem with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281 then.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 07:22 AM
    But it's the way it should be?

When I am in time zone GMT-5 and schedule a meeting for 8am in GMT-2 (which would show as 5am as long as you are in your -5 tz) , and then I travel to the time zone GMT-2, the meeting should still be at 8am in the -2 time zone..

So what is it you say is wrong?

When you schedule the meeting, you show the time zones in question, they show on your screen and will update as you change the time picker.. you will be able to see the local time in all the time zones you added, which is very useful when scheduling meetings with people from all over the globe.

I personally find this way to be much better, .. it's down to personal preferences, but it is indeed working, and it's working great.
    03-29-15 08:49 AM
    I believe the timezone is only used at the moment of appointment creation, so if you jump timezones, the calendar will adjust accordingly, but appointment stays where it was scheduled.
    This is correct.

I also did prefer creating the appointments in their respective timezone to ensure I did not mis-calculate with the more obsure timezones for me.

Prefer the old way... could get used to new way too...
    03-29-15 09:01 AM
    When you go tot the entry card for the time if you tap the text on the top (where it shows meeting time and time! Zone, it will pop up the time zone selector. Not intuitive or clearly implemented but I believe this is what you are looking for.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 07:35 PM
    This is probably the same issue that causes the daylight savings time calendar errors.
    04-01-15 09:42 PM