08-26-15 03:03 PM
83 123 ...
tools
    I have done a clean install of 10.3.2.2339 on my Z30

However the battery is useless... the Z30 heats up and it uses the battery in about 6 hours (as opposed to the 18-20 hours i used to get)

Please help.

Thanks in advance
    cantina4me and cdnrower like this.
    07-20-15 09:12 PM
    Jeremy,

Check out the suggestions I made in reply to your post in the other thread in which you just posted.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-20-15 09:38 PM
    I can confirm this. This version is battery consumer on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    cdnrower likes this.
    07-20-15 10:40 PM
    Jeremy,

Check out the suggestions I made in reply to your post in the other thread in which you just posted.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2239/841 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    Thank you for your reply, please answer my questions on that post
    07-20-15 10:53 PM
    07-20-15 10:55 PM
    Have you guys actually let it settle for a day? Sometimes it indexes for a while
    If you have, did you restore from a backup? That often causes problems. Don't restore anything except media
    07-20-15 10:57 PM
    I have done a clean install of 10.3.2.2339 on my Z30

However the battery is useless... the Z30 heats up and it uses the battery in about 6 hours (as opposed to the 18-20 hours i used to get)

Please help.

Thanks in advance
    If you haven't realised, it takes time for your Z30 or any of the BlackBerry devices to settle after a clean install. This potentially can be up to weeks from day 1 of the fresh install (autoloader/wipe etc.) up to 30 days (depending on variables). Having said that, just be patient and you will notice your Z30 will pick up its pace what you have experienced before.

 Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2339
    07-20-15 11:14 PM
    If you're still having battery problems after it settles for a few days, I recommend going with the 10.3.2.859 radio. I saw a nice improvement using that. There's a thread around here on this very subject.

I found it: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1027864

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.2.858
    07-20-15 11:15 PM
    If you haven't realised, it takes time for your Z30 or any of the BlackBerry devices to settle after a clean install. This potentially can be up to weeks from day 1 of the fresh install (autoloader/wipe etc.) up to 30 days (depending on variables). Having said that, just be patient and you will notice your Z30 will pick up its pace what you have experienced before.

OK, i will wait and see then
    07-20-15 11:38 PM
    If you're still having battery problems after it settles for a few days, I recommend going with the 10.3.2.859 radio. I saw a nice improvement using that. There's a thread around here on this very subject.

I found it: Can I increase battery life by changing radio file? - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

Just changed to that radio now
    07-20-15 11:39 PM
    I'm using 841 radio because it proofs better radio reception, no overheating problems great battery life and no bugs to be worried.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 12:43 AM

Wow. Didn't know that. Can we stretch it a bit more? Like 2 or 3 months? After next leak I'll give my z30 a year to settle. I think this is only fair for the device.
    On a serious note:
    If your device is not settled within few hours up to a day,better look up your settings again.
    Warios and blackguy07 like this.
    07-21-15 03:09 AM
    Wow. Didn't know that. Can we stretch it a bit more? Like 2 or 3 months? After next leak I'll give my z30 a year to settle. I think this is only fair for the device.
    On a serious note:
    If your device is not settled within few hours up to a day,better look up your settings again.
    What kind of "settings" you need to look up after a "few" hours?

07-21-15 04:11 AM
    On my Z30, 10.3.2.798, STA100-2, T-Mobile Germany, has the best battery life I've ever had in a smart phone. I did the autoloader installation, let it settle over night and there it was. First day, 15 hours of use with lots of BBM, calendar editing, sorting contacts and setting up my email accounts and when I went to bed I still had 45% left.

One month of settling what has been mentioned here can be possible but shouldn't be. It's like you say a new car drives sh*t for the first 30 day but be patient, it'll get better, slowly though.

07-21-15 06:13 AM
    What kind of "settings" you need to look up after a "few" hours?

First thing you do when your phone heats up after clean install is check your email,tasks,contacs sync settings and radio / WiFi coverage. That's sorts out 90% of issues.
    That does not include problems with Android garbage, but hope the OP didn't stuff his phone with litter straightaway post autoloader.
    07-21-15 10:01 AM
    First thing you do when your phone heats up after clean install is check your email,tasks,contacs sync settings and radio / WiFi coverage. That's sorts out 90% of issues.
    It is quite normal for a phone to heat up a bit after a clean install. Not sure what you're suggesting here. What "issues" does it sort out?

07-21-15 11:11 AM
    Issues from the first post ( if you had a chance to read).
    07-21-15 11:35 AM
    Issues from the first post ( if you had a chance to read).
    I did read. Still don't know what "settings" for email, contacts, etc you're referring to that clears up 90% of issues. If you could be more specific.

He's having battery issues with this build. Others, including myself, have experienced the same thing. Please enlighten us on your settings fix.

07-21-15 12:37 PM
    Due to battery draininage, I reinstalled this OS and I had been using up to 3+ weeks. Anyway, reinstalled thru Autoloader, then waited and "selectively" reinstalled apps- especially the Android apps. Better now, but, IMO, still need to clear out some of the Android apps I've reinstalled and reboot. As far as the time it takes for the OS to settle in- it varies between even the same devices on the same OS. Some ppl use minimal to no additional apps and time still varies for the OS to settle on their BlackBerries the same as someone like me that had 40+ apps. Anyway, the OS 10.3.1 allowed for an amazing battery life for my Z30- ALL DAY with 40% left over. But, with my curiosity, I've continued to update to whatever OS leak is available and battery life has never been the same since that time.
    kbz1960, sbmd and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    07-21-15 02:29 PM
    I have experienced similar results with my Z10 TMo. I recognize that the OS has not been released by my provider I accept that potentially there will be problems, some without explanation. To address the battery issues I have turned off GPA and WiFi when not needed (like when I'm not at home). I have also turned off Blend, which is enabled by default. There is a significant savings to be had with these simple practices, which should be used regularly. Installing a lot of apps that use WiFi or update frequently, that we really don't use, or duplicate processes or functions of the OS can also lead to shorter battery life. There is no clear answer as there are so many variables.

It was the decision to become more consumer-oriented on the part of RIM, now BlackBerry that is responsible for many of the issues we see today. Still the best os and device for information processing and management and for overall communications. Turn off WiFi and GPS and blend. You're home free from there on any device, or os.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 03:38 PM
    I did read. Still don't know what "settings" for email, contacts, etc you're referring to that clears up 90% of issues. If you could be more specific.

He's having battery issues with this build. Others, including myself, have experienced the same thing. Please enlighten us on your settings fix.

Regarding specific issues the OP has on Clean Install it is what I said above. Email SYNC settings and radio / WiFi settings. What's the right combination is up to you. Whether you do push, sync a week worth of email, 30 days or forever. Are you syncing contacts, tasks, calendar. Is your settings supported by your email provider. Do you sync over WiFi or Data plan, 2G, 3G, LTE?
    How is the coverage for each band when you sync and many other. I could go on and on.
    Just play it safe at the beginning and add accounts /change when you're happy with the battery.

All that and any other battery saving plans of course doesn't make any sense without BaSa installed. Without it you're blind. You never know what's really happening to your battery unless you carefully watch it in BaSa. That's why 90% of posts with battery issues is blind leading the blind. That applies to any BB10 phone.
    07-21-15 03:59 PM
    Regarding specific issues the OP has on Clean Install it is what I said above. Email SYNC settings and radio / WiFi settings. What's the right combination is up to you. Whether you do push, sync a week worth of email, 30 days or forever. Are you syncing contacts, tasks, calendar. Is your settings supported by your email provider. Do you sync over WiFi or Data plan, 2G, 3G, LTE?
    How is the coverage for each band when you sync and many other. I could go on and on.
    Just play it safe at the beginning and add accounts /change when you're happy with the battery.

All that and any other battery saving plans of course doesn't make any sense without BaSa installed. Without it you're blind. You never know what's really happening to your battery unless you carefully watch it in BaSa. That's why 90% of posts with battery issues is blind leading the blind. That applies to any BB10 phone.
    Excuse me for asking, what is BaSa?

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 05:29 PM
    BaSa is Battery Analyser software. The best in BlackBerry World and one of the best across all the mobile OS'es.
    You keep it in Active frame at all times and setup it up so it shows current and power drain. A must for any BlackBerry phone.
    Set it up. Establish baseline drain and then install apps and change settings as you wish. You will be able to see straightaway what is good or bad for your battery life.

You will have fun busting some myths so prevalent on these boards. My favorite one is closing active frames to save battery (most have zero impact). My second favourite is changing leaks all the time and claiming unreal gains in battery life on one version vs the other. To those I say: your phone was messed up to start with, you installed fresh leak, you say it's so good, I say: you only returned to healthy baseline that was always there. In a week time you will litter your phone again and then the next leak will be oh so good. Vicious circle.

I have 3 BB10 phones, using them across 2 continents with different sim cards and installing leaks on all of them. Any issues I had were easy to nail down thanks to BaSa and knowing upfront what my healthy baseline was.
    If there is more questions on BaSa I can help with setup as it is a bit overwhelming at start.
    07-21-15 06:24 PM

What I was referring to is BB10 users who are seeing less battery life with this build vs other builds they've used with the same settings.

Certainly in a more general sense there are definitely things you can do to improve battery life which are well documented on these forums, including your post.

Cong Tuan Nguyen likes this.
    07-21-15 06:25 PM
    This potentially can be up to weeks from day 1 of the fresh install (autoloader/wipe etc.) up to 30 days (depending on variables).

o.O where you get these timeframes from?
    07-21-15 09:41 PM
83 123 ...