02-02-15 04:55 PM
207 ... 6789
tools
    Honestly, just use the Blitz package on the other thread!

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    Which thread bro? Also is that an update thread or autoloader? I just want to upgrade without losing my settings & apps.
    Thanks!
    01-28-15 10:04 PM
    Which thread bro? Also is that an update thread or autoloader? I just want to upgrade without losing my settings & apps.
    Thanks!
    Here!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=993337

Passport 10.3.1.2072
    01-28-15 10:18 PM
    Does someone has an autoloader to the Z3? If it could be uploaded to Mega better XD

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 11:04 PM
    Using Blizt, no autoload avaiable for Z3 at this time!

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 12:08 AM
    What is Blitz?

₱asaporte₱ilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-29-15 12:55 AM
    What is Blitz?

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-993337/

Use Search fonction Please
    01-29-15 01:43 AM
    Well, took the leap this morning. Just installed 10.3.1.2072 on my Verizon Z10 STL100-4 using Sachesi. Downloaded needed files using Sachesi last night and installed them first thing this morning. So far I have seen no issues. Phone rebooted and so far everything I have tried is working just as it was. Came from 10.3.1.1154. Haven't tried all apps, but anything I have tried so far has worked just fine. Just thought I'd toss out the info in case there were other Verizon Z10 STL100-4 users out there contemplating the upgrade.
    BVB65 likes this.
    01-29-15 08:56 AM
    What is Blitz?

Thanks, but that doesn't answer his question.
    The Blitz thread is as if everyone knows what is going on. On that thread, it says "(Remember Sachesi 2.0.0 will only install newer files and skip others)".

In the instructions it says just drag the zip file and it should extract and install.
    Do we have to do Sachesi update after this or before? I really hate the fact that there is no more Blackberry Wiki which was really good.

Can't we just run Sachesi and let it do work? What exactly does Blitz do? If you see the post above by ff1520:
    Just installed 10.3.1.2072 on my Verizon Z10 STL100-4 using Sachesi.
    He/She used sachesi to upgrade. It seems to work fine. What difference does Blitz do? Does it make it easier to upgrade from 10.2 or is this strictly for 10.3.x to 10.3.1?
    I hope I won't discourage you with my lack of knowledge in this case but it would be nice to know more since not all of us follow every thread on a daily basis.

Edit: Found this thread explaining more about Blitz:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...es-you-993536/
    jdesignz likes this.
    01-29-15 11:59 AM
    FYI: Regarding the comments above.

I did NOT use a blitz file for the update. I used Sachesi to search for and download all of the OS and RADIO and CORE OS files specific to a Z10. Once downloaded I then used Sachesi to install all of those bar files. As I understand it, a blitz upgrade is one where the source file contains all of the different radio files etc...for different BB10 devices and Sachesi decides which of the files (radio and core OS) is appropriate to load. End result is the same and the process is very similar but if you had multiple devices of different models you could effectively download the single blitz file and use it to upgrade different devices. In my case I downloaded an OS specifically for the Z10 which included only the Z10 Radio and Core OS (and apps of course). If I wanted to install that on a different device I would have to delete those two items and replace them with the appropriate files.

That is my understanding anyway, and stated as simply as I could, hopefully I haven't steered anybody too far off course.

Rick
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    01-29-15 12:48 PM
    FYI: Regarding the comments above.

I did NOT use a blitz file for the update. I used Sachesi to search for and download all of the OS and RADIO and CORE OS files specific to a Z10. Once downloaded I then used Sachesi to install all of those bar files. As I understand it, a blitz upgrade is one where the source file contains all of the different radio files etc...for different BB10 devices and Sachesi decides which of the files (radio and core OS) is appropriate to load. End result is the same and the process is very similar but if you had multiple devices of different models you could effectively download the single blitz file and use it to upgrade different devices. In my case I downloaded an OS specifically for the Z10 which included only the Z10 Radio and Core OS (and apps of course). If I wanted to install that on a different device I would have to delete those two items and replace them with the appropriate files.

That is my understanding anyway, and stated as simply as I could, hopefully I haven't steered anybody too far off course.

Rick
    That makes a lot of sense.
    So basically Blitz helps you if you have multiple devices, right?
    If Sachesi can identify the device, it loads the correct Radio, Apps, Core, etc.. anyway right?
    But when you download for Z10 and you want to upgrade Z30, with Sachesi, you would have to download all those files over again, even the ones that are shared with Z10.
    Instead, Blitz just saves those files that are different for Z30, and you just drag them over and upgrade with those files in addition to those other files which are same for Z10/Z30.

Is this correct?

Effectively, you can still use Sachesi and just upgrade. So where does Blitz come into picture? I still don't know.
    By the way, did you upgrade from 10.2 or 10.3.0?

Also, I just double checked Sachesi, it is not listing any 10.3.1 for Z30, it only lists it for Classic.
    Last edited by heading4tomorrow; 01-29-15 at 02:38 PM.
    01-29-15 02:25 PM
    That makes a lot of sense.
    So basically Blitz helps you if you have multiple devices, right?
    If Sachesi can identify the device, it loads the correct Radio, Apps, Core, etc.. anyway right?
    But when you download for Z10 and you want to upgrade Z30, with Sachesi, you would have to download all those files over again, even the ones that are shared with Z10.
    Instead, Blitz just saves those files that are different for Z30, and you just drag them over and upgrade with those files in addition to those other files which are same for Z10/Z30.

Is this correct?

Effectively, you can still use Sachesi and just upgrade. So where does Blitz come into picture? I still don't know.
    By the way, did you upgrade from 10.2 or 10.3.0?

Also, I just double checked Sachesi, it is not listing any 10.3.1 for Z30, it only lists it for Classic.
    Blitz is for people to share on the forums so others can load non destructively and not screw up. If your going to do it for yourself just use sachesi and load only files you need for your device which it will do for you

Via CB10 and typed on PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    moody likes this.
    01-29-15 05:09 PM

Classic and z30 are the same

3hb78ftg and moody like this.
    01-29-15 05:10 PM

Classic and z30 are the same

Thanks, so carrier did not release it for Z30 but did for Classic (not officially anyway). But they are different resolutions. How does that work.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    01-29-15 08:58 PM
    Blitz is for people to share on the forums so others can load non destructively and not screw up. If your going to do it for yourself just use sachesi and load only files you need for your device which it will do for you

I see but you still need Sachesi to load Blitz. So what The difference if Sachesi can pick the right files anyway?

01-29-15 08:59 PM
    Use Spell Check Please

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 09:05 PM
    I see but you still need Sachesi to load Blitz. So what The difference if Sachesi can pick the right files anyway?

There's no easy way to say this that you'll seemingly accept without laying it out straight. So here it goes:

It's for dumb and lazy people so they don't screw up their devices.

That's not meant as an insult either.. it's the truth and I fall under the lazy part lol.
    01-29-15 09:09 PM

The difference is that some people are too stubborn to try and figure out how sachesi works in the first place, let alone read up on it. So they prefer to be spoon fed, and wait upon other people to download all the software for them on their behalf, so they in turn can use Sachesi to install their software from a much larger file, than if they would have just downloaded it themselves.

Edit: Yeh, what Bla1ze said ^^^^

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2072
    3hb78ftg, moody and Pdinos3 like this.
    01-29-15 09:09 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=993536

This might explain it

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    3hb78ftg and moody like this.
    01-29-15 09:10 PM

That's not meant as an insult either.. it's the truth and I fall under the lazy part lol.
    The difference is that some people are too stubborn to try and figure out how sachesi works in the first place, let alone read up on it. So they prefer to be spoon fed, and wait upon other people to download all the software for them on their behalf, so they in turn can use Sachesi to install their software from a much larger file, than if they would have just downloaded it themselves.

Edit: Yeh, what Bla1ze said ^^^^

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2072
    Not everyone who is asking for blitz is doing so from laziness or the desire to be 'spoon fed'. Nor is it always a matter of 'stubbornness'.

Some people just do not have the gift of being tech savvy. Others just don't have the time or desire to sit down and study up, research, trial and error to learn how to make autoloaders or make their own blitz so they can do a "non-destructive" load. Doesn't make them dumb or lazy. Just means they have different interests.

The guy wants to understand a legitimate question. One I have asked as well and have had answered.

Any dummy can just plug and load and brick their device b/c they were too stubborn, conceited, hard headed, to ask. I think it takes a smart person to continue to seek and inquire until they fully understand.

And yeah, what Bla1ze said ^^^^
    LoL
    Last edited by moodyk13; 01-30-15 at 12:19 AM.
    Uzi, tdyhedge and Legal Eagle like this.
    01-29-15 11:48 PM
    There's no easy way to say this that you'll seemingly accept without laying it out straight. So here it goes:

I understand what you mean, but are there reports of people messing up their devices using sachesi?

01-30-15 07:00 PM
    I understand what you mean, but are there reports of people messing up their devices using sachesi?

Worst case you use an autoloader and just run that, you can't really brick your device fully unless you REALLY do something silly

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2072
    01-30-15 07:56 PM

I bricked my Z-10 being careless and not paying attention to the radio file I was loading several months ago.

It wasn't a big deal, other than requiring a destructive (autoloader) load to recover. And yeah, that sort of sucks when the entire intent of doing it the other way was to not have to restore!

Blitz just makes it (quite a lot!) harder to screw up at the cost of the file being rather large, since it contains all the core and radio files necessary for the various models.
    NinjaB likes this.
    01-30-15 08:29 PM
    no one make an autoloader for Z3 ?
    01-31-15 05:02 AM
    Really, really hoping this doesn't get pushed on Passport... pretty sure the flickervision won't go down too well.

Posted via CB10
    It's going to be rebranded as a feature called "Sparkle"

Posted via CrackBerry App
    01-31-15 05:36 AM
    Someone can give me file Debrick for Z30?
    Thanks!
    01-31-15 07:02 AM
207 ... 6789