12-28-14 06:55 PM
90 ... 234
tools
    That should have a huge impact on battery life and reduce lag big time.
    I don't understand what you mean by indexing and bbm indexing? Can you clarify, so i know what I'm going to be looking forward to?

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:53 AM
    Has indexing speed improved?
    Indexing of what all exactly?
    - Pictures in MicroSD card?
    - Contacts?
    - Music? I notice when I reboot my device and immediately open the music-app, it doesn't show any songs, it starts to index my microSD card takes several minutes!!! Is that what you are talking about?
    - what is BBM indexing?
    12-25-14 03:20 AM
    Indexing of what all exactly?
    - Pictures in MicroSD card?
    - Contacts?
    - Music? I notice when I reboot my device and immediately open the music-app, it doesn't show any songs, it starts to index my microSD card takes several minutes!!! Is that what you are talking about?
    - what is BBM indexing?
    I suppose he meant it in general. So everything should be quite fast now. Let's hope it is ready to use immediately after boot rather than indexing.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-25-14 04:24 AM
    Indexing is what makes things available to BlackBerry universal search. BBM indexing is indexing any existing BBM conversations to make them show up in search results.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-25-14 06:44 AM
    Indexing in general, just like your PC makes file access faster. Indexing is always weak on a new branch, and I use it to quickly assess the speed of the OS. BBM has to be indexed too, like every app.

Remember the old thumb files on BBOS? If you watch memory upon BB10 boot, you can see it expand, as the cache are rebuilt, aka indexing.
    nmduc073 likes this.
    12-25-14 08:15 AM
    Can someone provide the bar files?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 08:58 AM
    Can someone provide the bar files?

Posted via CB10
    It's been shown in other sim threads that the only bar that can be extracted is the browser, and the browser is just the gui,not the agfa browser, it's a page of the core os.

Z30STA100-3/10.3.1.1154
    12-25-14 11:25 AM
    I hope they cleaned up the SMS indexing... no more screen flashing as it loads the sms convo

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 01:32 PM
    I suppose he meant it in general. So everything should be quite fast now. Let's hope it is ready to use immediately after boot rather than indexing.

Posted via CB10
    Indexing is what makes things available to BlackBerry universal search. BBM indexing is indexing any existing BBM conversations to make them show up in search results.

Posted via CB10
    Indexing in general, just like your PC makes file access faster. Indexing is always weak on a new branch, and I use it to quickly assess the speed of the OS. BBM has to be indexed too, like every app.

Remember the old thumb files on BBOS? If you watch memory upon BB10 boot, you can see it expand, as the cache are rebuilt, aka indexing.
    I hope they cleaned up the SMS indexing... no more screen flashing as it loads the sms convo

Posted via CB10
    Thanks.

So, are you saying indexing speed has increased? I really HATE it when after a fresh reboot (which already takes like 2+ minutes), I open music-app to connect to car's bluetooth and my Q10 shows no music. It takes another 5 minutes to index all my music - with every reboot. I have <500 music files so it shouldn't take that long. But I am guessing BlackBerry is busy indexing not just music but everything else also at the same time.

I hope it's near instantaneous now - atleast the music indexing. I mean - they shouldn't need to index it with every reboot. They should display whatever was last available and in background check for modifications (added/removed files).
    12-25-14 02:44 PM
    Thanks.

So, are you saying indexing speed has increased? I really HATE it when after a fresh reboot (which already takes like 2+ minutes), I open music-app to connect to car's bluetooth and my Q10 shows no music. It takes another 5 minutes to index all my music - with every reboot. I have <500 music files so it shouldn't take that long. But I am guessing BlackBerry is busy indexing not just music but everything else also at the same time.

I hope it's near instantaneous now - atleast the music indexing. I mean - they shouldn't need to index it with every reboot. They should display whatever was last available and in background check for modifications (added/removed files).
    I agree. I don't know why they reindex every boot. You would think they would cache an index from the most recent indexing

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 02:58 PM
    I agree. I don't know why they reindex every boot. You would think they would cache an index from the most recent indexing

Posted via CB10
    They are, but cache gets deleted after restart.
    BigBadWulf and bungaboy like this.
    12-25-14 04:18 PM
    It's never going to be instantaneous. Just like it isn't on your PC either.
    TheDutch20 likes this.
    12-25-14 04:25 PM
    I'm happy there is no new features in 1949 and it's all performance oriented.
    moyah8 likes this.
    12-25-14 04:34 PM
    I'm happy there is no new features in 1949 and it's all performance oriented.
    I want performance update and new features lol

Posted via CB10
    12-25-14 04:42 PM
    I sure hope that when I tap on the search icon, it pops up almost instantaneously rather then wait a few seconds..
    Paul86 likes this.
    12-28-14 06:55 PM
90 ... 234