Apologies up front: I AM SURE THIS HAS BEEN ADDRESSED, BUT I CAN'T FIND IT!!!

There. Caps lock disabled!

I have a Z10 - STL100-3 on Bell (had it since day 1, February 5, 2013). I have been involved in MANY Beta programmes over the years on many different platforms, so I fully understand that a "leaked" OS may not perform as reliably as a true carrier release. I have a full backup in case it all goes to hell This is my first leak install, as up until now I have needed my phone to be ROCK SOLID 24/7. I used http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...update-978749/ with Sachesi 2.0.

First impressions of 10.3.1.1154: WOW! this is an amazing upgrade to 10.2.1. I have seen two glitches:
    First, occasionally the rotation gets "jammed" and requires a reboot. The screen will get squished into a square and will not recover (sometimes). No biggie.
    Second, I cannot get any Android apps to load (including ports from BB World). I have read that the loading of the Android environment will resolve, "eventually."

This is a bit of a deal-breaker, as I need a number of those apps to work! So, I am left with a few questions:
    How long does it usually take to resolve this issue?
    At what point do I start trying alternate BAR files?

It appears that my Android issues are not a problem for everyone, so I'm sure a solution exists!

As I said, I am sure this has been addressed, but damned if I can find it! I may be new to loading leaks, but I'm far from a newbie!
    12-05-14 04:19 PM
    Sometimes you have to reinstall the Android runtime with Sachesi. It's hit or miss.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 04:23 PM
    Sometimes you have to reinstall the Android runtime with Sachesi. It's hit or miss.
    How long does the "indexing" process usually take? I loaded the 1016 runtime bars last night, but no luck. I'm currently trying a full reinstall...
    12-05-14 04:27 PM
    I'm not sure you can downgrade with Sachesi (install older bars). Are you sure they loaded?

I've heard of it taking half a day or more for some, but I'm too impatient. I want to know the problem is gone, as well. So, I'd probably reinstall too.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 04:35 PM
    Just do a hard reset (both volume buttons until phone reboots). Then put the phone down for 20 minutes. Do not try and launch an Android app.

Then check the device manager and make sure the current cpu usage has settled to around 5%.

You should then be OK.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-05-14 04:38 PM
    I'm not sure you can downgrade with Sachesi (install older bars). Are you sure they loaded?

I've heard of it taking half a day or more for some, but I'm too impatient. I want to know the problem is gone, as well. So, I'd probably reinstall too.

Posted via CB10
    Impatient =ME!!!

It seemed to load no problem. You just have to uncheck the option box for installing new bars only.

I'm willing to live with a glitch or two just for the stunning interface! Just have to get the 'droid stuff working...
    12-05-14 04:40 PM
    Just do a hard reset (both volume buttons until phone reboots). Then put the phone down for 20 minutes. Do not try and launch an Android app.

Then check the device manager and make sure the current cpu usage has settled to around 5%.

You should then be OK.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    OK, I had done that, so guess the reinstall route is appropriate. 20 minutes then? I can do that!
    12-05-14 04:41 PM
    Well, I reloaded, rebooted and let it sit for a while. No luck. Rebooted again and let it sit, consulted device manager, and tried again Android apps still will not load. I really don't want to go back to 10.2.1, but I need this feature to function. Am I missing something?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    12-05-14 11:21 PM
    And well, what do you expect loading a leaked software?

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 11:54 PM
    And well, what do you expect loading a leaked software?
    Sir, had you read my OP, you would note that I went if this with eyes wide open. If you do not wish to be part of the solution, find another forum.

Your response is totally inappropriate.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 12:48 AM
    Sir, had you read my OP, you would note that I went if this with eyes wide open. If you do not wish to be part of the solution, find another forum.

Your response is totally inappropriate.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, you can't expect people to always read your original post. More often than not, people just comment based on the title of your thread (or at least it seems that way).

If I were you, I would try using something like cfp or sicwipe to clear the device of everything, then run an autoloader for something like 10.3.1.1154 (which I know is good). Do your restore after everything boots up, but DO NOT restore settings. Bet that takes care of your issue. Good luck
    IFytFyrs likes this.
    12-06-14 01:01 AM
    When you say you can't launch android apps, what are the symptoms? Do you get a green line that moves across the screen but stops around 75%?

I have a Z10 STL100-3 and this behavior passes and after several tries, my android apps are fine. I've never had to reload anything to fix it.

I've never used a blitz install, I've only used sachesi to load the complete bar set from a directory on my PC (more times than I can count) and I have used an autoloader to fix a BB Assistant app search problem. I believe blitz is just a zipped copy of the directory of bars, so in theory it should be the same.

One thing to know, if you don't restore settings you lose call history, text messages, and calendar entries. I also believe a security wipe is a waste of time, but there are those that disagree.
    12-06-14 02:49 AM
    Did you use a autoloader or Sachesi to upgrade?

If Sachesi, download and run the autoloader. I have had the best luck with autoloaders

STL-4. 10.3.1.1154
    12-06-14 06:11 PM
    Well, I reloaded, rebooted and let it sit for a while. No luck. Rebooted again and let it sit, consulted device manager, and tried again Android apps still will not load. I really don't want to go back to 10.2.1, but I need this feature to function. Am I missing something?

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Hi - I have an idea for you to try because none of the 6 devices I have under my control have had the issue you're describing. (Passport, Z30, 2xZ10, 2xQ10)

Here's what I'd suggest: Use SACHESI and download the BLITZ for 1154 and try that, please. Anything that is already working fine won't be touched. Anything already installed that is Current (or newer) won't be touched. It's possible that you're missing something or that something didn't take as it should have (given your noted impatience )
    12-06-14 06:16 PM
    If I were you, I would try using something like cfp or sicwipe to clear the device of everything, then run an autoloader for something like 10.3.1.1154 (which I know is good). Do your restore after everything boots up, but DO NOT restore settings.
    I ended up using Sic Wipe and CFP. When it booted up, it all worked. I had used Sachesi to do a backup because <surprise> BB Link wouldn't read to do a backup. I then tried to restore my Sachesi backup... INCOMPLETE would about cover it. Damn. I used Remember extensively, and it did not restore... I tried doing complete restores (since i knew Sic Wipe could get me going). No luck. In the end I ran Sic Wipe/CFP, then did a full restore from an old BB Link backup, then did a full restore from my Sachesi backup. It is all working now, but I'll have to "remember" what I had in Remember. I can't believe that doesn't have an option for cloud backup/restore. Guess I really should switch to Evernote!!!

Thanks for the help!!!
    When you say you can't launch android apps, what are the symptoms? Do you get a green line that moves across the screen but stops around 75%?
    Yup. That was the behaviour. It just would not progress... Reboot, leave it sit, retry... No go. No problem now though!
    One thing to know, if you don't restore settings you lose call history, text messages, and calendar entries. I also believe a security wipe is a waste of time, but there are those that disagree.
    For a wipe and install, Sic Wipe/CFP works great, and pretty quick! I would rather go the non-destructive route though... Unfortunately, I just couldn't wake it up without the wipe (at least as far as I could work with it).
    Did you use a autoloader or Sachesi to upgrade?
    I used Blitz with Sachesi. In the end Sic Wipe saved me. Autoloader might have worked better, but then I would have discovered my bad backup even sooner!
    Hi - I have an idea for you to try because none of the 6 devices I have under my control have had the issue you're describing. (Passport, Z30, 2xZ10, 2xQ10)
    Here's what I'd suggest: Use SACHESI and download the BLITZ for 1154 and try that, please. Anything that is already working fine won't be touched. Anything already installed that is Current (or newer) won't be touched. It's possible that you're missing something or that something didn't take as it should have (given your noted impatience )
    Yeah, that was the first thing I tried, but no go until Sic Wipe.

Thanks to all for your help and input!!! Anyone have an idea for recovering my Remember data?!?
    12-07-14 09:00 PM
    Yeah, I really hope they offer more cloud backup for stuff like Remember
    12-07-14 09:10 PM